After game Thoughts-Texans

Kazkal

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The entire offense needs to sort it's s**t out. Sure, some individuals play well and have their moments but an ugly unit all round. The penalties seemed to fall off after another flag happy start so that's encouraging but so sloppy. You have to get rid of that mindset and the best way of doing that is getting rid of, in other words - cutting, those players whose very play is sloppy. Just get them and their subpar attitude/effort/playaway from the organisation.

A major attitude adjustment is needed for this offense.

The entire offense needs to sort it's s**t out. Sure, some individuals play well and have their moments but an ugly unit all round. The penalties seemed to fall off after another flag happy start so that's encouraging but so sloppy. You have to get rid of that mindset and the best way of doing that is getting rid of, in other words - cutting, those players whose very play is sloppy. Just get them and their subpar attitude/effort/playaway from the organisation.

A major attitude adjustment is needed for this offense.

Yup. The O p*ssed away the whole first quarter with dumb penalties. Brat's playcalling (as usual) didn't knock me out. The TE position is a wreck, if they are going to use it in the passing game we need someone who can catch the ball.

The big fear coming into this game came to pass. The Bengals played emotionless, effortless football. They weren't playing with passion, or playing to win. They were playing because they had to in order to get paid. A letdown was bound to happen, but the total lack of emotion is concerning. Then when you add all this with 2 possibley huge injuries, you cant be happy at all.

Let's face it, and I'm not giving the D a pass because they were clearly second best today and I'm sure nobody is more down about their performance than Zimmer and the players, but they came up with a turnover in that 2nd half right when needed. Even when having a shocker by their standards, they were still playing hard. Ds just get beaten sometimes. The offense did well enough to cash in that FG off the pick at the end of this first but they got nothing in the second. Absolutely nothing.

Think about this, the D has also scored two TD this season so far. The GB game would have been tied with them driving down on the ten yrds line going for a FG and a win, instead of desperate 4th down attempt to tie, without that defensive TD and the Steelers game would have been over. No heroic last second TD.

So sure, the D didn't help today but the offense hasn't been "all it can be" for one single game so far this yr. Every week the same thing is said - that has to change. So far, nothing. Same old same old.

Offense needs to stop shooting themselves in the foot all the time, offense came out flat in the second half, they have no TE that can seem to do anything, the leading rusher in the league never got a chance to do anything. Playcalling sucked!!!!!

Worst defense i have seen in awhile, i know there were injuries, but M. Shaub alomst 400 yards and 4 TDS, thats just bad! No pass rush no blitz im not sure what to make the Defense they are very inconsistant. So the defense took a step back today. I hope they fix it soon though, the way the offense is they need there Defense.

They need to win the home games, and it was just an embarresing game on both sides. Now maybe the bandwagon jumpers will all jump off again and they can just get back to winning. To much hype on this team, and im not sure they can handle it. Now lets see if they can bounce back next week after a bad lose.

No pass rush no blitz im not sure what to make the Defense they are very inconsistant. So the defense took a step back today. I hope they fix it soon though, the way the offense is they need there Defense.

They aren't inconsistent. The first horrible game they've played this yr. If the repeat it next week then sure. They've earnt the benefit of the doubt from me for the time being though. Hopefully the injury situation isn't as bad as it seems.

The offense, I'd probably throw up in their faces if I ran across them in the street. There hasn't been a single millimetre of improvement from them throughout the first 5 games. Not one iota. The same s**t, different day.

Come on D, bounce back. We need you.

...the leading rusher in the league never got a chance to do anything. Playcalling sucked!!!!!

exactly. the leading rusher in the NFL was an afterthought. Brat, you miserable bitch, understand the weapons you have.

It has been said ad nauseum that he does not make halftime adjustments. They lead at the half 17-14 and lose the second half 14-0.

Benson had 4 rushes in second half. ridiculous.

The D prevented the TE fumbles from turning into points but they were beaing asked to do too much.

