Ocho at it again

gregstephens

From PFT:

"Another stunt from Ochocinco

Posted by Michael David Smith on November 5, 2009 7:59 PM ET

In yet another publicity stunt for a player who has a seemingly limitless ability to get his name in the news, Bengals wide receiver Chad Ochocinco has mailed a care package to some of the defensive players he'll be facing on Sunday.

Ochocinco said today that he sent gift baskets containing deodorant to the Ravens' secondary and to linebackers Terrell Suggs and Ray Lewis.

"I not only sent them gift baskets, but I sent them something they could use so they don't sweat," Ochocinco said on 105.7 FM, via the Baltimore Sun.

The "gift" is reminiscent of the time in 2004 when Ochocinco (then named Chad Johnson) sent a bottle of Pepto Bismol to the Cleveland Browns' secondary. That didn't work out very well; as he caught just three passes in the ensuing game, a 34-17 loss to the Browns.

A three-catch effort from Ochocinco on Sunday would be a major disappointment: He's having a big year, leading the Bengals with 39 catches for 573 yards and five touchdowns. In the Bengals' Week 5 win over the Ravens, Ochocinco caught seven passes for 94 yards."

I have noooooo comment at this time.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is stupid. Why does he do that s**t? Like they need any extra motivation. Do that s**t after the game if you have to do it. He's such a tool.

I doubt it's giving them any extra motivation for several reasons...

-Chad is friends with several of their key players and know it's chad just being Chad

-I Can't see ravens needing any more motivation in this game if they want to go to the playoffs...They can't afford to be sweeped by the bengals

-Hell Maybe chad is trying bate them for few extra flags ;)

Chad could take a nice steamy dump on the head of Ray's mom and it wouldn't make a difference. The Bengals win this one. No amount of peacock strutting and dancing and follow me to the promised land, I'm a leader and warrior bulls**t will change that.

The team I'm still nervous about most in this division is the Steelers.

You guys read too much into these sort of things. It was a joke, and I'll bet anything when Ray Lewis saw it, HE LAUGHED. This is not the Browns. The Browns were crap, and it gave them some motivation to actually play a game. The Ravens are a good team, and will play their game regardless of what Chad does. They want to make the playoffs, so they were going to play anyways. I doubt they'll try to be more physical with Chad. i dont think they want to get fined, and penalized like RayRay did.

You guys read too much into these sort of things. It was a joke, and I'll bet anything when Ray Lewis saw it, HE LAUGHED. This is not the Browns. The Browns were crap, and it gave them some motivation to actually play a game. The Ravens are a good team, and will play their game regardless of what Chad does. They want to make the playoffs, so they were going to play anyways. I doubt they'll try to be more physical with Chad. i dont think they want to get fined, and penalized like RayRay did.

I quite agree with you. This means nothing to the players. It matters not one bit and the Ravens desperately wanted to put the record straight after being cheated out of a win by the Pats the week before us. We handled them, on their turf. The Bengals want the win too. Feelings mean jack s**t, talent and execution overcome feelings.

This is just something for the talking heads to flap their gums about. He fills space for them so it's a win win. The game is a separate issue.

You guys are on crack if you don't think that matters. It's a matter of professional pride. You don't think Ray will be reminding his defense what Chad sent to them during the game? No matter how motivated you are, you can always get more motivated. Ray himself was quoted this week of saying it was a fluke that Ced got 100 yards on them. So he was probably thinking the same things the idiot Ravens fans are: same old Bengals. Well certainly not now.

You guys are on crack if you don't think that matters. It's a matter of professional pride. You don't think Ray will be reminding his defense what Chad sent to them during the game? No matter how motivated you are, you can always get more motivated. Ray himself was quoted this week of saying it was a fluke that Ced got 100 yards on them. So he was probably thinking the same things the idiot Ravens fans are: same old Bengals. Well certainly not now.

Let them get as motivated as they want. Carson and our receivers are just better than their secondary. Please please please load the box Ravens. In fact, I'm not asking you to, I'm daring you to. Double daring you.

Let them get as motivated as they want. Carson and our receivers are just better than their secondary. Please please please load the box Ravens. In fact, I'm not asking you to, I'm daring you to. Double daring you.

The Bengals are truly an offensive double edged sword with the emergence of Cedric Benson as a premiere RB in the NFL. Load up on one side, you'll get cut with the other. :bengal:

I agree with Pidge. Ravens can't stop us. BTW did anyone notice that next weeks game against the Steelers has them 8 point favorites. Once the Ravens bite the dust the point spread will close fast. Get your bets in early.

Alright, I hate to say this. Every time the fanbase feels this way about a game, the Bengals tank, 'old Bengals' or 'new Bengals'. I hope I'm the wrongest guy on the planet. Ravens 27-13.

Ray is an idiot.

They got outplayed.

Ray's D gave up more than 140 the next week to the Vikings...

not much of a fluke, two weeks in a row.

