9and 0 here we come

diehardchef

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHO DEY!!!!!

I need no reason to justify my belief in the bungles winning 41-37 sunday. Oops, I mean BENGALS. Old habits are hard to break. Call it religion if you will.

If I need a reason to believe then it is because I think Dick Vermeil wants to lose this game. He is a motivator. You have to lose some time in the nfl. It's just a matter of how many.

We've let guys like Jamal Lewis and Shaun Alexander run for 100, yards on us and still won. Bend, don't break.

No offense but those guys don't quite have the supporting cast Priest does. Do you think Baltimore wouldn't trade Boeller for Green in a heartbeat (this year...not the future)

With Alexander, you may have a point. With Jamal Lewis, you're way off the mark. Good O line, Good receivers, and a TE named Todd Heap. Sure you've heard of him. He's the one that's as good now as your TE used to be when he was in his prime.

Before you say it, yeah I know you beat the Ravens. I get the implications of a 9 n 0 record. Beat 'em by 7 didn't you. Well get ready for more of the same as what they gave you only a little more. We beat them too. It was by more than 7, and it wasn't as close as it looks on paper.

Now stretch that wonderful football mind of yours and see if you can grasp the implications of that. In case you couldn't quite figure it out, try this.

Hope you can crap standing up, cause you're leaving a large part of your butt and your undefeated season in Cincinnati.

Your right - you beat the Ravens by more then we beat them, but how many more points then us did you beat the Bills, Steelers, Raiders, or Broncos by? If you look at our common opponents we have a record of 7-0 with a combined score of 220-102 -- the Bengals are 3-4 with a combined score of 145-159. If you only look at the games both of us have won the Chiefs have a combined score of 100-44, the Bengals have a combined score of 89-67. I wouldn't put too much stock in that 1 extra point you scored against the Ravens.

Your right - you beat the Ravens by more then we beat them, but how many more points then us did you beat the Bills, Steelers, Raiders, or Broncos by? If you look at our common opponents we have a record of 7-0 with a combined score of 220-102 -- the Bengals are 3-4 with a combined score of 145-159. If you only look at the games both of us have won the Chiefs have a combined score of 100-44, the Bengals have a combined score of 89-67. I wouldn't put too much stock in that 1 extra point you scored against the Ravens.

That post was directed towards Troll Bubba, not Chiefs fans in general.

As to the post. Common opponents are telling. More so than plain stats I think. I watched your game against the Bills. Chiefs got a huge lead in the first half and really didn't work up a sweat doing it.

I also watched the Bengals play the Bills and the Ravens. Saw bits and pieces of some of the others. Picked the Ravens to mention because obviously we won, but also because they seemed to match up well physically to the Chiefs. Chiefs beat them, no doubt about that. But unless the Chiefs were just having an off day, the Ravens didn't seem terribly overmatched.

All hype aside. Unbiased opinion, the Bengals I watched play the Ravens would have beaten the Bills and the Raiders. Even though the Steelers game was close, I can't include them because they legitemately ate the clock for the last 5+ minutes of the game.

I don't put too much stock in the 1 point you mentioned because I know that another 7 of the Ravens points came too late in the game to make much difference. Total points either Because there was another 7 we could've had against the Texans and took a knee instead.

All of the above is what went into my prediction for the score which I know you've already seen.

Talked smack to Bubba cause he was. Was upfront with you cause you were.

We will be alot harder to beat than the clowns were for ya -- and the bengals thrive on games that the other team thinks will be a cake walk so keep thinking that your team has an easy win next week and dont come back here crying just rember i told ya so............. :P

In that case it might be wise to get Johnson to shut his pie hole. Too late. When the fans are as fired up about shoving that quote up Johnson's Balloon Knot as they are now, you better beleive the players are.

bubba offers a (very) few facts...

QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->1) They've only given up more than 22 points once and that was to Green Bay in Lambeau

So I dreamt that 23 they ponied up to Denver? Oh' date=' never mind, what's a few facts among friends, right?

