The End of the World Will be Televised

HairOnFire

Remember the announcer-less game during the 1980s? NFL Films on the Saturday after Thanksgiving will air the Bengals-Jets game on NFL Network, using only the words of players and coaches who will be miked up for the Thanksgiving night game.

“We’ve got 15 players and coaches miked during the game, including both coaches and all the coordinators and quarterbacks and middle linebackers,” NFL Films president Steve Sabol said. “We’ll have 60 people shooting the game, which is more than we use for a Super Bowl, and then we’ll turn it around in 48 hours and show it to you through the eyes of the players. It’s something you won’t see anywhere else.” …

Sounds more interesting than the usual babbling ijits in the booth...

Sure, you say that now, but I'm guessing by the time the 2nd half begins you and everyone else will be begging for some Gus Johnson.

And I promise you this, putting microphones on Bengal coaches and players is the perfect recipe for meltdown. Not that I mind. Best, because NFL Films is involved, the meltdown will probably have a stirring soundtrack and lots of slow motion shots of tears falling upon the turf.

And I promise you this, putting microphones on Bengal coaches and players is the perfect recipe for meltdown.

I'm just not seeing it. In order for their to be a meltdown, you need a few things in place, one of which is some high-strung character who is stuck in "Siberia." But Marvin, TO and Benson are all free agents after week 17. Chad is unless they pick up his option, which appears unlikely. The D is suddenly chock full of young'uns who might get emotional but aren't meltdown material. Palmer? Looks like he checked out mentally a while back to me.

What I suspect you are going to get is three hours of something like this:

"Man BLEEP c'mon you BLEEP that BLEEP BLEEP BLEEEEEEEEP if he BLEEEP BLEEP I will BLEEP his BLEEP BLEEP"."

From Lances Blog

Fantastic!

If you have NFL Network check to see when they will replay the Bengals-Jets game with the players and coaches mic'd up! It's outstanding.

Highlights:

*Carson: "We've got to get out of the huddle faster" Brat: "God...we've got to get out of the huddle faster"

*Brat: "Chad....would you just get lined up so we can run the play?"

*Carson passes up top to Chad..they can't connect.....Marvin: "Run Chad! Damn it!"......Brat: "Run Chad, don't push, just run, God oh mighty!"

*Carson to Chad walking off: "Run, keep working!, I expect you to be perfect on every play...because you can be that good!"

*Marvin to Chad" "If you keep running....you are wide open on that". Chad walks to bench...tells teammates, "Marvin said I didn't run. I can't win"

*Carson deep ball, floats, picked......Chad to CP: "Did you get pressure?".....CP: "No, I just didn't throw all of it"

*Jordan Shipley was complaining there was pass interference on deep ball. Ryan to Shipley: "Hey, quit your bitching".........Marvin to Shipley: "You were looking back. If you are looking back it's incidental contact"

*Carson picked throwing into triple coverage in endzone.......Brat: "Ahhh, he got greedy, don't get greedy Carson!"

*Rex at half: "We had 6 G-damn penalties, they have 1!...we're gonna kick their g-damn a-- anyway...let's go!"

*T.O. suggests to Jordan (on bench) they should throw deep ball...... Jordan: "We don't' have time (protection)

*Pettrey misses 27-yarder.......T.O. to Chad: "That was a chip shot. We should have gone for it if he's going to do that"

*Marvin on punt: "Look at it upstairs. Did it hit him or not? Brat, did it hit him?"..... Brat: "Yes...it's their ball"

*Marvin on Smith kick return for TD: "You've got to be ----- kidding me...oh my God"

*Marvin on OL: "We are just horse sh-- at blocking people....we are half a--"

*Marvin: "I'm proud of how you fought, I'm disappointed I can't fix the errors. That's on me. You fight your a-- off for each other"

From Lances Blog

Fantastic!

If you have NFL Network check to see when they will replay the Bengals-Jets game with the players and coaches mic'd up! It's outstanding.

Highlights:

*Carson: "We've got to get out of the huddle faster" Brat: "God...we've got to get out of the huddle faster"

*Brat: "Chad....would you just get lined up so we can run the play?"

*Carson passes up top to Chad..they can't connect.....Marvin: "Run Chad! Damn it!"......Brat: "Run Chad, don't push, just run, God oh mighty!"

*Carson to Chad walking off: "Run, keep working!, I expect you to be perfect on every play...because you can be that good!"

*Marvin to Chad" "If you keep running....you are wide open on that". Chad walks to bench...tells teammates, "Marvin said I didn't run. I can't win"

*Carson deep ball, floats, picked......Chad to CP: "Did you get pressure?".....CP: "No, I just didn't throw all of it"

*Jordan Shipley was complaining there was pass interference on deep ball. Ryan to Shipley: "Hey, quit your bitching".........Marvin to Shipley: "You were looking back. If you are looking back it's incidental contact"

*Carson picked throwing into triple coverage in endzone.......Brat: "Ahhh, he got greedy, don't get greedy Carson!"

