Anyone else sick of being treated like a sheep?

walzav29

I am annoyed by the arrogance and lack of urgency in regards to getting a deal done. I want to see how many fans I can get together and what we can do from our side. I've heard that the owners have prepared for a lockout. How arrogant is that? They can cancel a season and who cares? The sheep will be there the following year with a ticket in one hand and a 12 dollar beer in the other? Right now I'm thinking of no one pays for the Sunday Ticket and no one buys merchandise. I will keep you informed if your interested. The group is called F.A.L.L Fans Against Looming Lockout

I'm more annoyed with the players union, not being willing to give on any issue. The players are well compensated for thier time and dont seem the least bit interested in compromising. It is a two way street.

I don't blame either side but let's look at what's happening here. In 2009 the salary cap was $130 million per team. The owners' proposal on the table lowers that to $109m. Surely you don't blame the players for not accepting that?

The owners opted out of the last agreement early for a reason. They intend to greatly reduce the salary cap. Otherwise, why go through all of this? And they will let this extend into the season to accomplish it.

Us Bengal fans are better equipped than most to stomach a strike. We're used to doing other things on Sunday and in particular this year is a wonderful time for a work stoppage. Our team couldn't be in worse disarray. Personally I can get my fix with HS football, MLB, and college football until Thanksgiving. I won't greatly miss the NFL 'till then.

Shame on you guys for not joining. I've been here through the Kitna years, the win over KC, the magical 2005 season. We all had our hearts broken together with the knee incident. The Chris Henry death, the Chad circus. The Batman and Robin debacle. All we've been through and you guys can't even log into Facebook and click join on Fans Against Looming Lockout. I'm trying to accomplish something big.I wanted my Bengal brothers to join in with me. You guys abandoned me like I was Joe Montana's brother. Would we really rather have no football instead of a Bengal season?

Shame on you guys for not joining. I've been here through the Kitna years, the win over KC, the magical 2005 season. We all had our hearts broken together with the knee incident. The Chris Henry death, the Chad circus. The Batman and Robin debacle. All we've been through and you guys can't even log into Facebook and click join on Fans Against Looming Lockout. I'm trying to accomplish something big.I wanted my Bengal brothers to join in with me. You guys abandoned me like I was Joe Montana's brother. Would we really rather have no football instead of a Bengal season?

Sorry walzav, I dont piss around on Facebook or any of those social network sites. I dont care one way or the other, about either the millionare players or the billionare owners.

I can always find something else to do on Sundays this fall.

Sorry walzav, I dont piss around on Facebook or any of those social network sites. I dont care one way or the other, about either the millionare players or the billionare owners.

I can always find something else to do on Sundays this fall.

Can't blame you for that. You're excused. As for anyone on this site who is on facebook and won't join. You're leaving your boy hanging.

I sympathize Walter, really, I do. But let's face the cold, hard truth: all too many fans appear to be complete f**king morons.

Nearly two weeks have passed since Super Bowl XLV, and although I no longer remember the score or Aaron Rodgers' passing yardage or the number of advertisements that featured some sort of boneheaded lug and a potato chip, one figure refuses to escape my temporal lobe: $200.

That's the amount the National Football League charged 4,000 fans to stand outside of Cowboys Stadium and watch the game on a big-screen television. As reported in Peter King's recent Sports Illustrated profile of Roger Goodell, when the idea of having people pay big bucks to stare at a TV near the action was first hatched in the league offices, it was deemed ludicrous.

Then -- BAM! -- the tickets sold out.

"It was like a shark hitting red meat," Cowboys owner Jerry Jones told King. "We're thinking of selling more tickets. I know this: However many we print, people will buy."

Respect the fans? If I were an owner, no phrase could make me laugh more...

I'm not afraid to pick sides.

To maintain the natural balance and order within the universe all workers must be routinely crushed by their overlords.

Go overlords.

Does my boss make more money than me? Yes.

Does my boss make overriding key decisions? Yes.

Did I agree to work there? Yes.

I tend to be ok with this so I am not routinely crushed. More comprehensive health benefits and coverage would be nice for the players, however.

To maintain the natural balance and order within the universe all workers must be routinely crushed by their overlords.

Go overlords.

I tend to be ok with this so I am not routinely crushed. More comprehensive health benefits and coverage would be nice for the players, however.

I assume you mean after retiring. It seems to me that active players(other than the Bengals) have some of the best Doctors in their respective towns available free in the training room. They also have trainers to work out with and all the best equipment to stay healthy. I'm all for better care for retired players, though.

Go overlords.