Well then lets keep with it. You have given up 22 or more points 6 times. Your right, Bubba should have never said that we keep the scores lower than your boys.

when BF had one of the best games of his career. No offense intended but your place AIN'T Lambeau

No, thankfully it isn't. The Bengals are better at PBS (3-2) than the Pack at Lambeau (2-3). Darned facts.

that is right. You beat three teams with a combined road record of 3-5 coming into your house. Regardless you will both have the same home record after this week. The only difference is the GB already lost to the Chiefs at Lambeau.

and that AIN'T Brett Favre you guys got at QB.

Nope, it ain't. But at 2,064 yards and 13 TDs vs. 9 INTs, Kitna isn't that far from Tundra Boy's 17 TDs and 11 INTs on 1,832 yards.

Farve has has lead GB to put 234 points on the board. To Kitna's 189. I still take Farve any day of the week.

2) The only reason that Priest isn't leading the league in rushing is they are severely limiting his touches right now. As soon as they get more than a touchdown lead on anyone...he hardly touches it.

Well, heck, that'll make the Bengals' job easier. Since they tend to let the other team score on its first drive, Priest should be on the bench before the second quarrter and we can concentrate on stopping Green!

That would be fine. You guys play like you did against the Cardinals, we might as well not even have him dress. I can't beleive you all even debate this game. beat the Cardinals and then talk smack.

Since 6 of our nine games we have been up by 14 or more by early in the 4th, he hasn't gotten it a whole lot. Unlike your RB...I don't think he has had 43 carries in his last 3 games.

Oh, good. So if he is needed he may wear down by the end of the game.

Nice try. The guy is fresh. Why waste him when you have so many other options. We can score without him. Why give tape to a team that might make the playoffs.

3) Stopping he Chiefs is easy. Here is what you do. Put 8 guys in the box to stop Priest Holmes.

Nah, no need. We've let guys like Jamal Lewis and Shaun Alexander run for 100, yards on us and still won. Bend, don't break.

We do have a few more scoring threats.

<!--QuoteBegin]Double (bracket cover) Tony Gonzales.&nbsp; Keep an extra safety back to cover both Johnie Morton AND Eddie Kennison and send 6 people after Trent Green because with 4 Pro-Bowl O-lineman they can man block everyone, just ask your friends in Northern Ohio.

A quick pop quiz: What do these teams have in common?

Denver

Oakland

Pittsburgh

Buffalo

If you guessed teams the Bungles have lost to, you are wrong. These are actually teams that the Chiefs have beaten and the Bungles have lost to.

In order for it to be a list of teams you lost to, it would have to include the mighty 3-6 Cardinals. You guys lost to the Cardinals? Let me see if I can get in the head of Bungles Fan, "We lost to the cards 2 weeks ago, but we are a different team now. We have a lot of momentum building after our upset of the Texans." Can you read that sentence out loud without laughing?

:lol::lol::lol:

Quick, what are these numbers?

2-0

2-1

That would be the Chiefs and Bengals records, respectively, vs. teams that have winning records.

Quick, what's this number?

27-44.

That would be the record of the little old ladies the Chiefs have built their allegedly impressive 9-0 by beating up. Yup, take away the 9 losses to the Chiefs and they still can't get into the black.

Quick, what's are these numbers

38-5

41-20

Scores of the last two Chiefs games, in which they ran up the score versus 2 teams (Buffalo, 25th in points scored, and Cleveland, 31st) who posed no threat to the end zone, showing that the Chiefs in general and their head coach in particular are no-class bums.

Quick, what's this product?

Depends

Adult diaper suppliers who should contact geriatric KC HC Dick Vermeil because he'll make the perfect spokesperson when he starts P*$$ING HIS PANTS this Sunday as the Bengals dismantle his supposedly invincible team.

Well then lets keep with it.

Keep with what, pointing out that Chiefs fans don't know how many points their own team has given up and how often? OK.

that is right.

Hey, props from a Chiefs fan. Should I be flattered or worried?

Farve has has lead GB to put 234 points on the board.

:lol: No, Ahman Green hasn;'t had *anything* to do with GB's total points scored, has he? Is that the best comeback you got?

Yeah the did beat Pittsburgh and Oakland though. Oh yeah those squads beat you guys.

Yeah, stuff happens. Have fun when it happens to you next Sunday.

