Lack of Focus

volcom69

Ok guys while i agree with everyone that things need to change lets look at other things going on that need to be fixed without firing anyone.

How about how many dropped passes we have seen from TO and Chad, and passes that are right in there hands. How about alittle fight from these guys. Yesterday i saw TO not even fight for the ball during that INT, or the other week in the endzone, without even trying for the ball he threw his hands up looking for the PI call. I for see these guys always talking trash, and do these stupid reality shows, well how about they put some more focus on the game. Stop dropping balls, if Chad dosnt drop that pass yesterday we dont have this dicussion.

Penalties, stop shooting yourself in the foot. They move the ball, they are driving, and then here comes the penalties. Get your head in the game and stop the stupid presnap penalities. Its like there thinking to much instead of just playing. You think, you stink.

Turnovers, Carson quite trying to force stupid passes when you dont have to. Throw to guys that are open, and if no one is open then throw it away. Stop trying to do to much, punt the ball if you have to but dont turn it over.

The reason i bring this up is because if you watch that game yesterday, they should have one the game, but its like everyone was not focused. They need to start to play as a team again, get toghter and figure things out. If anyone else sees something im not seeing then write it down, but im seeing guys out there who have no passion, and a lack of focus right now. Fix that and who knows maybe they can start winning games

I mentioned this just a few minutes ago in another thread. However, not be a contrarian, to fix this you have to fire someone. Yes, it's galling to think that people paid a king's ransom to play a child's game need motivating, but obviously most of them do. This is a problem that has been evident for a while now. Last yr was its zenith - or so we thought. The D saved the O's asses week after week and they managed to just snatch victory away by putting together, pretty often, just one TD drive in a game.

But no, this isn't a new problem and yes, all professional athletes have to take some responsibility, whatever their team or sport, but if s**t needs changing then the coach is the one to do it. I have no idea what Marvin et al were doing this summer but imparting their vision, authority and leadership on this team they certainly weren't.

So, f**k them.

There is too much talent on this team not to be good, year in and year out its like there scared to be good. Wheres the passion, wheres the emotion i wanna see other guys firing up the team after good plays, other players yelling when things are bad. Wheres the passion to play the game?

Ill keep going with the lack of focus, how about tackling there tackling has been very poor. Gap control has been horrible guys not playing in the right gaps. Playing team defense, last year thats how they were so good so far we have seen poor team defense. They need to start comunincating out there!

Look i know everybody wants this person fired or this person traded, and trust me im not happy with these guys and would like a bunch of changes, but chances are its not happening. So why not fix things they can fix, like actully wanting to play football. How about they show passion, show emotions, and focus on the game.

Almost everything you mentioned comes down to poor coaching so if ya want it fixed.....

I agree go read all my other posts on firing, but chances are its not happening. Im talking about how to fix things now, and if the coaches arnt going to do anything about then there are enough vets on this team to take things into there own hands! Call player only meetings, try fix the things you are doing poor like droping passes all over the place, and not tackling. These are professional football players, they are payed to play, so play!

There is too much talent on this team not to be good, year in and year out its like there scared to be good. Wheres the passion, wheres the emotion i wanna see other guys firing up the team after good plays, other players yelling when things are bad. Wheres the passion to play the game?

Well, I think Marvin gave you the answer today when he said that guys need to check their egos at the door. I take that as aimed at Benson and TO, who have both done some griping. But really fixing the locker room is up to the players, especially when the head coach went into the season as a lame duck.

The D I will cut some slack. They haven't been playing up to last year, but Odom is junk right now and we lost Fanene right out of the gate, and that was that for the pass rush. Toss in Dunlap's butt full of splinters and injuries that have hit Rivers, Roy and Pacman and I think they are struggling to get their best 11 guys on the field all at the same time.

I agree go read all my other posts on firing, but chances are its not happening. Im talking about how to fix things now, and if the coaches arnt going to do anything about then there are enough vets on this team to take things into there own hands! Call player only meetings, try fix the things you are doing poor like droping passes all over the place, and not tackling. These are professional football players, they are payed to play, so play!

Honestly I don't know that you can fix Chad and T.O. Chads been pampered like a baby his entire career here and T.O. is T.O., it's the same story wherever he goes. I remember the last time Chad was semi disciplined with the TD celebrations, he turned into a ballbaby that season and demanded a trade soon as the season ended. The only real options I can see is you either ride their asses and deactivate one of 'em, or deal with it until the end of the season and... Find replacements. Chad+TO= Two divas who could care less.