*Rex at half: "We had 6 G-damn penalties, they have 1!...we're gonna kick their g-damn a-- anyway...let's go!"

*T.O. suggests to Jordan (on bench) they should throw deep ball...... Jordan: "We don't' have time (protection)

*Pettrey misses 27-yarder.......T.O. to Chad: "That was a chip shot. We should have gone for it if he's going to do that"

*Marvin on punt: "Look at it upstairs. Did it hit him or not? Brat, did it hit him?"..... Brat: "Yes...it's their ball"

*Marvin on Smith kick return for TD: "You've got to be ----- kidding me...oh my God"

*Marvin on OL: "We are just horse sh-- at blocking people....we are half a--"

*Marvin: "I'm proud of how you fought, I'm disappointed I can't fix the errors. That's on me. You fight your a-- off for each other"

I f*cking have to see this.

More from Lance

*Chad talks on sideline about what they should try. Marvin to Chad: "You've got to run....get to your spot...make your adjustment"

*Marvin to Brat after INT...."What was the play?"....Brat: "It was Action...to get Jermaine on a sail. He ran right into the LB instead of avoiding him. If he avoids him he's wide open."

*Marvin yells prior to Brad Smith reverse for TD: "Reverse! reverse!, reverse!" As play ends Marvin says, "What happened to the LB?".......(Maualuga got cut on the play)*Rey Maualuga interception. Carlos Dunlap walks to sideline. Marvin to Dunlap: "Why are you upset? You should be happy. We got the ball. This is not a selfish sport."

*Late first half. Brat to Marvin: "You wanna go 1-minute? Marvin: "However you want to play it. Whatever you feel more comfortable with"

*Brat on punt deflection: "Get on it Bubba! (Caldwell)"

*Santonio Holmes to Brian Schottenhiemer (Jets off-co): "They are playing scared in the secondary...they don't want to let us behind them". The Jets then went underneath and down the middle with success and got in field goal position (missed).*Holmes to teammates after TD catch in front of Wade: "He (Wade) didn't know where he was. He was backing up at the goal line. I knew I had him. I looked straight at Mark and knew it was coming"

*Trevor Pryce on sack/safety: "I saw the clock (play clock about to hit zero). I knew he (Carson) had to tap and go. As soon as he tapped...I went".

*Rex to Chad and T.O. after game: "Hey, I like your guys show"

ort."

*Late first half. Brat to Marvin: "You wanna go 1-minute? Marvin: "However you want to play it. Whatever you feel more comfortable with"

This tells the story right there. The head coach MUST dictate what the team does. Marvin doesn't do it on either side of the ball. :angry:

ort."

This tells the story right there. The head coach MUST dictate what the team does. Marvin doesn't do it on either side of the ball. :angry:

He's gotta set the tone.

FIRM believer Marvin should be gone and NO, I don't care who they bring in.

FIRM believer Brat should be gone and NO, I don't care who they bring in.

You can probably add more names to that list, but there is a good start.

I guarantee you that they will keep some of the coaches no matter what happens with Marvin. Coyle, Alexander and Anderson are three that come to mind.

FIRM believer Marvin should be gone and NO, I don't care who they bring in.

FIRM believer Brat should be gone and NO, I don't care who they bring in.

FIRM believer Alexander should be gone and NO, I don't care who they bring in.

FIRM believer Sheppard should be gone and NO, I don't care who they bring in.

FIRM believer Zempesne should be gone and NO, I don't care who they bring in.

FIRM believer Medical Staff should be gone and NO, I don't care who they bring in.

FIRM believer Training Staff should be gone and NO, I don't care who they bring in.

FIRM believer Brown family should be gone and NO, I don't care who they bring in.

You can probably add more names to that list, but there is a good start.

I wanted to add to your post Army.

I guarantee you that they will keep some of the coaches no matter what happens with Marvin. Coyle, Alexander and Anderson are three that come to mind.

On Coaches I think that should stay

Mike Zimmmer-Defense having a bad year but our Secondary has been Decimated and Marvin seems to have something against getting real passrushers

Jim Anderson-Ya he's offense but he was a paul brown Hire and has done a good job for us,His only busts have been from freakish injurys (kenny,Carter Perry etc)

Kevin Coyle-Has done a great job with our DB's overall simply need give him some more talent at safety.

