Rumor - 2nd Round pick for Haynesworth

walzav29

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as i would like to be unstoppable in madden wit this guy on my team.... And be impossible to run against in REAL life...

Not happening,.. We are done in FA until an injury comes up,..

See, isn't it fun to speculate ??

I just let this play out knowing someone else would make the comment about trading Chad for Haynesworth straight up.

See Derek, dispite our draft day disagreements, there are bigger issues we always seem to see eye to eye on !!! :sure:

Also, I'd like to say I just knew Hair was going to quote himself from his previous post on this thread.

To that also a "well done" to you !!! :cheers:

As for Money owed to Sir Albert, the estimated per year cost of his contract is 9 million per the last 3 seasons he has on his current deal.

Washington already ate a significant amount in order to make trading him more plausible.

If they admit that or not, that's how I saw it, but they did pay him like 21 million.

Chad for Albert straight up.

They need a WR more than ever with Moss in potential trouble and Randel El gone...

and this is the answer to the fans who want to know how trading Chad helps the team this season. Forget draft picks, just swap the unhappy campers.

And there it is.

No.....it isn't.

Not happening,.. We are done in FA until an injury comes up,..

That certainly may be true, but it stands to consider if an organization is always trying to improve it's roster, this would be a move worth consideration injury or not. Let's also not forget right prior to the draft, many thought the Bengals might look DT in the first round. While I love the fact they at least addressed it in the 3rd with Atkins and I like him, there's simply no denying Atkins won't bring to the table what Haynesworth will and there are other DT's that could be shown the door easily in the event this were to happen.

Just like the Chad trade, I don't think it will happen, but it's interesting and got mentioned just yesterday on ESPN.

I just let this play out knowing someone else would make the comment about trading Chad for Haynesworth straight up.

That's hilarious....mostly because I did it too.

Also, I'd like to say I just knew Hair was going to quote himself from his previous post on this thread.

To that also a "well done" to you !!! :cheers:

It never fails, whenever someone bumps an old thread I always open the thread from the start, reading all of the posts as written, before stumbling over something I've previously written and instantly forgotten.....but always still agree with.

As for Money owed to Sir Albert, the estimated per year cost of his contract is 9 million per the last 3 seasons he has on his current deal.

Washington already ate a significant amount in order to make trading him more plausible.

I'm pretty sure the per year cost is much less than that. Something like 3 years remaining at 16 million....slightly more than half of which is guaranteed.

Honestly, I think Sims would be the odd person out. There are reports that he isn't going to be participating until training camp due to injuries and his motor is still a question mark left unanswered for the most part. Give up on their 3rd rounder from this year ?? Won't happen...

I was just remembering some numbers discussed predraft, so my numbers may indeed be off, but even if I'm not, I'd still be ok with that.

Well, that's just the thing as his actual contract numbers ARE different than those I posted. :blink:

As I recall Haynesworth's contract was said to include voidable years and ghost money unlikely to be paid, and after dismissing those things were said to have resulted in a very managable "realistic" contract of the size and cost that I described. In fact, some sources claimed the remaining contract would be a relative bargain whose only negative was related to more than half of Haynesworth's future salary being guaranteed.

Frankly, I don't know what the real contract numbers are...only that they aren't really real at all.

For me, the biggest thing is, his contract would in fact be manageable for the Bengals AND he would help in the pass rush department from the interior of the d-line. Sounds like a win win scenario for a defense already in the top 5.

I wanted to also add that adding Haynesworth would do wonders for a secondary facing the need to do high dollar contracts for it CB tandom. Am I saying we don't need Hall or JJoe ?? No, I would love nothing more than to keep both of them long term, but something also tells me the Bengals won't. With that being the case, give me a pass rush that would make me feel better about losing one of those two if and when the time comes.

Take for example, the Super Bowl the Giants upset the Patriots a few years back. The Patriots pass game to a hit due to the constant pressure put on Brady by the Giants front 7. Now quick, name the starting CB's for the Super Bowl champs that year.

Sam Madison and Kevin Dockery with the rookie Aaron Ross.

Top CB tandom ?? Hardly, but they didn't need to be, they had a pass rush...

The direction we are taking with our interior DLine is quick penetrators which is why we didn't grab Cody in the second and went for Atkins instead. Haynesworth was a fat, unmotivated, unprepared waste for the Redskins last year. He always performs best in his NFL career when his money is on the line, the only thing is now he has so much money he doesn't need to worry about it.

