Coats -vs- Coffman

Baghdad_bengal

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say starters don't play special teams, I said starting tight ends don't play a huge role covering punts and kickoffs.

IMO, Coffman should play over stone hands and a guy we didn't know until the last preseason. My facts are Coats leads the league in drops and Coffman is the all time recieving tight end in college football and was a Mackey Award winner!

Agreen and I are simply voicing our opinions on what this dumbass coaching staff should do and you guys are blinding agreeing with everything they do like your a Nazi or something! :lol:

Just repeating what has already be stated by the head coach. Personally I'd like to see Coffman in there too but my opinion doesn't really matter.

Not sure I get the Nazi reference though.

Apparently we were trying to get Martellus Bennett from Dallas. According to Mortenson.

Oh well. Maybe Coats will hold on to the ball this week. Hopefully things will change without changing anything. Come on Coats. We know you can get open...Just hold on to the pigskin...Please.

...Or, they let him get open because they know he can't catch the ball?

I think we'll see Coats improve. He supposedly catches the ball in practice. He's just choking, so maybe he can get over it.

Will Palmer even throw to him? From where I was sitting on Sunday, moments before Carson threw the touchdown pass to Coles, Coats was open running along the goal line right in front of Carson. Everyone in our section was yelling "don't don't", and Carson didn't throw to him, with the happy ending when he connected with Coles. Probably would have been a touchdown with Reggie Kelly.

Not a good situation at tight end, and that gospel music-yodeling mush head we signed from Indy may go down as the biggest free agent bust in Bengal history.

Not a good situation at tight end, and that gospel music-yodeling mush head we signed from Indy may go down as the biggest free agent bust in Bengal history.

I would like to nominate Tom Barndt for the award. Or maybe Gus Ferrote. But U-tech (sounds like a community college from Utah) certainly ranks up there.

I would like to nominate Tom Barndt for the award. Or maybe Gus Ferrote. But U-tech (sounds like a community college from Utah) certainly ranks up there.

Put me down for Michael Westbrook.

That and labeling the coaching staff "dumbass" while mis-using "your" in place of "you're" like he's a second grader

And yet expects to be taken seriously

Geez

I was just kiddin, as I thought the smiley face I put would indicate! Apparently, I haven't learned how to type sarcasm yet!

TJ, u got a problem with me?

Man how could I forget! His contributions to the 2002 team are legendary. We couldn't have gone 2-14 without him. :sure:

Scott Mitchell also is up there.

Westbrook probably is the biggest bust, tho.

Gus Frerotte was terrible. So was Tom Barndt. What about Vaughn Booker? And Jay Schroeder? Michael Westbrook was a terrible signing, too. Face it. Most free agents the Bengals have ever signed have sucked here. Sam Adams?? Kevin Hardy? Nate Webster?

Ugh.

That and labeling the coaching staff "dumbass" while mis-using "your" in place of "you're" like he's a second grader

And yet expects to be taken seriously

Geez

Oh yeah supa, he's an english teacher too...

Coffman should catch those balls I don't care what ya'll say. I've played the game, you give the ball to your best players. Coats shouldn't be getting any looks.

Coffman should catch those balls I don't care what ya'll say.

I know. You also dont care that he hasn't been activated to this point. You may want to look that term up, maybe it'll help you understand why he not only hasn't caught any balls, but actually CAN'T.

Then again, knowing you, it probably won't help at all. Facts just get in the way of a good mindless agreen rant.

I've played the game

Al Bundy scored 4 touchdowns in a game. Yeah, we've heard this sad line before.

you give the ball to your best players. Coats shouldn't be getting any looks.

Sadly, with the injuries to the #1 and #2 TE, the coaching staff deems Coats the best TE on the team.

So, by your own logic, Coats is getting the "looks".

Why are we still arguing about this? Nobody here has the ability to influence anything this team does. Obviously, the coaches get to see Coffman practice all week and if they feel that overall that Coats is the more complete TE then they're going to continue playing him.

All this bickering is pointless. You've all stated your opinions and everybody knows what they are. Guess what? Marvin doesn't care what you think...

For what it's worth, I think we'll start to see Coffman after the bye.