Sweet Picture of Michael Johnson

Kazkal

Soon? Will November 8th be soon enough? I'm calling 1 and if it's sunny out 2 :sure:

Great picture though. Only needs another 15 lbs of muscle to realize his full potential. By year 3 we'll have Freeney :bengal:

I only hope he won't lose his speed if he puts on more muscle (see Geathers)...Plus it's not like the guy isn't already ripped...slideshow_966801_johnson02.jpg

Soon? Will November 8th be soon enough? I'm calling 1 and if it's sunny out 2 :sure:

Great picture though. Only needs another 15 lbs of muscle to realize his full potential. By year 3 we'll have Freeney :bengal:

I only hope he won't lose his speed if he puts on more muscle (see Geathers)...Plus it's not like the guy isn't already ripped...slideshow_966801_johnson02.jpg

Damn. Did I say a Freeney? I meant a Peppers ^_^

Damn. Did I say a Freeney? I meant a Peppers ^_^

Ya not quite like Freeney but Faster then Peppers...I think Freeneys Shortness (6'1) helps him though with his speed & techique it's too hard to get your hands on him...but at the same time why he blows vs the run hehe.

Freeney is a one trick pony. Albeit an impressive trick... but when the coaching staff allows you to pin your ears back and go for the QB in every situation, it helps the stat line. It also helps that he has Bob Sanders behind him to make up for all the running plays that he over pursues.

I'm trying to stay grounded on MJ. He never really put it together in college to become a complete player... so I'm trying to remember that he'll likely be a situational pass-rusher... or perhaps a tweener. But when watching him play, it's hard to not get excited about his seemingly limitless potential. Best draft ever.

Wow, what a great picture.....of Frostee Rucker sacking the QB.

And as rare an event that it is, it should be memorialized. If you find one other such picture, you'll have the entire Frostee Rucker Sack Collection.

Man, you really love that guy dontcha? I know he's from your backyard and all, but still.

But the point is well taken, isn't it? The two Frostee memorials would be two more than MJ has. Yet, there is a page here memorializing yet another time he almost made a play after someone else did.

Wow, what a great picture.....of Frostee Rucker sacking the QB.

And as rare an event that it is, it should be memorialized. If you find one other such picture, you'll have the entire Frostee Rucker Sack Collection.

Man, you really love that guy dontcha? I know he's from your backyard and all, but still.

But the point is well taken, isn't it? The two Frostee memorials would be two more than MJ has. Yet, there is a page here memorializing yet another time he almost made a play after someone else did.

And if it takes 4 seasons for Johnson to record his 2nd sack, the comparison will be reasonable.

I'll fully grant that Johnson is still being recognized based on his sizeable potential, not his accomplishments. The interest in the picture is recognition of his athletic ability - his *talent* - not his body of work. I'm reminded of Odell's play in preseason where he hurdled the entire line to make a play before he'd ever played a real game.

Basically, it's just a cool picture. But to be sure, with Odom out, it better turn into some plays.

Well Frostee has been in the nfl for 4 years & only has 2 sacks so :P not really fair comparing to a rookie though MJ doesn't have a sack he he has 3 Pass deflections and very sweet stop with Leon Hall...also Plays special teams where he does a great job covering Kickoffs & He is asked to drop in coverage quite abit

Well Frostee has been in the nfl for 4 years & only has 2 sacks so :P not really fair comparing to a rookie though MJ doesn't have a sack he he has 3 Pass deflections and very sweet stop with Leon Hall...also Plays special teams where he does a great job covering Kickoffs & He is asked to drop in coverage quite abit

Ok. Not fair to judge them on a basis of their careers. How about this season? 1 sack... should have been 2 just against Chicago (how is tackling the QB behind the line not a sack?) compared to MJs lots of almosts.

I'm not trying to say anything bad about MJ. Read my earlier post about him.

I was merely agreeing that it is worth noting that there is a thread about MJ because of a picture taken while Rucker was recording a sack. Kinda funny, no?

I'm not trying to say anything bad about MJ.

I'm not either. But if I'm mocking anything, and I am, it's how quickly Bengals fans have embraced MJ when compared to the open disdain Frostee Rucker has faced from most Bengal fans since the day he was drafted.

For all of the talk about how we love our no-name defense the sad truth of the matter is Frostee Rucker just played his best game as a pro, and all he's getting in return is yet another opportunity to be mocked by the fans he's supposed to be playing for.

