9and 0 here we come

diehardchef

Well we won over the browns fans with how well our team is playing. Hopefully after we go 10 and 0, you will jump on our band wagon. The browns fans asked us to put a woopin on you next week. :rolleyes: We all said we would have to wait and see if the (bungles ) is what they called you is as good of foot ball fans as they were.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my friend, Cincinnati is not Cleveland (thank God!).

Now I admit, if I had to make a bet to pay the mortgage, I'd pick the Chefs over our Bengals.... but I don't. And you know what? Sometimes you have pocket Aces, and the other guy fills out a flush on the river. That's why they play the games. Let's just hope that it will be a good one!

We will be alot harder to beat than the clowns were for ya -- and the bengals thrive on games that the other team thinks will be a cake walk so keep thinking that your team has an easy win next week and dont come back here crying just rember i told ya so............. :P

KC might win next week's game at Paul Brown Stadium, but the Bengals will give it their best effort, knowing the kind of coach Marvin Lewis is.... As for the team in northern Ohio.... I'll say this - IF IT'S BROWN, FLUSH IT DOWN ... Thanks Chiefs for putting the Brownies in last place in the afc north... we'll put the final nail in the Brownie's coffin on dec. 28th when Cincy beats the crap out of 'em.

Well the offensive machine that is KC is 9-0. And quite impressive, but not with some chinks in the armor. The defense can be scored on, although they are improved from last year. And the O-line falls asleep every now and then. The Bengals are gonnna be a big dog next week, and I for one cant wait for the chiefs to look past us and get shocked!!!

Thats right, shocked.........more to follow B)

The browns fans asked us to put a woopin on you next week. :rolleyes: We all said we would have to wait and see if the (bungles ) is what they called you is as good of foot ball fans as they were.

Don't be too impressed that the Browns fans fell in love with you. They'll fall in love with anybody for usually around 10 bucks. They're also easily distracted by moving things and shiny objects. Ever notice that the middle of Browns is Ow ?

Confused by your name. Are you really a chef ??? or is it just that you can't spell the name of your team.

Isn't diehardchef an interpretaion of the Germanic "Dieh Ard Chef" which roughly translates as "We will be eaten by tigers on Sunday"?

I for one cant wait for the chiefs to look past us and get shocked!!!

If the Chiefs didn't look past the Texans and the Browns, why do you think they'd look past the Bengals?

I've been looking forward to this game all year since this will be my first opprotunity to see Justin Smith as a pro. Speaking of DEs, how are you guys liking Clemons?

I think this should be a good game. It looks like our defenses are pretty comparable in terms of yards/game both in the passing and running games so you guys will probably have an advantage there just because its at home. Of course I really have no idea what your defense is like on the field since I've never seen them play. I think the Chiefs have an advantage on offense since we're scoring 10 more points a game - so an advantage going against an advantage looks like a close game.

Judging from the highlights I've seen, it looks like you guys can score just as quick as we can so this might come down to the last posession (which is always fun).

Although I expect the Chiefs to win, I wouldn't be surprised if we lost.

If the Chiefs didn't look past the Texans and the Browns, why do you think they'd look past the Bengals?

I've been looking forward to this game all year since this will be my first opprotunity to see Justin Smith as a pro. Speaking of DEs, how are you guys liking Clemons?

I think this should be a good game. It looks like our defenses are pretty comparable in terms of yards/game both in the passing and running games so you guys will probably have an advantage there just because its at home. Of course I really have no idea what your defense is like on the field since I've never seen them play. I think the Chiefs have an advantage on offense since we're scoring 10 more points a game - so an advantage going against an advantage looks like a close game.

Judging from the highlights I've seen, it looks like you guys can score just as quick as we can so this might come down to the last posession (which is always fun).

Kinda surprised you said that, I think the Bengals will be about an 8-9 point underdog in this one and will have to really step up to stay with the high powered Chiefs. But, the NFL is crazy, who would have thought the freaking Falcons would win by 20 over NY this week?

