I want to see Andre activated vs Clev

walzav29

The weird thing?

It's going to be like having an additional top 10 pick next year when he is able to go 100%.

I guess that is about the only positive way to look at it.

The same logic can be applied to Jerome Simpson when he finally is ready.

The weird thing?

It's going to be like having an additional top 10 pick next year when he is able to go 100%.

Is it just me, or does it seem like for one reason on another, we say that every year?

I know many people said it this year with Rivers because of injury.

I remember people saying it with 2-carry Perry.

I remember people saying it a few year ago because of the David Pollack holdout.

I'm not sure I have reason to believe that the 1st round pick is next year will make much of an impact. It's the 2nd round pick that always is the Bengals most important pick.

The weird thing?

Is it just me, or does it seem like for one reason on another, we say that every year?

I know many people said it this year with Rivers because of injury.

I remember people saying it with 2-carry Perry.

I remember people saying it a few year ago because of the David Pollack holdout.

I'm not sure I have reason to believe that the 1st round pick is next year will make much of an impact. It's the 2nd round pick that always is the Bengals most important pick.

Save 2004, of course. :D

Can anybody ever remember a time where the Bengals were so set at tackle? There are four tackles on the roster that I would be comfortable starting for us.

It's hard for me to remember a time when both the offensive and defensive lines were playing so well in the same season. It goes back to the Superbowl years of the '80's!

Can anybody ever remember a time where the Bengals were so set at tackle? There are four tackles on the roster that I would be comfortable starting for us.

It's hard for me to remember a time when both the offensive and defensive lines were playing so well in the same season. It goes back to the Superbowl years of the '80's!

(bows for moment of silence)

I'm a little scared of this 3 game stretch...we should take care of business but the last time we played Cleveland and expected a blowout it didn't happen like that. I think there's automatically going to be a letdown but you just have to come out on top in the end.

I wouldn't mind seeing Andre get in on the stacked line vs. Oakland and then start him in the stretch for Cleveland and Detroit, but I agree with everyone else, why fix what ain't broken? If he ain't ready then don't force him in but if he's fully ready then he was the number 6 overall pick for a reason... :bengal:

For sure,He wasn't listed on last weeks injury report hopefully they give him his first snaps in Oakland...that we he's ready to pancake people in a meaningful game...We got little dre now we need big dre ^_^

I wouldn't mind seeing Andre get in on the stacked line vs. Oakland and then start him in the stretch for Cleveland and Detroit, but I agree with everyone else, why fix what ain't broken? If he ain't ready then don't force him in but if he's fully ready then he was the number 6 overall pick for a reason

It's not broken but why drive a a Volvo when you have a viper in the garage? Andre is supposed to be the best tackle on the roster so why not start getting his feet wet in jumbo package next week or 2 and then after that if they think he's the best option start him and if it gets ugly for series or two yank him... Yes these are trap games but all very winnable that I don't see it costing us to get Andre some experience "shrug"

I'm just hoping, at least in one or two of these upcoming games, we can get ahead by 2-3 scores and - because you know we're going to run the ball all 4th quarter if we're up - get him in there and see what he can do when nothing's really on the line but the need for some road-grading. Not sure I want him protecting Palmer immediately.

For sure,He wasn't listed on last weeks injury report hopefully they give him his first snaps in Oakland...that we he's ready to pancake people in a meaningful game...We got little dre now we need big dre ^_^

I wouldn't mind seeing Andre get in on the stacked line vs. Oakland and then start him in the stretch for Cleveland and Detroit, but I agree with everyone else, why fix what ain't broken? If he ain't ready then don't force him in but if he's fully ready then he was the number 6 overall pick for a reason

It's not broken but why drive a a Volvo when you have a viper in the garage? Andre is supposed to be the best tackle on the roster so why not start getting his feet wet in jumbo package next week or 2 and then after that if they think he's the best option start him and if it gets ugly for series or two yank him... Yes these are trap games but all very winnable that I don't see it costing us to get Andre some experience "shrug"

You said exactly what I just said

I'm just hoping, at least in one or two of these upcoming games, we can get ahead by 2-3 scores and - because you know we're going to run the ball all 4th quarter if we're up - get him in there and see what he can do when nothing's really on the line but the need for some road-grading. Not sure I want him protecting Palmer immediately.

This scenario I'm good with. If we get out in front like with Chicago and actually pull CP to give O'Sullivan some snaps, I'd be ok with trying out the big guy, as long as he's not limping. If that report is accurate, I still say no.

The weird thing?

Yup. Simpson.

And Coffman.

And Luigs.

Frankly, as much as I'd love to see where those guys are at....I'm happier knowing this team is no longer playing rookies until they're ready to play.

The weird thing?

Yup. Simpson.

And Coffman.

And Luigs.

Frankly, as much as I'd love to see where those guys are at....I'm happier knowing this team is no longer playing rookies until they're ready to play.

Absolutely.

The team is better served by working guys in when they are ready and have earned the time, not because they must...