Well then lets keep with it.

Keep with what, pointing out that Chiefs fans don't know how many points their own team has given up and how often? OK.

that is right.

Hey, props from a Chiefs fan. Should I be flattered or worried?

Farve has has lead GB to put 234 points on the board.

:lol: No, Ahman Green hasn;'t had *anything* to do with GB's total points scored, has he? Is that the best comeback you got?

Yeah the did beat Pittsburgh and Oakland though. Oh yeah those squads beat you guys.

Yeah, stuff happens. Have fun when it happens to you next Sunday.

Way to address the meat of the post. You really tore me up there.

Quick, what are these numbers?

2-0

2-1

That would be the Chiefs and Bengals records, respectively, vs. teams that have winning records.

Well now, that is a very telling stat then ain't it? Seems that JoiseyCat did really tear into you there mate.

Actually, the Chiefs should already have one loss to the Broncos but a very blind ref missed a call that won the game for the Chiefs....But sometimes it pays to be lucky instead of good, and it helps being the NFL Flavor of the Month.

Way to address the meat of the post. You really tore me up there.

Meat? The only meat apparent in your post was the lump between your ears.

Yeah, we lost to the Cards. How does the lesson that the team with the best record doesn't always win help your cause?

Or maybe you mean your lame 3-5 record claim? The teams Cincy beat at PBS are 4-9 on the road right now, a 4-5 road record vs. everyone but us. Teams the Chiefs beat at home are 5-14 on the road, 5-10 if you factor out their losses at Arrowhead.. In other words, you beat opponents who are batting .333 on the road, we beat teams playing nearly .500 away ball.

Or are you referring to the "Holmes is fresh 'cause he doesn't have many carries" bit? Heck, by that measure Rudi Johnson is so fresh he sparkles. Priest has what, 184 carries? Rudi's got fewer than 100.

Your other scoring threats? Yeah, Tony Gonzales. We all know that. But if you want threats at WR you're looking at the wrong team.

Perhaps you're waiting to deliver your killer comeback to my "BS excuse reply"? Sorry to disappoint. Bengals came in like they spent all the night before getting wasted at the Hooters down the road from Sun Devil stadium. They should have lost about 42-0 but fortunately they were playing the Cards, so they only lost by a FG. Now, repeat after me: the team with the best record doesn't always win. The team with the best record doesn't always win...

The Chiefs beat Pitt and Oakland? Awesome. That makes you and 11 other teams. Way to knock off those little old ladies. Yeah, we lost. Then we moved on to the next week and now we got a better record than both those teams. Now, let's see if you've learned our lessn yet: if we played Pitt or Oakland again, would we win just because we have a better record?

Has lousy field position contributed to our losses? Yup. On the other hand, we're one game under .500 despite lousy field position. Don't fret about us, we'll manage.

Thanks for playing. Have a nice day.

Broken record

yeah yeah yeah...Get to your point man...The Chiefs beat 2 teams over 500! Big damn deal. I know teams don't make their schedules, but you have got to admit they have a soft schedule. But this is typical of the Chiefs, have a great regualr season schedule and colapse in the Playoffs....Oh wait, that's not fair, that's Marty Schottenheimer's MO....sorry can't blame the Chiefs on that one...Just ask the Browns....hehe...can never turn down a chance to rip the Browns you know?

Broken record

yeah yeah yeah...Get to your point man...The Chiefs beat 2 teams over 500! Big damn deal. I know teams don't make their schedules, but you have got to admit they have a soft schedule. But this is typical of the Chiefs, have a great regualr season schedule and colapse in the Playoffs....Oh wait, that's not fair, that's Marty Schottenheimer's MO....sorry can't blame the Chiefs on that one...Just ask the Browns....hehe...can never turn down a chance to rip the Browns you know?

And after we beat you we will still only have beat 2 teams with a winning record. thanks for the help

hersheysquirts....You do an awful lot of trash talking for someone that doesn't have a clue. The fact of the matter is the Chefs have a harder time playing away games. They barely beat the Raiders and Ravens, had a major miracle to beat the Packers, and the only easy win was Houston. The truth is they have only played two teams with a winning record, and they only barely beat them. So before you book your Super Bowl ticket I suggest you book a clue.

cheers

I smell fair-weather fans. This is the first week with this kind of opponent-fan reaction. Notice how a suddenly hot team has fans coming out of the woodwork. Always happens.