I assume you mean after retiring. It seems to me that active players(other than the Bengals) have some of the best Doctors in their respective towns available free in the training room. They also have trainers to work out with and all the best equipment to stay healthy. I'm all for better care for retired players, though.

Yeah, retired players was what I was referring to.

Go overlords.

Yeah, retired players was what I was referring to.

Yup I'd support that and after hairs post...

Long live the overlords wait...Short live the overlord named Mike Brown :P

Sometimes you guys are contrarians just to be contrary. He's not asking for you to pick a side or commit to a rally. He's just asking that if you are on facebook that you "like" his cause. Rich people arguing over who should be slightly richer does not make me choose a side either, but I know if football goes away I will be unhappy no matter who is to blame. If you would be unhappy with no NFL football on days it was scheduled to be there, then consider it. Otherwise go back to chasing kids off your lawns.

Sometimes you guys are contrarians just to be contrary. He's not asking for you to pick a side or commit to a rally. He's just asking that if you are on facebook that you "like" his cause. Rich people arguing over who should be slightly richer does not make me choose a side either, but I know if football goes away I will be unhappy no matter who is to blame. If you would be unhappy with no NFL football on days it was scheduled to be there, then consider it. Otherwise go back to chasing kids off your lawns.

Thanks for understanding. You'd think I was asking for money to contribute to the Obama campaign. If you're not on Facebook I totally understand. If you are then why wouldn't you? Pro's are getting on, and I'm trying to get Collinsworth to throw us some love. Watch what happens when we get to a thousand. We might have that by the end of tomorrow. This could be the 1st time in history that the fans had some say in the NFL negotiations. Remember. It's OUR money they're fighting over.

I think you are pissing up a rope.

Not because I think your cause isn't worthy, but rather I don't think the owners or players truly care what the fans think. They care about their own situation and know we will readily come back with money in hand, waiting to spend away.

I certainly wish you luck in your efforts brother and if I were a facebook kind of guy, I'd throw in my support.

Not because I think your cause isn't worthy, but rather I don't think the owners or players truly care what the fans think. They care about their own situation and know we will readily come back with money in hand, waiting to spend away.

I certainly wish you luck in your efforts brother and if I were a facebook kind of guy, I'd throw in my support.

Of course they don't care what we think why would they? We can effect the money. Us fans watch ANYTHING they put an NFL emblem on. They get HUGE revenue from TV. If we organize and say we won't watch something the networks can put pressure on them because they lose adrevenue which effects the next TV contract. I'm telling you. This can be done.

DTV pays 700 million a year until 2014 to have exclusive rights. If we could get 500,000 people not commit until a deal is done thats a 112 million dollars out of someones pocket. Thats how we generate pressure.

Of course they don't care what we think why would they? We can effect the money. Us fans watch ANYTHING they put an NFL emblem on. They get HUGE revenue from TV. If we organize and say we won't watch something the networks can put pressure on them because they lose adrevenue which effects the next TV contract. I'm telling you. This can be done.

DTV pays 700 million a year until 2014 to have exclusive rights. If we could get 500,000 people not commit until a deal is done thats a 112 million dollars out of someones pocket. Thats how we generate pressure.

The question then becomes are you stopping your protest after the CBA is reached? Because if you do then your protest is meaningless. All you've proven to the owners, players, league is that you are easy to placate.

There will be another CBA disagreement and looming lockout sometime in the future, if you want to strengthen the fans power you'd better keep this pressure up from now on and on a consistent basis.

Anything else to the powers that be is hot air.

1080 members now. I will be on Sirius NFL in between 3 and 7 o'clock to discuss. You guys shouldn't underestimate yourselves. You're acting like we aren't the reason all of this money is generated. Thats silly.

Again, with all respect to your cause, if you want to make long standing changes the pressure has to stay applied for longer than just the resolution of this current CBA. Things such as ticket prices and beer prices, etc. If you want to make those changes people need to stay non-commited to football AFTER the CBA is reached. If that does not happen, then all of this that you are doing is for not. It won't matter and the league and owners won't take you seriously.

This goes for any cause for change. You want people to listen? Act and react rationally. Then you will be taken seriously. Emotionally reacting to the CBA because of anger and frustration will not change the league and owners. They KNOW that you LOVE football because you are reacting emotionally. As soon as football comes back you will fall in love with it again. And they KNOW this will happen.

BTW, I "liked" your FB page so add me to your total.

Jeebus, Walter, I am too old to think anything fans do makes a difference. 1982, 1987, 1981, 1994, whenver the NHL crapped their season, the NBA's thing, that's in my lifetime. Each of the leagues goes through this periodically, and each time they could give a s**t about fans. Good luck on your quest, but its tilting at windmills.