T.J.'s pic on the cover of the Baltimore Sun

Chucktkd

Whats really funny is seeing the Ravens message boards, about getting rid of Flacco, the DC, some even the HC lol lol. Man i keep thinking it could be worse for them, the could be bengals fans whos team wins 4 games and there are no changes at all. At least the Ravens get a chance every year because they make the playoffs.

Whats really funny is seeing the Ravens message boards, about getting rid of Flacco, the DC, some even the HC lol lol. Man i keep thinking it could be worse for them, the could be bengals fans whos team wins 4 games and there are no changes at all. At least the Ravens get a chance every year because they make the playoffs.

They just seem to be getting old. They banked on Boldin being a difference but he really wasn't.

They rely on their defense to win them games by getting turnovers but they couldn't move the ball when they needed to and their DBs gave up some big plays.

The truth is that the Ravens really aren't that good of a football team. Terribly inconsistent. Their defense can be gameplanned against as they are no longer dominant. If you take Ray Rice out of the game or contain him, you win. Joe Flacco looks like he has some Palmer in him. Puts up good numbers, shows some skill...put him in a big game and he folds.

Obviously they are better than the Bengals mostly because they consistently win more...but are they that much better of a team?

The truth is that the Ravens really aren't that good of a football team. Terribly inconsistent. Their defense can be gameplanned against as they are no longer dominant. If you take Ray Rice out of the game or contain him, you win. Joe Flacco looks like he has some Palmer in him. Puts up good numbers, shows some skill...put him in a big game and he folds.

Obviously they are better than the Bengals mostly because they consistently win more...but are they that much better of a team?

I dont know how much better they really are, but at least they give themselves a chance to win by getting to the playoffs. I think the difference is they know how to win, the Bengals forgot this year how to finish games.

Turnovers killed the ravens tonight, just like turnovers killed the bengals all year long. Bengals would have won more games if they didnt turn the ball over so much. Turnovers flat out hurt teams, if the Bengals could learn not to turn the ball over as much as they do, they would give themselves more a chance.

Why are you guys cracking on the Ravens. They got farther than we did! Are they a better team than the Bengals? YES they are. Why? Um look at the records! I'm not a Ravens fan but was hoping that they would knock the Steelers out of the playoffs. The game was a close dog fight. It's not like they were blown out like Atlanta was! Now we have three teams in the AFC that I hate.

I didn't click on the link, but I imagine the picture shows TJ feeling sorry for himself. On the game telecast they said he's been bitching this season about not getting the ball enough. He whined to the refs in fine fashion as well. Good luck TJ!

tj2011.jpg

That's becoming a familiar sight for TJ.

Sitting by himself on the bench with face planted firmly in his hands.

This time after dropping a pass on 4th and season.

I loved every second watching him drop that one.

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving WR in the league.

F*CK YOU TJ, F*CK YOU !!!

TJ miss being a Bengal ?? Not hardly. At least he had a chance to play in the playoffs this season.

I'm real sure he feels all empty inside about not being on a 4-12 team, huh ?

No Graham is out of the playoffs as well.

Graham I would have wished well he did nothing to deserve hate.

He missed the FG against the Steelers in the season finale of 2006 that would have put the Bengals in the playoffs in back-to-back seasons. The whole landscape of this franchise was affected by that miss.

Oh and he did miss the two in the playoffs last year but I'm not bitter. I don't really hate the guy because he did make some clutch kicks through the years but that one against Pittsburgh was especially painful. You work hard all year and then poof you're done 'cause he pushed it wide right.

No Graham is out of the playoffs as well.

Graham I would have wished well he did nothing to deserve hate.

He missed the FG against the Steelers in the season finale of 2006 that would have put the Bengals in the playoffs in back-to-back seasons. The whole landscape of this franchise was affected by that miss.

Oh and he did miss the two in the playoffs last year but I'm not bitter. I don't really hate the guy because he did make some clutch kicks through the years but that one against Pittsburgh was especially painful. You work hard all year and then poof you're done 'cause he pushed it wide right.

Man, I do not get the hate for TJ. He was a bit of a douche in the manner that he left, and some of the things he did/said, but he didn't exactly slam the Bengals left and right or make a scene of it.

He put up some good #'s here, was extremely competitive and worked hard, and I'll pretty much remember him as a Bengal. I thought you guys would understand by now that the Bengals do this to their great players, when they get tired of losing.

Chad stayed and he's completely insane.

Carson Palmer seems to suffer from black-outs on the field now.

It's a losing, sub-standard atmosphere, with a hopeless structure where players play for themselves, or to earn a job and move on.

A few players get disillusioned, or just accept their fate and play out their years (Palmer), but I completely understand the disdain for Bengals' ownership many former players have.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/

At least TJ admitted his mistake. He didn't try to blame anyone else it seems.

“When the game’s on the line I want my number to be called and I dropped it,” said Houshmandzadeh, who had three receptions for 38 yards. “It was so stupid of me. I normally don’t catch the ball with my body and at the last minute I was indecisive and took my eyes off it. “I would bet every dollar that I would make that catch. I always make that play and it’s almost like it doesn’t seem real at this point.”

As for Graham, I get that misses happen but that miss was a microcosm of life in Bengal-land. Imagine where the mindset and mood of the franchise would have been if they had made the playoffs again. It would have meant back-to-back playoff appearances and another winning record after finishing 8-8 in Marvin's first two years. It would have been a fitting finish to the regular season by making that FG. You have a chance to beat the defending World Champion Steelers basically a year after Carson was injured in the playoff game, while overcoming Pollack's injury and the Odell stuff that year too. Maybe it's a minor point and there are 100 other plays just like that in a season but when it came down to the whole season on the line, he whiffed.

Man, I do not get the hate for TJ.

You don't? If TJ had walked away quietly, just thanks for the millions Bengals, I'm on to greener pastures, there would be no issue at all. It's that he openly rooted against the Bengals. It's remarks like the one Kaz cited, 'perfect day' when the Bengals lose and his team wins.

The hate for TJ? He earned it.

It also doesn't help that in his last season here, he stopped trying. I was at a couple of those games and TJ didn't even appear to try.

So while I can give him credit for what he did early on after getting on the field, he lost me soon after that and I don't view him in much better light than Chad.

Tired of losing ?? Well, f*ck you, so are the fans. How about shuting the f*ck up and keep working.

His comments after leaving were total bullsh*t, so to hell with him.

Yeah, I'm still smiling about him dropping that ball as well, even though it helped the Steelers.

Keep your face firmly planted TJ and maybe we can relive that sight with another team next season.

DICK.