Chad for Albert straight up.

They need a WR more than ever with Moss in potential trouble and Randel El gone...

and this is the answer to the fans who want to know how trading Chad helps the team this season. Forget draft picks, just swap the unhappy campers.

And there it is.

Trade a well respected, top 5 WR for a overpaid head-case DT?

This is why I can't really post on these boards anymore... You guys are out of your skulls.

I like the thought of bringing in Haynesworth. But to trade our only proven WR, and perhaps best player overall.... That's just crazy talk.

Haynesworth and Peko/Tank would be LOCK DOWN!

top 5 WR

Who?

We don't have a top 5 WR

Oh, we did have one not too long ago, but....well, he is in Seattle now, and not nearly the player he was here.

I can't really post on these boards anymore...

Best news I've had all year. Buh-Bye

You guys are out of your skulls.

Coming from the likes of you, this is a massive compliment. Thank you. Again, buh-bye.

.... That's just crazy talk.

It always cracks me up when someone writes something like the above in one sentence, and then in the very next sentence writes...

Haynesworth and Peko/Tank would be LOCK DOWN!

And there it is. Or rather, there it is...cap locked with an exclamation point.

Crazy talk? :blink:

You're welcome.

Top 5 WR ?? Hell, we don't have a top 10 WR and some would argue even top 15...

The crazy talk is people that just refuse to consider the "possibility" of change and that, God forbid, it might be a good thing. **GULP**

Fans might miss the production of TJ, but I haven't heard anyone say that his BS would be worth bringing him back.

I simply don't understand how Chad isn't put in the same category at this point in his career.

If you are going to say adding Haynesworth to the rotation is "lockdown", then trading an aging WR whose role should be diminished this year, as well as coming to the end of his contract, shouldn't be that hard to fathom.

Once again, I have no doubt that Chad will be here in 2010, I simply don't think that's necessarily the smartest thing when looking at the big picture.

You guys must be forgetting something...

Chad is still a top 5 WR, I don't care what anyone says. Now, I love Palmer just as much as the next guy, but you have to admit that his accuracy and overall play has dropped off since the injury in '05... We have not seen the same Palmer since! Therefor, Chad's numbers have been affected from this as well as other things (Brat's playcalling if you need to know).

There isn't a player in this league that runs a better route than 85. Study the game. Watch the films. You will quickly learn that this is a FACT. Chad's route running ability is on par with Jerry Rice's game.

I can predict what you're going to say next... Gizzle, you're an idiot! Chad drops too many balls. He gives up on plays. He can't block... Blah, Blah, Blah. Every WR drops balls. Every player has their ups and downs. The fact still remains that when #9 brings his A game - Ocho will be ready.

Houshmandzadeh was nothing without Chad. That's why he isn't nearly as good in Seatle as he was here in Cincinnati. Chad does so much more for this team than just catching balls.

And yes, Haynesworth paired with Tank/Peko and Geather, Johnson, and Odom would be NASTY! I don't even need to say it.. That's a HEAVY rotation.

You guys must be forgetting something...

Chad is still a top 5 WR, I don't care what anyone says. Now, I love Palmer just as much as the next guy, but you have to admit that his accuracy and overall play has dropped off since the injury in '05... We have not seen the same Palmer since! Therefor, Chad's numbers have been affected from this as well as other things (Brat's playcalling if you need to know).

There isn't a player in this league that runs a better route than 85. Study the game. Watch the films. You will quickly learn that this is a FACT. Chad's route running ability is on par with Jerry Rice's game.

I can predict what you're going to say next... Gizzle, you're an idiot! Chad drops too many balls. He gives up on plays. He can't block... Blah, Blah, Blah. Every WR drops balls. Every player has their ups and downs. The fact still remains that when #9 brings his A game - Ocho will be ready.

Houshmandzadeh was nothing without Chad. That's why he isn't nearly as good in Seatle as he was here in Cincinnati. Chad does so much more for this team than just catching balls.

And yes, Haynesworth paired with Tank/Peko and Geather, Johnson, and Odom would be NASTY! I don't even need to say it.. That's a HEAVY rotation.

I agree sir,.. I am not sure he is a top 5 reciever... But he is definately top 7. Which is still great. Antonio bryant is top 15 IMO also