Indeed.

On top of that, when Rucker has played in the last several years, as infrequently as that has been, he's generally been rather eyebrow raisingly productive. Be that pre-season or in-season. He's been hurt too much, he's sometimes not fought his way off the inactive roster for individual games, but when the whistle has blown and he's been active, he's made things happen.

And that really ought to be acknowledged more than it is around here. I know he's been a weird favorite punching bag for some folks, but sometimes D-lineman take time to blossom, and the guy has some talent. We saw that some more last week.

And, despite my abject depression over losing Odom, Rucker stepping up would be the kind of unseen bolt that could lift that depression significantly. He has the size to succeed. And when he is on the field, he makes plays. That should count for something.

I'm not either. But if I'm mocking anything, and I am, it's how quickly Bengals fans have embraced MJ when compared to the open disdain Frostee Rucker has faced from most Bengal fans since the day he was drafted.

For all of the talk about how we love our no-name defense the sad truth of the matter is Frostee Rucker just played his best game as a pro, and all he's getting in return is yet another opportunity to be mocked by the fans he's supposed to be playing for.

What's caused that disdain? TBH, until about a yr ago I forgot he was with the Bengals, so sporadic had his appearances been. He's always been a plus for the team when he has played though.

Actually, pidge, that open disdain dates WAY before his on-field efforts, to about .3 seconds after he was selected in the draft. I know that may pre-date you on this board, but, trust. He's been hammered by some for a long time.

Again, some d-lineman take awhile to develop. His best football may very well be dead ahead. We should certainly hope, as there is a gaping need in Odom's absence.

Actually, pidge, that open disdain dates WAY before his on-field efforts, to about .3 seconds after he was selected. He's been hammered by some for a long time.

Again, some d-lineman take awhile to develop. His best football may very well be dead ahead. We should certainly hope, as there is a gaping need in Odom's absence.

Ah right, before my time on the board then. Absolutely, this a huge chance for him. And if he plays the way we know he can and has done in the past then Odom's loss will be greatly diminished.

Plus he was a 3rd rounder I think? The poor bastard wasn't going to be Deacon Jones right from day one.

I have no problem with frostee :P and even stated on draft thread be fine with them extending him if they do think he's the answer... He went to USC so he has to have some upside ;) ... Just needs to stay healthy :|

PS,As for my man love for MJ simply that started watching him play seeing him in drop back in coverage the fact on special teams he always seems around the ball which to me was surprising fact he's getting there same time as some of our fastest guys & Gunners

I can't remember who, but one guy in here used to relentlessly pound on Rucker for some Saturday night situation he got himself into in college. He's been a good citizen since coming here.

I was one of them. And his issues (plural) were a little more than 'some Saturday night situation,' but it's ancient history now so if any newer fans (Pidge?) aren't aware they can Google it.

The controversy hit at the worst time - 2006 draft, when the Bengals were getting hammered for their felonious ways, they needlessly draft a guy who had a very checkered past in college, including arrests and an expulsion. That pick sort of became symbolic of the systemic problems the Bengals had at that point of taking on serious character problems.

That said, he's been quiet for 4 years, so I've ceased beating on the Slowman. As you say, he's been a good citizen it would seem. And hey, we've got the 2 sacks in 4 years, so there's that too.

I can't remember who, but one guy in here used to relentlessly pound on Rucker for some Saturday night situation he got himself into in college. He's been a good citizen since coming here.

I was one of them. And his issues (plural) were a little more than 'some Saturday night situation,' but it's ancient history now so if any newer fans (Pidge?) aren't aware they can Google it.

The controversy hit at the worst time - 2006 draft, when the Bengals were getting hammered for their felonious ways, they needlessly draft a guy who had a very checkered past in college, including arrests and an expulsion. That pick sort of became symbolic of the systemic problems the Bengals had at that point of taking on serious character problems.

That said, he's been quiet for 4 years, so I've ceased beating on the Slowman. As you say, he's been a good citizen it would seem. And hey, we've got the 2 sacks in 4 years, so there's that too.

Ah right. Thanks for that. Just had a quick google. Been a fan since 2003 but thankfully missed the internet drama until a couple of yrs ago. I can see why the bad timing caused some hand-wringing at the time. Not a peep out of him since though so all is good.