Bengals 41 Chiefs 37

B)

How do you figure they didn’t look beyond the Clowns? Didn’t they give the entire team the week off before the Cleveland game? Actually, the Clowns would have played a better game if they hadn’t peed off the CHEFS O-lineman with their cheap shots, which isn’t anything new to Clowns… Anyway, the Bengal’s will give you every thing you want Sunday…

Speaking of DEs, how are you guys liking Clemons?

Can't complain. 4 sacks (leads the team), a forced fumble, 1.5 tackles for loss, 26 solo tackles, 2 assists. Definitely an upgrade over Reinard. (Of course, a bucket of horse crap would have been an upgrade over Reinard...)

I'm surpised that it isn't more than that to tell the truth. I'm hoping that the Bengals come in and play their game. It will go a long way towards earning some credibility to play the Chiefs close whether they win or lose. If they get stage fright like they did against Denver and Arizona, it'll look like a Chiefs highlight film.

After CJ's guarantee, I'd love to see the final be 38 to 3 Cincinnati. The saner version of myself says Chiefs 35 Bengals 30. I'd love to be wrong on this one.

I'll add my surprise that the oddsmakers only have the Bengals at 6.5 under. That's downright respectable. Man, the Things Coach Lewis has done for the Bengals image...But anyway, onto the game. Neither defense has show the ability to stop offenses consistantly, so I expect a pretty high scoring game, I'd definately take the Over in the Over/Under....I can easily see each team score 40 points....The big question is how the Bengals respond to the pressure of it all. Do they let it all hang out and push the club over the edge into the realm of true contender? Or stay where they are at? How will Chad's guarantee pan out? I'm probably most in doubt about this game...I really think the Bengals have a real shot at winning this game, but the Chiefs have looked outstanding(except for their lack of a real star WR). My heart says Bengals 44-Chiefs 38. My head says Bengals 31-Chiefs 38...But I've never been one to think with my head anyway.

cheers

How do you figure they didn’t look beyond the Clowns? Didn’t they give the entire team the week off before the Cleveland game?

No they didn't take the entire week off before the game and I figure they didn't look past them by the score. But if they can score 41 points on a team they're looking past then maybe they should look past every other team they play.

I'll add my surprise that the oddsmakers only have the Bengals at 6.5 under. That's downright respectable. Man, the Things Coach Lewis has done for the Bengals image...But anyway, onto the game. Neither defense has show the ability to stop offenses consistantly, so I expect a pretty high scoring game, I'd definately take the Over in the Over/Under....I can easily see each team score 40 points....The big question is how the Bengals respond to the pressure of it all. Do they let it all hang out and push the club over the edge into the realm of true contender? Or stay where they are at? How will Chad's guarantee pan out? I'm probably most in doubt about this game...I really think the Bengals have a real shot at winning this game, but the Chiefs have looked outstanding(except for their lack of a real star WR). My heart says Bengals 44-Chiefs 38. My head says Bengals 31-Chiefs 38...But I've never been one to think with my head anyway.

cheers

With all do respect to your resurgent team, this ain't gonna happen. A few facts about this years KC Chiefs:

1) They've only given up more than 22 points once and that was to Green Bay in Lambeau when BF had one of the best games of his career. No offense intended but your place AIN'T Lambeau and that AIN'T Brett Favre you guys got at QB.

2) The only reason that Priest isn't leading the league in rushing is they are severely limiting his touches right now. As soon as they get more than a touchdown lead on anyone...he hardly touches it. Since 6 of our nine games we have been up by 14 or more by early in the 4th, he hasn't gotten it a whole lot. Unlike your RB...I don't think he has had 43 carries in his last 3 games.

3) Stopping he Chiefs is easy. Here is what you do. Put 8 guys in the box to stop Priest Holmes. Double (bracket cover) Tony Gonzales. Keep an extra safety back to cover both Johnie Morton AND Eddie Kennison and send 6 people after Trent Green because with 4 Pro-Bowl O-lineman they can man block everyone, just ask your friends in Northern Ohio. Only problem? that scheme takes at least 14 players to operate.

