"It's a beautifully designed offense....

kingwilly

Beg pardon?

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Saturday-hits-In-the-Jaws-Tank-questionable-Weather-check-/ccf1a25d-a78a-4741-8399-ae799663ad1b

Oh, our bad. It's just the execution. Ok.

If they could just execute, they'd be winners. Gotcha ;). Sure.

F.

Isn't that the problem with almost any losing team? Execution?

Here's a thought: Maybe design an offense that this corp of players CAN execute. Like the "Ground and Pound" that they leaned on last year to sweep the division and make the playoffs?

How about it Mr. Beautiful Offense Designer that Noone can Execute? Mr. 3rd and 2 Pass Junkie. Gotta get out and get right, pass on 3rd and short, pass, pass, pass. Problem is, this team CANNOT EXECUTE!!!!

At this level, not executing costs players jobs. Everywhere except Cincinnati. Stubbornly adhering to an offense that cannot/will not be modified and adjusted to take advantage of what they corp of players CAN execute should cost one Sideshow Bob his job.

I interpret what Jaworski said as not only are the players failing to execute, but that Bratkowski is failing to execute on the play calling end of things. Jaworski even laid out what he expected us to do, ie bring in the extra lineman, force the safety to come up to stop the run then find the open guy.

Too bad this season will be in the crapper before Bratkowski figures out how to run his own offense. Again.

I interpret what Jaworski said as not only are the players failing to execute, but that Bratkowski is failing to execute on the play calling end of things. Jaworski even laid out what he expected us to do, ie bring in the extra lineman, force the safety to come up to stop the run then find the open guy.

Too bad this season will be in the crapper before Bratkowski figures out how to run his own offense. Again.

To me, Brat "forgetting" how to run the offense is akin to forgetting to drive a car.

If all of this really is the case, then he's gotta go. We've all said it, seen it, agreed on what the issues are. Now, will SoP make the move after this season? fingers crossed....

To me, Brat "forgetting" how to run the offense is akin to forgetting to drive a car.

If all of this really is the case, then he's gotta go. We've all said it, seen it, agreed on what the issues are. Now, will SoP make the move after this season? fingers crossed....

What really confuses me is they spent all that time last year making this new playbook, getting everybody used to the new playbook, only to throw it out the window so far this year.

What really confuses me is they spent all that time last year making this new playbook, getting everybody used to the new playbook, only to throw it out the window so far this year.

It's not that confusing: all the talk of revamping the playbook was bullsh*t. This is the same offense they were running last season until they lost Henry.

It's not that confusing: all the talk of revamping the playbook was bullsh*t. This is the same offense they were running last season until they lost Henry.

It is not the same offense.

Through 7 games the Bengals run/pass ratio is way off.

191 runs

216 pass att

186 runs

282 pass att

Of course, playing from way behind assists this skew but the telling stat is the passing on 3rd downs, specifically 3rd and less than 3.

I don't see it as the same offense. From the playcalling, the personnel, the formations, quite a bit of differences.

It is not the same offense.

Through 7 games the Bengals run/pass ratio is way off.

191 runs

216 pass att

186 runs

282 pass att

Of course, playing from way behind assists this skew but the telling stat is the passing on 3rd downs, specifically 3rd and less than 3.

I don't see it as the same offense. From the playcalling, the personnel, the formations, quite a bit of differences.

As you noted, playing from behind will push up the passing numbers. You will certainly get no argument from me that they were more balanced. But I'm just not seeing much in the way of notable changes. Take Gresham, for example: instead of using him like a Dallas Clark, Brat is using him like a Dan Coats who can catch. TO's been plugged into Henry's "go long" spot, while Ship is the new Housh. Last year the excuse was we couldn't do play action because of Palmer's thumb but I'm not seeing a big increase in deception attempts this season.

As to passing on 3rd and short, yeah, I would like to see a bit more balance, but they did that a lot last year, too. Through 7 games last year they were in 3rd-and-3 or less 30 times and split runs and passes right down the middle. And even that was a bit skewed by a run-out-the-clock drive at the end of the Chicago blowout; subtract that and it was 12/15 in favor of the pass.