Ravens Game Blacked Out Locally....NOT

ShulaSteakhouse

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NFL hasn't announced it yet, but it's all but a formality at this point.

Apparently fans don't believe in this team yet.

Surprised more people took a chance to go to the Houston game vs this one, which has more at stake.

Two things. One, the NFL hasn't announced anything because the Bengals got a 24 hour deadline and we are down to 3000 tix left.

Two, I'm not sure your statement about the Houston game is accurate. Remember there were tix that Verizon-AT@T-Fredo, whoever, bought up and gave out for free. Was how that game got on tv.

Surprised more people took a chance to go to the Houston game vs this one, which has more at stake.

Two things. One, the NFL hasn't announced anything because the Bengals got a 24 hour deadline and we are down to 3000 tix left.

Two, I'm not sure your statement about the Houston game is accurate. Remember there were tix that Verizon-AT@T-Fredo, whoever, bought up and gave out for free. Was how that game got on tv.

I said the NFL hasn't announced it yet.

I did forget about the give-a-way - just know quite a few people who bought tickets to that game before they did that, and came home disappointed.

Any ways, hope they extend it, but my point remains - it's not sold out so the fans don't seem to believe in them quite yet.

I said the NFL hasn't announced it yet.

I did forget about the give-a-way - just know quite a few people who bought tickets to that game before they did that, and came home disappointed.

Any ways, hope they extend it, but my point remains - it's not sold out so the fans don't seem to believe in them quite yet.

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-get-24-hour-blackout-extension/9d9d5347-9241-434a-a29f-1da871a12ea2

The NFL today extended by 24 hours the deadline by which a sellout must be reached to permit local television coverage of Sunday’s 1 p.m. Bengals game vs. Baltimore at Paul Brown Stadium.

Games normally must be sold out 72 hours prior to kickoff for lifting of the local TV blackout, but the deadline for this week has been shortened to 48 hours, giving the club until 1 p.m. tomorrow (Friday).

“We still have approximately 3000 tickets to sell, so it’s by no means assured we can avert a blackout,” said Andrew Brown, Bengals ticket sales manager. “But we are pleased to have the chance for some great closing sales to keep our sellout streak alive.”

The Bengals have sold out their last 48 consecutive regular-season and postseason games, breaking a franchise-record streak of 43 that was set at Riverfront Stadium between 1988 and 1992.

If the game is sold out by 1 p.m. Friday, it will be televised live in the Bengals home market on CBS affiliates WKRC-TV (Channel 12) in Cincinnati, WHIO-TV (Channel 7) in Dayton and WKYT-TV (Channel 27) in Lexington, Ky.

To purchase tickets for Baltimore, fans may call the Bengals Ticket Hotline at 866-621-TDTD (8383) or click here to order online. The Hotline will be open every day this week from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m.

Believe in them? What does that even mean?

The team is currently 5-2 and perfectly positioned for a run at the playoffs so any fan still waiting for a reason to show interest either doesn't know good football when he sees it OR isn't really much of a Bengal fan.

Your title for this thread as of right now is not accurate. If they do end up getting bailed out tomorrow then you'll really look foolish. Why not title it "Support still not there" or something? Some of us don't care how popular the team is. We just want to arrange our TV watching schedule

Believe in them? What does that even mean?

The team is currently 5-2 and perfectly positioned for a run at the playoffs so any fan still waiting for a reason to show interest either doesn't know good football when he sees it OR isn't really much of a Bengal fan.

Exactly. Plus, 3000 tickets not sold means about 95% have. Cue the talk of relocating. Arf.

There's a difference between showing interest and believing. After 20 years of getting the knife stuck in our back, I'll forgive fans for daring not yet hope. Me, I'm a lifelong Bengals and U. Kentucky fan, so I'm immune to such pain now.

It seems like an out of sight-out of mind issue paired with the economy. I have lots family in the area and they describe how tough it is right now, as it is across the country.

SoP is a dolt if he does not buy out the tickets. TIme to use that "bizness" sense Mikey and promote the team, show some "charity", in the spirit of the upcoming season of giving. SoP is a "taker". and you know what they say, you're only gay if you take it.

OK so there's 3,000 tickets left which seems to be our magic number for each game this season. The NFL granted us an extension to sell them by 1pm today or else the game will be blacked out.

Why is it we can sell out games when we have no shot at the playoffs but when the team is playing this good the games don't sell out? Is it the economy? Is it a large amount of fans from past seasons jsut don't have faith or trust in this team?

Also, I have Sunday ticket. If the game is blacked out in the local market will it be blacked out on the Sunday Ticket?

DANIMAL

I'm asking this in all seriousness, not starting trouble: How do you not sell out an NFL stadium? Ravens tickets are usually sold out in minutes after they go on sale. The entire town seems to be Raven crazy, with purple everywhere on the weekends. Cincinnati and Baltimore have similar metro populations at around 2.5M. I wasn't under the impression that Cincinnati was worst off than other cities (e.g. detroit).