K.C. is hot, no doubt. No matter the opponent, 9-0 is definitely impressive.

But I still think they're soft. I'd love to see the Titans or Patriots get a hold of the Chiefs.

They haven't proved themselves against a worthy opponent.

With a new-found running attack, Cincy can smell the upset. Defense will generate some picks off Green. Won't stop, but will contain Priest. And will mix it up well on offense.

Two things Bengals fans should worry about: Holes in Special Teams and Chiefs defensive ability in creating turnovers.

Barring a Dante return and a couple early-era Kitna mistakes (see Retro Kitna from the Cardinals game), Cinci pulls this one out 34-28.

If the impatient Kitna shows up and Dante gets his record 5th...well, K.C. takes it 35-17.

2 things.AFC's best teams: 1-Titans,2-Colts,3-Chiefs. Bengals win @ home again. Headline=Dick smacked!

Great Headline!!!

I do have to disagree on best teams, though:

1-Titans

2-Patriots

3-Chiefs

4-Colts

By the way, those aren't just the best AFC teams, they're the best NFL teams. AFC rocks this year.

I love the trash talk, fight the good fight Joisey.....im getting excited and its only Tuesday! :D

Joiseys kicking some butt ain't he ????? kevnz came out swinging too !!!!!!!!! Every time I go to say something, one of them has already said it better than the way I was going to do it. I'm just going to start posting " YEAH .......... What he said".

I'm with you. This is great stuff.

The logic on this board stupifies me...

The chiefs are a lousy team because the teams they beat aren't very good?

I guess Dick V & Carl Peterson should have called a couple of people on the bye week and seen if they could stop by and play us or something. C'mon people this is the NFL and 9-0 is 9-0 period. I know your used to Ohio State whipping up on the little sisters of the Big 10, but the NFL just doesn't work that way.

The Chiefs have won every game but 1 buy 6 points or more. The Bengals are almost a touchdown underdog at home! That doesn't happen very often in the NFL.

You're congratulating yourself on a sellout a couple of days before the game? I think you'll be supprised how many of those people are Chiefs fans, considering it's next to impossible to get tickets here (every game has been a sell out since 1989). Ask Houston, estimates after the game were that there were about 20K chiefs fans there and Houston is farther away than Cincy is. Maybe not...you've got good coach and a team on the rise...maybe your city is waking up.

As to the noise level...do you really think that a team that play all it's home games at Arrowhead and is already played in Green Bay & the Black Hole this year (and used to going to Denver on a yearly basis) is going to overcome at PBS?

It is the NFL. Anybody can win. Anybody can lose. The leauge is over 75 years old and there has only been one perfect record for a season. But come with some facts about why you think you're team will win other than the Chiefs are do to lose to someone.

Every prediction I've seen on here but 1 had the Bengals scoring 35+. I will gurantee that won't happen. The way to beat the Chiefs is to grind it out on the ground, force the Chiefs to do the same making it a low scoring game and then grab 2 or 3 turnovers. If this game becomes a track meet it's over and back to being the Bungles.

But come with some facts about why you think you're team will win other than the Chiefs are do to lose to someone.

Stats, facts, etc. mean almost nothing. Here's a stat: The Chiefs give up about a billion yards a game, but hold teams to what...17 points per?

Who cares about the yards when they don't allow the score. There are only two stats that matter: Points scored and points allowed. Period. Other than that, the only telling stat is turnovers.

Plus 18 turnover ratio by the Chiefs is scary. This game, as do most, comes down to who will hold on to the ball better. Eagles shouldn't have beaten the Pack, but they won the turnover battle 3-0. Same with Falcons over Giants. And how about the ugliest win in football...Rams had about 120 yards in the game, but scored 30 points

Because the Ravens coughed it up 5 times.

Bengals have a plus 3. That's great. But the only way they win is if they listen to Marvin preach all week about turnovers. You know he's drilling it with the plus 18 Chiefs coming in.