FB Pressley Released by TB

AMC

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/oct/23/231218/bucs-sign-rookie-guard-release-reserve-fb-pressley/news-breaking/

TAMPA - The Bucs made a roster move today to ensure they don't fall short of offensive linemen Sunday when they host the St. Louis Rams at Raymond James Stadium.

With starting left guard Keydrick Vincent (back) and starting right guard Davin Joseph (knee) listed as questionable for the game, the Bucs signed rookie guard Derek Hardman and promoted him from the practice squad.

To make room for Hardman, the Bucs released reserve fullback Chris Pressley, meaning rookie Erik Lorig has taken over, perhaps permanently, as the backup at that position.

I'd say yes but who do you cut.

Also, funny that he gets turned loose the week after we play them. I know he wasn't here that long, so maybe it's just a coincidence.

Perhaps they can cut Geathers? He is ineffective and highly overpaid.

Ok, few different things here:

#1. Who do you cut ?? Peerman. Unless you think he's going to provide you more sitting behind Benson, Scott, and Leonard than a true FB would blocking for Benson.

#2. A better o-line would be great, but this o-line has the ability to run block FAR better than pass block, so I would look at this move as taking care of the one thing Brat doesn't need to continually being "dumbed down" due to rookies and new guys.

#3. I'm going to be honest and say that I never saw a single episode of the Bengals Hard Knocks, so I can't comment about the touching story being talked about, but I can tell you I saw him absolutely blow people the f*ck up at the point of attack and can't see that being anything but a positive when looking at our offensive woes to this point.

Would Pressley be the savior of the team ?? No, but it certainly wouldn't be a step in the wrong direction either.

Also, funny that he gets turned loose the week after we play them. I know he wasn't here that long, so maybe it's just a coincidence.

I vote for Daniel Coats on the cutting issue. And, yes, sign him.

Perhaps they can cut Geathers? He is ineffective and highly overpaid.

Has he played since 2004? Doesn't seem that way.

I won't hold my breath but I wouldn't mind seeing the immortal one, Dan Coats, let go. He's not really been much of a problem this year but he shoulda been gone long ago. as for Pressley I say why not. If anything we can get him on the roster and coach him up for next year.