It is clear how they can do it, and they will again.

Pride matters litte when you are on your back.

Bengals 41-13.

I agree with Pidge. Ravens can't stop us. BTW did anyone notice that next weeks game against the Steelers has them 8 point favorites. Once the Ravens bite the dust the point spread will close fast. Get your bets in early.

Alright, I hate to say this. Every time the fanbase feels this way about a game, the Bengals tank, 'old Bengals' or 'new Bengals'. I hope I'm the wrongest guy on the planet. Ravens 27-13.

Buzzkiller! ^_^

Buzzkiller! ^_^

Keep in mind, the team does tend to do better when I go 'buzzkill'. ;)

Buzzkiller! ^_^

Keep in mind, the team does tend to do better when I go 'buzzkill'. ;)

Whatever works. Seeing as I started the game thread in the Bengals win versus the Bears game, I intend to do again tomorrow. B)

I agree with Pidge. Ravens can't stop us. BTW did anyone notice that next weeks game against the Steelers has them 8 point favorites.

I did not. That's because I only look at the immediate game ahead. I hope the team does the same.

Sure this can be true, but last week was really the first time we have seen this offense all year. If they dont shoot themselves in the foot all the time, then i agree they will be ok. They can not afford to make the stupid mistakes. So i guess it depends on which offense shows up, alot of people on here think this game wont even be close, i still think its going to be a tough game to win. As long as the offense looks like they did against the Bears, or the defense still plays mad, then it might not be close, but i have to think the Ravens will give it there all and they are still a good team.

Sure this can be true, but last week was really the first time we have seen this offense all year. If they dont shoot themselves in the foot all the time, then i agree they will be ok. They can not afford to make the stupid mistakes. So i guess it depends on which offense shows up, alot of people on here think this game wont even be close, i still think its going to be a tough game to win. As long as the offense looks like they did against the Bears, or the defense still plays mad, then it might not be close, but i have to think the Ravens will give it there all and they are still a good team.

Oh for sure it'll be tough. However, our D contained their much vaunted offense too last time out. I'd be happy with our O performing somewhere in between the first 6 games and the Chicago game and our D continuing to perform well. That will give us a good chance to win. I, too, think it will be close but talent wise, we match up with the Ravens and for the first time in a long time the coaching and attitude of the players also matches up well. In fact, in the pressure moments, the Bengals have nutted up and the Ravens have gone a bit limp-wristed, so far this season.

Plus, their secondary really is f**king terrible. They'll be well rested though. Facing Orton must have been like a bye week for them.

This is just another case of Chad being Chad

And by that, of course, I mean throwing his entire team under the bus for the sake of a little extra media attention for him personally

Chad is the very worst player on the team when it comes to being part of the team, ie making the whole better rather than simply contributing his individual share.

I am surprised that the rest of the offense, and the wide receivers in particular, aren't handing him his gold-crusted teeth as he picks himself off the locker room floor. And as he staggers to his feet, Lippincott hands him a memo noting that the team is fining him the maximum amount allowed for conduct detrimental to the team.

I cant wait to see this clown gone.

At this point, I really don't care if he goes every week for 300 yards and 5 TDs a game. He damages the team's chances for victory with ABSOLUTELY STUPID AND UNNECESSARY bulls**t antics like this.

Next time you feel like spending an hour working a stupid selfish attention-getting prank, go practice blocking for that hour instead. Make yourself useful, you f*ckin media whore

Chad could take a nice steamy dump on the head of Ray's mom and it wouldn't make a difference. The Bengals win this one. No amount of peacock strutting and dancing and follow me to the promised land, I'm a leader and warrior bulls**t will change that.

I agree that the Steelers is a big game but this is a biggie to, and it would be really nice to blow these guys out

I agree that the Steelers is a big game but this is a biggie to, and it would be really nice to blow these guys out

Yep. In fact, the importance of the Steeler game depends a lot on the outcome of today's game.

If the Bengals win today, they virtually eliminate the Ravens who drop to 4-4 compared to the Bengals 6-2... while holding the tiebreaker. At that point, even if the Steelers win the division, the Bengals are still likely a wild card team.

However, if the Bengals lose today, they drop to 5-3... tied with the Ravens... and potentially in 2nd place in the division (if the Steelers win). At that point, the Steelers game becomes vital, because the playoff hopes diminish considerably if the Bengals fall to 5-4.

The Bengals have a shot to all but eliminate a division foe from contention and greatly increase the likelihood of a playoff spot. From where I'm standing, today's game is the most important of the season.

If they lose... then next week is the most important. So, how about a win today, and head to Pittsburgh relaxed and confident?

The dude is an idiot, a good player (when focused and he actually cathes the ball - even over the middle), but he is a selfish person - anyone who cant see that, well, I doubt I can argue with them because there is no true discussion with ungrounded, unethical and selfish individuals... Go Bengals!