All Hat No Cattle Stadium?

HairOnFire

Jerry Jones Jr. says that the team's stadium eventually will have a name

Posted by Mike Florio on March 12, 2010 3:22 PM ET

One of the great ironies of Cowboys Stadium is that owner Jerry Jones, who once chided Bengals owner Mike Brown for not trying to sell his stadium's naming rights, has been to date unable to strike an acceptable deal for the privilege of attaching a corporate moniker to the monstrous new venue in North Texas.

In an interview with Terry Lefton of SportsBusiness Daily, Cowboys executive V.P. Jerry Jones said that, eventually, a naming-rights deal will be struck.

"You want to do it when it's right for everybody," Jones said. "You will see a name on our stadium. When will that be? I don't have a time frame. That's something we take very seriously, so it won't be with just anybody. The name on the stadium will be as much a part of the brand as the Cowboys star and our silver and blue. We've got to meet our fan expectations there as well. It's something we want our fans to be proud of."

Jerry Jones Jr. says that the team's stadium eventually will have a name

"The name on the stadium will be as much a part of the brand as the Cowboys star and our silver and blue. We've got to meet our fan expectations there as well. It's something we want our fans to be proud of."

Mega Giant Corporation - "Jerra, will you please accept this check for $100 million to put our name all over your stadium?"

Jerra - "I'll accept it, but I'm doing this for the fans."

How about Ronald Reagan Stadium?

Why?

Because Reagan often played a pretend cowboy.

And because dips**tted conservatives seem adamant about naming something...anything...everything...after that goofy bastard.

I think Obama stadium would suit it better, mega spending for minimal returns.

How about Ronald Reagan Stadium?

Why?

Because Reagan often played a pretend cowboy.

And because dips**tted conservatives seem adamant about naming something...anything...everything...after that goofy bastard.

I think Obama stadium would suit it better, mega spending for minimal returns.

Who says the returns are minimal?

After all, doesn't a pizza cost $100 bucks at Cowboy stadium? And paying ten times more than something is worth practically screams Reagan.

Besides, my sources tell me the name Obama Field is being held for the endlessly debated but never-to-be-constructed Bengal practice facility.

• 9 years later...