Odom gone? Options....

kingwilly

It does not look good for Odom. Even a mild Achilles strain can take months to heal.

What are the options?

1. Trades: There was the recent article about us trading Collins for Kampman. Not a bad option at this point. I did not like it much when the article came out but with Odom probably done, it must be considered. Or maybe a move for Kearse. I think Kearse's tank is empty but that is just me. Another option could be Julius Peppers. Given Carolina's needs, we could package Collins and Jerome Simpson and make a case for the trade.

2. Shuffling our roster: We have Rucker, who always seems to be hurt, and Fanaene. Fanaene can rotate at DT, and played OK today. Rucker needs to show he can stay healthy. We could activate Clinton McDonald from the PS, or bring back Harrington, who I thought showed real fire in preseason.

3. FA's: We could bring back Eric Henderson. probably other on the street to look at as well.

Should Peko be lost, we can also go with some guys we know, like Orion Harris, or a FA such as Dewayne Robertson. Or even bring back John Thornton...not that I think that is a good option.

At a minimum, should either be done, there will be some roster moves, as being down to 3 DE's and 3 DT's is not enough depth.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Atm I wouldn't mind trading Collins being we still have great backup tackle....Or draft pick but we really should bring in someone because our depth has been hammered and 2 possible starters out for the season.

Michael "I should been a 1st round pick" Johnson needs to step the hell up.

Johnson play isn't roo bad IMO,The guy is being moved all over the field constant dropping in to coverage and well he may not have sack has plenty preassures & passes deflected....not bad start imo.

It does not look good for Odom. Even a mild Achilles strain can take months to heal.

What are the options?

1. Trades: There was the recent article about us trading Collins for Kampman. Not a bad option at this point. I did not like it much when the article came out but with Odom probably done, it must be considered. Or maybe a move for Kearse. I think Kearse's tank is empty but that is just me. Another option could be Julius Peppers. Given Carolina's needs, we could package Collins and Jerome Simpson and make a case for the trade.

2. Shuffling our roster: We have Rucker, who always seems to be hurt, and Fanaene. Fanaene can rotate at DT, and played OK today. Rucker needs to show he can stay healthy. We could activate Clinton McDonald from the PS, or bring back Harrington, who I thought showed real fire in preseason.

3. FA's: We could bring back Eric Henderson. probably other on the street to look at as well.

Should Peko be lost, we can also go with some guys we know, like Orion Harris, or a FA such as Dewayne Robertson. Or even bring back John Thornton...not that I think that is a good option.

At a minimum, should either be done, there will be some roster moves, as being down to 3 DE's and 3 DT's is not enough depth.

Your smoking a crack pipe if you think they will give up Peppers for Collins and a second round draft BUST

What are the options?

Your smoking a crack pipe if you think they will give up Peppers for Collins and a second round draft BUST

no, not at all. in fact, we could get very aggressive and offer picks as well.

Peppers got tagged. he is a FA. we could trade/sign Julius long term

depending, Odom could take a very long time to recover. I am not overly confident in Geathers/Fanaene/Rucker/Johnson.

I would be willing to give an r1 for Peppers. straight up.

Also, depending on salary cap, I would make a hard run to bring Richard Seymor here.

Look, the success of this team will be predicated on the defense. Everythign should be on the table to address getting the D back to full strength, or better.

This is a real chance to make a run. Nothing should be excluded.

Past history shows that the team does not like to mortgage the future for the here and now. However, your scenario is very enticing. I wonder how serious this club feels about its chances to make the playoffs this year. If they want to make a statement this would be serious step in that direction for the short term and the long haul. To squander the opportunity of a 4-2 start after three sub-par years would be short sighted on the part of the Bengals management. I wouldn't give away the ranch but if Peppers or Kampmann can be had for a reasonable price, they should make a move ASAP.

Past history shows that the team does not like to mortgage the future for the here and now. However, your scenario is very enticing. I wonder how serious this club feels about its chances to make the playoffs this year.

Even if they don't think much of their chances, at 4-2 right now and multiple cake games coming up...what would they be giving up? Right now they have circa the 25th pick. Yeah, I'd give that for Peppers.

F**K

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/18/antwan-odom-out-for-the-year/

F**k f**k f**k.

Depression sets in.

Yeah, well I had some beers. Now I'm livin' the high life! :cheers:

Past history shows that the team does not like to mortgage the future for the here and now. However, your scenario is very enticing. I wonder how serious this club feels about its chances to make the playoffs this year.

Even if they don't think much of their chances, at 4-2 right now and multiple cake games coming up...what would they be giving up? Right now they have circa the 25th pick. Yeah, I'd give that for Peppers.

I agree with your assessment. They are in a good position to make the playoffs this year.

Sometimes tomorrow never comes. I'd like to see them step up and dare to do something different this year.

F**K

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/18/antwan-odom-out-for-the-year/

F**k f**k f**k.

Depression sets in.

Yeah, well I had some beers. Now I'm livin' the high life! :cheers:

As have I, my fine Mid-western friend. After the loss, I hung the halloween decorations while imbibing on some Sierra Nevada.

The pain I felt around 1:30pm PST has subsided.

Anyone have a view on the salary cap situation? would be good to know what they have to work with.

As have I, my fine Mid-western friend. After the loss, I hung the halloween decorations while imbibing on some Sierra Nevada.

Funny, I did the same thing. The lights and spooky spiders look good.

The pain I felt around 1:30pm PST has subsided.

Anyone have a view on the salary cap situation? would be good to know what they have to work with.

Good question. I will have to poke around.

OK, as of March 10 they had $16.6 million.

/>http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2349505

They didn't make any big signings so you have to figure they have room. Especially since any bonuses guys they trade for are stuck with their original team.

"multiple cake games coming up"

This is dangerous thinking. The Bengals are in no position to take any opponent lightly. I daresay they

took the Texans too lightly.

You can't get complacent in this league, the teams are too closely matched in talent. It isn't like this team

has a reputation working in it's favor to get inside another team's head. If anything most teams probably are

feeling pretty good having them on the schedule and like their chances.

The Bengals need to feed off of this and have an "us against the world" mentality.

"multiple cake games coming up"

This is dangerous thinking. The Bengals are in no position to take any opponent lightly.

Nothing of the sort. The question is, what do the give up in the draft next April if they trade their first next year? Right now, it's a late 1st round pick. If they can get an impact player now, do it.