4) The chiefs have the most takeaways, the second fewest giveaways, the second fewest penalties and the best return man in football...so your going to have lousy field position all day.

Other than that...it should be a piece of cake.

bubba offers a (very) few facts...

1) They've only given up more than 22 points once and that was to Green Bay in Lambeau

So I dreamt that 23 they ponied up to Denver? Oh, never mind, what's a few facts among friends, right?

when BF had one of the best games of his career.  No offense intended but your place AIN'T Lambeau

No, thankfully it isn't. The Bengals are better at PBS (3-2) than the Pack at Lambeau (2-3). Darned facts.

and that AIN'T Brett Favre you guys got at QB.

Nope, it ain't. But at 2,064 yards and 13 TDs vs. 9 INTs, Kitna isn't that far from Tundra Boy's 17 TDs and 11 INTs on 1,832 yards.

2) The only reason that Priest isn't leading the league in rushing is they are severely limiting his touches right now.  As soon as they get more than a touchdown lead on anyone...he hardly touches it.

Well, heck, that'll make the Bengals' job easier. Since they tend to let the other team score on its first drive, Priest should be on the bench before the second quarrter and we can concentrate on stopping Green!

Since 6 of our nine games we have been up by 14 or more by early in the 4th, he hasn't gotten it a whole lot.  Unlike your RB...I don't think he has had 43 carries in his last 3 games.

Oh, good. So if he is needed he may wear down by the end of the game.

3) Stopping he Chiefs is easy.  Here is what you do.  Put 8 guys in the box to stop Priest Holmes.

Nah, no need. We've let guys like Jamal Lewis and Shaun Alexander run for 100+ yards on us and still won. Bend, don't break.

Double (bracket cover) Tony Gonzales.  Keep an extra safety back to cover both Johnie Morton AND Eddie Kennison and send 6 people after Trent Green because with 4 Pro-Bowl O-lineman they can man block everyone, just ask your friends in Northern Ohio.

Our friends in Northern Ohio couldn't defend against a Pop Warner squad. Watch for the safety blitzes and coverage sacks.

4) The chiefs have the most takeaways, the second fewest giveaways, the second fewest penalties and the best return man in football...so your going to have lousy field position all day.

So what else is new? With our crappy STs we've had lousy field position all year. We're used to it.

Other than that...it should be a piece of cake.

Would that be crow-flavored?

bubba offers a (very) few facts...

So I dreamt that 23 they ponied up to Denver? Oh, never mind, what's a few facts among friends, right?

OK 23 points not 22...BIIIIGGG difference. The original post i replied to was talking about 40+ points. I still haven't heard a good explanation as to how that's going to happen.

No, thankfully it isn't. The Bengals are better at PBS (3-2) than the Pack at Lambeau (2-3). Darned facts.

Are you seriously trying to say that PBS is a tougher place for visiting teams to play than Lambeu Field? I think if you polled NFL players you might get a different opinion. just a guess though

Nope, it ain't. But at 2,064 yards and 13 TDs vs. 9 INTs, Kitna isn't that far from Tundra Boy's 17 TDs and 11 INTs on 1,832 yards.

Kitna is a decent QB. But better than or even in Favre's league? That's not being a fan...that's just crazy. The guy is a first ballot HOFer and he played one of those games where he was in "the zone", at home, and the Pack STILL lost.

I will do my best Bungle WR imitation and GUARANTEE that Kitna will not have the kind of day BF had against the Chiefs

Oh, good. So if he is needed he may wear down by the end of the game.

No..my point was the opposite. The last 3 weeks he has had 19 carries, 0 carries (bye) & 15 carries. He's fresh, which is trouble for you guys.

We've let guys like Jamal Lewis and Shaun Alexander run for 100, yards on us and still won. Bend, don't break.

No offense but those guys don't quite have the supporting cast Priest does. Do you think Baltimore wouldn't trade Boeller for Green in a heartbeat (this year...not the future)

Our friends in Northern Ohio couldn't defend against a Pop Warner squad. Watch for the safety blitzes and coverage sacks.