There are a large number of bandwagon fans. But there is a strong core. In 2008, during the preseason, the general consensus around here was somewhere between 2 and 4 wins, yet every game sold out almost immediately.

What's going on?

We lost a lot of season ticket holders after last year's debacle. As for this year, I really can't see. For myself, I don't have the money to be going to the games but it seems quit a few people here would rather watch on their HDTV at home. They neglect to realize, though, that unless the game sells out they can't do that.

I'm asking this in all seriousness, not starting trouble: How do you not sell out an NFL stadium? Ravens tickets are usually sold out in minutes after they go on sale. The entire town seems to be Raven crazy, with purple everywhere on the weekends. Cincinnati and Baltimore have similar metro populations at around 2.5M. I wasn't under the impression that Cincinnati was worst off than other cities (e.g. detroit).

There are a large number of bandwagon fans. But there is a strong core. In 2008, during the preseason, the general consensus around here was somewhere between 2 and 4 wins, yet every game sold out almost immediately.

What's going on?

Still searching for something to feel superior about, since on-field, not so much?

They season ticket base this year is around 60,000 for a 65,000 seat stadium. Maybe a tad less than that. So they have some tix to sell for each game. And, like it or not, it IS expensive to go to games, and the economy has been an issue in Cincy. That said, they will be sold out for Sunday's kick, and the game will be loud. Whether it is sold out in time to put it on TV is the question. But for stadium atmosphere, it will be electric.

Bengals also have 48 sellouts in a row working, and that includes what was an awful 2008 season.

There is another dynamic that no one is thinking about on this Ravens game that I'm sure as crap thinking about. For the Texans game, we were not sold out. My brother and I went ahead and bought four tix at 62 bones per (128 and charges for each of us). That was three days before deadline. Then they buy out the remaining almost 2000 tix and give them away for free the day before the game.

I suspect some folks, not I since I can't go anyway, are playing 'chicken' on this. Why pay the bucks if the team is going to snatch them up and give them out for free anyway? Lot of people might be taking their chances they can get more freebies.

In that regard, Texan game set a dangerous precedent.

OK so there's 3,000 tickets left which seems to be our magic number for each game this season. The NFL granted us an extension to sell them by 1pm today or else the game will be blacked out.

Why is it we can sell out games when we have no shot at the playoffs but when the team is playing this good the games don't sell out? Is it the economy? Is it a large amount of fans from past seasons jsut don't have faith or trust in this team?

Also, I have Sunday ticket. If the game is blacked out in the local market will it be blacked out on the Sunday Ticket?

DANIMAL

It's actually pretty simple..

1. The fairweather fans are starting to show. The Orange and Black that once lit up the city ('05-'06) has fizzled out.

2. We're in the middle of a recession, I can't justify spending $140 for me and a date to go watch the Bengals from the nosebleed section.

We lost a lot of season ticket holders after last year's debacle. As for this year, I really can't see. For myself, I don't have the money to be going to the games but it seems quit a few people here would rather watch on their HDTV at home. They neglect to realize, though, that unless the game sells out they can't do that.

Sure we can... It's all about the setup Ron. I'll be watching Sunday no matter what on my HDTV ;)

Unless they give some out for free Greg!

Is Agreen saying he lives beyond the 75 mile radius of the stadium?

or

Is he saying that he has the game feed via a means that does not comply with the nfl blackout regulations?

I live 15 miles from Cincy.

I'm pretty confident the game will sell and it will be broadcasted locally.. But just in case, I have a backup plan.

Does justin.tv work for you guys?

or

Is he saying that he has the game feed via a means that does not comply with the nfl blackout regulations?

I'm pretty confident the game will sell and it will be broadcasted locally.. But just in case, I have a backup plan.

I'll watch it on that if necessary, but it looks like s**t on my monitor and I'm sure it looks ten times as bad on an HDTV. I'll watch one way or the other, too, but my original point still stands.

or

I'll watch it on that if necessary, but it looks like s**t on my monitor and I'm sure it looks ten times as bad on an HDTV. I'll watch one way or the other, too, but my original point still stands.

Not really.. PS3 will stream it over the internet in HD!

I heard a rumor that WKRC was buying out the tix to give to their employees and the employees families... Makes sense. They would lose a ton in advertisement if the games was blacked out... Right? Tune in around 3pm for an announcement.

or

PS3 will stream it over the internet in HD!

I heard a rumor that WKRC was buying out the tix to give to their employees and the employees families... Makes sense. They would lose a ton in advertisement if the games was blacked out... Right? Tune in around 3pm for an announcement.

The Justin TV stream isnt in HD. So the PS3 will stream the source. It doesnt make a grainy stream beautiful.

or

PS3 will stream it over the internet in HD!

The Justin TV stream isnt in HD. So the PS3 will stream the source. It doesnt make a grainy stream beautiful.

True.

I asked if you guys used justin.tv??

I stream HD ;)