Jeff Fitzgerald-Our Linebackers have been great,my only fault with them is DHani is still starting which is probably marvin/zimmers decesion..Yes Keith isn't playing like top 10 pick but we knew that when we drafted him that he was gonna be like Brian SImmons vs Brian Urlacher...I'm thinking though Maybe Move Keith to SLB Rey Inside & Resign Brandon for WLB

as for Hayes In the past I've given him the benefit of the Doubt because he didn't have the talent to work with,But now he has the talent and the Passrush is still lacking so I'd like to see us bring in someone who wants Freeney/Allen type defensive Ends instead of the Elephant type who can't passrush

PS,I hope your wrong on Alexander the guy has been here for 15 years and had one good offensive line that was built out of 1st & 2nd rounders he can't develop mid to late round picks....He needs to go with Brat & marvin

On Coaches I think that should stay

Mike Zimmer-Defense having a bad year but our Secondary has been Decimated and Marvin seems to have something against getting real passrushers

Jim Anderson-Ya he's offense but he was a paul brown Hire and has done a good job for us,His only busts have been from freakish injurys (kenny,Carter Perry etc)

Kevin Coyle-Has done a great job with our DB's overall simply need give him some more talent at safety.

Jeff Fitzgerald-Our Linebackers have been great,my only fault with them is DHani is still starting which is probably marvin/zimmers decesion..Yes Keith isn't playing like top 10 pick but we knew that when we drafted him that he was gonna be like Brian SImmons vs Brian Urlacher...I'm thinking though Maybe Move Keith to SLB Rey Inside & Resign Brandon for WLB

as for Hayes In the past I've given him the benefit of the Doubt because he didn't have the talent to work with,But now he has the talent and the Passrush is still lacking so I'd like to see us bring in someone who wants Freeney/Allen type defensive Ends instead of the Elephant type who can't passrush

PS,I hope your wrong on Alexander the guy has been here for 15 years and had one good offensive line that was built out of 1st & 2nd rounders he can't develop mid to late round picks....He needs to go with Brat & marvin

My selection of Alexander is only my speculating on what MB is thinking at the time. I agree that he has had minimal results on his tenure. I think the team was spoiled by having Anthony Munoz for over a decade and having Jim McNally who was able to make something out of nothing. That has skewed their mindset. Plus MB will not pay tackle money to guards and centers. Did we come out ahead when we let Mike Goff walk and then signed Bobby Williams?

Zimmer may well become the head coach but I think he deserves more time and more talent. I also have to wonder what the long term affect of losing his wife has had on him and the team this season.

Anderson will probably remain on the staff because if there has been on consistent thing over the last 25 years has been the long list of capable running backs. I think he seems to know how to develop guys and keep their heads on straight with the exception of Corey Dillon.

Coyle is well respected in the coaching fraternity. Again better players would help.

Fitzgerald is a high motor guy but I have to wonder if he is having any impact on Rey's development. Earlier I heard that they are aware of Dhani's shortcomings but he is the only guy that knows the defense therefore he stays in the middle. I also wonder how much the DUI thing distracted Rey earlier this year. I think you tell him it's his turn next year and he'll have to work on it this offseason.

I think the team scrimped on Hebert and Hoge which backfired so I am not sure about Simmons. He certainly stabilized Special Teams but they have been bad this year.

Other than that I think Sheppard is junk, Brat has become so predictable and the Hayes will be gone if Marvin goes.

Zimmer may well become the head coach but I think he deserves more time and more talent. I also have to wonder what the long term affect of losing his wife has had on him and the team this season.

For a time I was wondering if Zim still wanted become a head coach with the loss of his wife but Sanders recently commented how he talks to zimmer almost every week and zimmer still wants to become a Head coach.

I think the team scrimped on Hebert and Hodge which backfired so I am not sure about Simmons. He certainly stabilized Special Teams but they have been bad this year.

Ya simmons job for me depends if it was his choice to let them go,If he wanted them and marvin cut them then keep him because to me losing Hebert was HUGE blow to special teaMS.

ort."

I hear you, but it's not Marvin's Main job to call the Offensive plays. That's why you have an Offensive Coordinator... The OC's will consult the HC so they are on the same page, but it's the O-Coordinator's job to design/call plays. I think what's more telling is Brat's lack of confidence in the plays he calls or what he wants to run. I believe that since Brat has been the Coordinator so long Marvin just trusts him waaaay too much. If it were a newer OC (someone who hasn't been with the team for over a decade) Marvin would be much more involved.

While some HC's do take a bigger role in calling Offensive plays, that has never been Marvin, so I don't see why that comes as much of a shock? He comes from a Defensive background, and his main fault there is delegating the calls to an inept piece of sh*t like Brat. I also have to disagree a bit when you say "Marvin doesn't do it on either side of the ball" as he does give more input when it comes to Defense, Zimmer doesn't have full autonomy like Brat.

As Head Coach he obviously does deserve some of the blame, but I blame him more for not Forcing out Bratkowski like he did others (Leslie Frazier for example).

Screw it....Just fire them all....But Bratkowski and Paul Alexander definitely must go.....