My attempt to mess with you guys on the Cleveland thing. But they did have the #2 pass defense in the NFL coming in and we waxed them for 350+. It will have to be blitzing. I'm a huge Justin Smith fan, but no way you guys get to Green with a 4 man rush against one of the best O-Lines in History.

So what else is new? With our crappy STs we've had lousy field position all year. We're used to it.

Good.

Would that be crow-flavored?

Victory cake actually.

Glad to see you guys on the rise. If you notice the Justin Smith Avatar, I'm one of his biggest supporters (I played college ball for Mizzou).

You guys have a chance. Anyone in the NFL does. But if you win it WON'T be in the 40's. Anybody who says that is thinking of last years Chiefs. The only way the Chiefs lose this game is to go -3 or worse in turnovers and lose 24-21 or so.

We're used to having Raider & Donkey fans to smack around. With the bye, Cleveland and you guys, we haven't had anybody to mess with for a few weeks and it was getting a bit boring. If you feel adventurous...come on over to our house (kcforum.net) and play.

--BC

OK 23 points not 22...BIIIIGGG difference. The original post i replied to was talking about 40+ points. I still haven't heard a good explanation as to how that's going to happen.

Oh, don't get your ALL CAPS key in an uproar, bubba. As to 40 points, I'd be surprised to see that, too. On the other hand, KC hasn't exactly been facing the league's toughest offenses. Your last three opponents are ranked (roughly) 25 or worse in terms of points scored, for example. Right now, Cincy's ranked 13th by my count.

Are you seriously trying to say that PBS is a tougher place for visiting teams to play than Lambeu Field? I think if you polled NFL players you might get a different opinion. just a guess though

Poll, schmoll, the record speaks for itself. This year -- and that's all that counts right now -- PBS is a harder place to win for visiting teams than Lambeau.

Kitna is a decent QB. But better than or even in Favre's league? That's not being a fan...that's just crazy. The guy is a first ballot HOFer and he played one of those games where he was in "the zone", at home, and the Pack STILL lost.

Well, when you allow 400 yards passing and don't make the opposition pay with INTs, you tend to lose. But that's hardly Favre's fault. And whether he's a Hall of Famer isn't material, I'm simply talking about the way both QBs are playing this year. And Kitna and Favre are playing pretty comparable ball right now -- and again, right now is all that matters.

I will do my best Bungle WR imitation and GUARANTEE that Kitna will not have the kind of day BF had against the Chiefs

Here's hoping that both you and Chad Johnson are right.

No..my point was the opposite. The last 3 weeks he has had 19 carries, 0 carries (bye) & 15 carries. He's fresh, which is trouble for you guys.

No more than usual, I'd say. And if the Chiefs want to throw all day,I'll be thrilled. Our pass D is actually stronger than our run defense, so they're free to play to our strength.

My attempt to mess with you guys on the Cleveland thing. But they did have the #2 pass defense in the NFL coming in and we waxed them for 350+.

Cleveland has great defensive pass numbers because no one actually has to pass against them. Their offense is so pathetic (only AZ has scored fewer points) that once teams get 8 or 9 point lead they just play ball control. I'll match your guarantee with one that Trent won't have a 350+ yard day next Sunday.

It will have to be blitzing. I'm a huge Justin Smith fan, but no way you guys get to Green with a 4 man rush against one of the best O-Lines in History.

Smith's been quiet this year, actually; he's been drawing double teams almost every time he's in. The guy I'd watch out for is your ex, Clemons. He's leading the Bengals in sacks. But they don't have to actually get to Trent, just hem him in, pressure him, get their hands up and force him to throw it away. Or into the nearest defenders' hands...

The only way the Chiefs lose this game is to go -3 or worse in turnovers and lose 24-21 or so.

I expect the score will be a tad higher, something like 27-24 one way or the other, but yeah, the Bengals will need help from the Chiefs in the way of turnovers.