I do think Zimmer did not have the plan tight enough to win. blitz timing was off a bit and Slaton got massive YAC due to the LB's playing so deep.

Ok, not the end of the world and far better than a divisional loss. Time to get health check on the injured and regorup for Chicago.

Here are my thoughts:

-Pressure became non existent when Odom and Peko were out (minus 1 play by Sims). If those injuries are long term, that's a significant hit to the Defense.

-Not sure why we couldn't run the ball . . . at all . . . today.

-People who get paid to catch a ball need to stop dropping them

-Daniel Coats has to go

-Coffman needs to put his big girl panties on and play next week

-Coles needs to drop into the #4 receiver spot

-Crocker needs to get in the tape room. Their last touchdown play reminded me of the game, cleveland I think, where crocker dropped back into the endzone and watched derek anderson stroll in. Some kind of communication breakdown when we're passing those zone coverages off.

All in all an ugly performance today. Foschi and Coats were brutal today, heart breaking. This loss is by no means disastrous and shouldn't have a long-term affect on the season (assuming we don't keep playing like we did today) but it should would have been nice to keep the 6-1 dream alive going into the bye.

Well at least we are unlikely to see an offense as potent as the texans for quite some time.

They have the best reciever in the league and one of the best pass catching tight ends. Not surprised they done so well but our inability to stop slaton was more worrying.

Our D was not great but our O never gave them a chance in the 2nd half to get a break with those 3 and outs and coats fumble.

I think I will just put it down to being a little drained emotionally but I am sure Marv and Zim can get them back in sync for next week and the Bears.

...probably the reason Carson was using the TE's

where was Scott? the guy is a playmaker and, so far, our TE's are game killers.

This is silly. Given the errors from the TE's, specifically Coates, why don't they roll in with some 5 WR sets? Chad, Coles, Caldwell, Henry and Quan. I mean, how is that defended? Also, I have heard Brat say they can't be committed to the run and go no huddle...ok, then fine. if you are going to run 4 times in a half, then GO NO HUDDLE!!!

They really need to get Scott into a game. Time to take a break from TE passes.

where was Scott? the guy is a playmaker and, so far, our TE's are game killers.

Well Scott is purely change of pace and with our Offense not able to do more then 3 n outs & our Defense getting man handled we only had 14? rushe total...The reason he didn;t feel in for leonard? probably because his blocking is lacking ....

They in the after show that Odom is likly done for the year...is this true? If so this defense is in trouble without him they no pass rush. Geathers is not that great of a pass rush, they will need somebody, not sure if MJ can play all the time. Not good at all and i hope they figure something out they need help.

what's there to say we just got our asses kicked. just a poor effort from the whole team very disappointing. offense turnovers, penalties, drops. defense missed tackles, no pressure, not aggressive at all. just bad.

coats and jp, are you f**king kidding me, coats has to go time for chase to play! carson is throwing alot to our te's. it's time to play one that can make a catch. chase was hands down the best receiving te in all of college football last year. we can not rely on our to catch wtf? this should be a no brainer the kid should be playing. i would also like to see more of scott. the kid has talent let him play. then the injuries wow. sims, geathers, i am calling you out time to step it up!

Memo from the "It could be worse" department:

With 6 minutes left in the FIRST HALF, it's Patriots 31, Titans 0.

My how the mighty have fallen.

now 38-0. 45-0 (jesus)

titans quit the season.

can we raid their roster???? Kearse? Scaife? can we send them Simpson, Collins, Coates, Jenaty, Jordan Palmer?????

The good:

The line gave Palmer time to throw all day and he took advantage most of the game.

The bad:

Sections 309, 310, and 311 were within my immediate observable area, and the fans were crap. Get off your lazy asses on a defensive third down and make some noise, dicks.

The ugly:

Tight end. Yeesh. Pass rush. Yeesh. Injuries. Yeesh.