The Grass is Always Greener Over the Septic Tank

I was just reading that. I remember when people were like "How could the Seahawks just let him go??" and us telling them it's not because of what he can do on the field, but his mouth and him thinking he's better than he is. What was quick to be forgotten in that mix was that the Seahawks PAID the guy to NOT play for them this season.

And people wanted TJ back here. Can you imagine how that would have affected this team with the way the offense is going right now ??

Then again, I'm always happy to have yet another opportunity to say:

F*CK YOU TJ !!!

TJ, you know which one I mean brother !!!

:lol:

TJ should just accept that his brilliance may never be recognized in his lifetime. True genius often is only appreciated decades after death. Like Vincent van Gogh, or John Kennedy Toole, TJ may have to wait until the hereafter to get his due.

PS - Credit Hoosier with the first Irma Bombeck reference I've seen on this board.

PS - Credit Hoosier with the first Irma Bombeck reference I've seen on this board.

I was a big fan as a kid, weird as that may sound. And the Bengals could do worse than posting one of her quotes in big effing letters above Chad's locker:

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

I was a big fan as a kid, weird as that may sound.

I read her too. About 5 years ago I was in the Dayton airport, and they had what was essentially an Irma Bombeck museum in there. Sort of like a large display set up in the terminal. All sorts of memorabilia and artifacts from her life and career. She must have been from Dayton.