As to the rest I agree, the team needs to start holding themselves accountable if noone else is. Whitworth and Peko and some of the others need to start slapping guys around for not doing their jobs.

Well, I think Marvin gave you the answer today when he said that guys need to check their egos at the door. I take that as aimed at Benson and TO, who have both done some griping. But really fixing the locker room is up to the players, especially when the head coach went into the season as a lame duck.

The D I will cut some slack. They haven't been playing up to last year, but Odom is junk right now and we lost Fanene right out of the gate, and that was that for the pass rush. Toss in Dunlap's butt full of splinters and injuries that have hit Rivers, Roy and Pacman and I think they are struggling to get their best 11 guys on the field all at the same time.

How about being more physical, both defense and o-line so far i have not seen it. Last year everygame they played so physical, and thats what helped them win games. They need to get back to that!

As far as egos i agree, you wanna talk all this talk then back it up. TO needs to fight for the ball everytime even if it PI, and on bad throws try to get it dont let the other team pick it off. Same goes for Chad you want the ball then catch the easy ones that land in your hands. Things can be fixed but they have to want them to change.

Benson if he wants to talk then back it up, which i can say so far he has been playing his butt off.

Bulls**t.

It starts with Marvin and I've never seen him accountable.

If Benson gripes and then gets 144 yards rushing, over 8 ypc, then bitch away.

HE said he went for the 3rd down pass. HE said he wanted to be aggressive and not play "scared".

Give it a rest with handing a pass to the D. Hall "forgot" to tackle on a play. The D "forgot" to account for Graham on a crazy long run. These mental errors come from coaching.

It's all the coaching. Starting at the top. ML is crap. It is self evident. Plain as day. c. r. a. p.

No need mincing it. It is what it is. And it stinks.

stop the stupid presnap penalities. Its like there thinking to much instead of just playing. You think, you stink.

These o-linemen have to think too much, that's why we've always gotten so much offsides. They call 3 plays in the huddle, then Carson goes up and reads, the center goes up and reads, and both of them make their audibles. It's too much for these guys to handle.

Call a play in the huddle, go to the line and execute the play. That allows guys to play with intent. 3rd down, okay, you read the defense and audible. But all this crap on first down? WTF?

Bulls**t.

It starts with Marvin and I've never seen him accountable.

If Benson gripes and then gets 144 yards rushing, over 8 ypc, then bitch away.

HE said he went for the 3rd down pass. HE said he wanted to be aggressive and not play "scared".

Give it a rest with handing a pass to the D. Hall "forgot" to tackle on a play. The D "forgot" to account for Graham on a crazy long run. These mental errors come from coaching.

It's all the coaching. Starting at the top. ML is crap. It is self evident. Plain as day. c. r. a. p.

No need mincing it. It is what it is. And it stinks.

I agree it all starts with coaching! However i think we all know Marvin wont be fired during the bye, and probably nobody will for that matter. This team has no disapline to it.

I do think they need to fire somebody, and set an example it may be harsh but they need to get there point across. Marvin needs to start coaching like these are high school players.

During practice you get a penalty, you run! You drop a pass, you run, or do push-ups! Same goes for the defense you mess up you pay the price. On gameday Marvin needs to sit people play the guys who wanna play, and have stupid mental errors.

Theres to much talent to keep losing, and its BULL. Marvin needs to to see this and fix it, set an example make them pay for there stupid mistakes

So im flicking through the stations tonight and come up to the TOCHO show.....what the heck this makes sick. I dont mind if these guys wanna do there own little talk show after the season or whatever, but not during the season when you team right now is not playing there best ball. I think instead of worring about what is going on with everyone else maybe Chad and TO should be worried why the team is not very good!

Maybe Chad was thinking about why Randy Moss left New England on that 3rd down pass that went right through his hands for the interception, instead of thinking about catching the pass.

I know maybe it should but this is the kind of crap that bothers me, if i was Marvin i would put a stop these stupid shows till after the season, right now they need to worry about what to do to fix there own team not other teams!

I know maybe it should but this is the kind of crap that bothers me, if i was Marvin i would put a stop these stupid shows till after the season, right now they need to worry about what to do to fix there own team not other teams!

Well like I said earlier in the thread, Giggles has coddled Chad since the day he arrived so I doubt he puts a stop to anything at this point.