Stacy Andrews--thug

Ehhh...I'm always skeptical about these he said/she said domestic disputes. No excuse for it if he did hit her, though.

IMHO the real story here is in the link to the Philly paper:

/>http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/20091016_Report__Eagles__Stacy_Andrews_in_domestic_dispute.html

Andrews is in his first season with the Eagles after five seasons in Cincinnati. He has been splitting time at right guard with Max Jean-Gilles. The 28-year-old Andrews had off-season surgery to correct a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee, but the Eagles penciled him as a starter after signing him to a six-year, $40 million contract.

The 6-foot-7, 342-pound Andrews, though, who has had to juggle recovering from surgery and learning a new position, lost his starting spot after the opener. He played right tackle with the Bengals and was expected to replace Jon Runyan at that position, but the Eagles decided in April to move his younger brother, Shawn, over from right guard.

IIRC, everyone had a field day last season blasting the Bengals' FO for paying top five money to a "backup tackle." Well, at least that was just a one-year thing, eh? The Eagles gave a 6-year, $40 million deal to a part-time guard. :lmao:

Absolutely insane how much money crappy players can earn in this league.

And guys like Josh Cribbs and Devin Hester get hosed.

Damn straight. Just think, this is under a cap system. It's flat out immoral to think how much a Dre Bly might earn in an uncapped yr. So Dre, you're a s**tty CB who's lost his speed and has a giant schnoz - here's a hundred mill and my first born daughter.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/16/report-stacy-andrews-punched-fiancee/

We just wouldn't need the grief. I didn't like him as a player anyway.

He said he would be in a lot of doo-doo if he did that.

Cmon Stacy - Grow up. Its poopy not doo-doo.

Never considered him a bright fellow. Glad other teams have to deal with this now. Kudos for the Bnegals team keeping its nose clean this year.

Funny how the old admonition, "be careful what you wish for" keeps shining through in life. Stacey couldn't wait to get to Philly. Now that he's there, he's relegated to part-time player. Kind of like what happened to TJ, couldn't wait to get to a winning organization, then when he gets there we immediately start winning and they are mediocre.

I'm afraid of what's going to happen to the NFL if the CBA gets taken away. I'm really afraid it's going to turn into MLB.

Hoosier had some explanation for why that wouldn't happen to the NFL if the CBA expires and doesn't get replaced.

I'd love to know what that theory is. If the owners have no cap they can do what they want and only a handful of teams will be able to get all the best free agents.

Also, with the cap gone there will also be no salary floor either so regular players won't get the guaranteed $280,000 a year.

Smaller market teams like us, Jacksonville, Buffalo, and Green Bay will be handicapped when trying to sign free agents.

I just don't see it going any other way.

I'm afraid of what's going to happen to the NFL if the CBA gets taken away. I'm really afraid it's going to turn into MLB.

Hoosier had some explanation for why that wouldn't happen to the NFL if the CBA expires and doesn't get replaced.

I'd love to know what that theory is. If the owners have no cap they can do what they want and only a handful of teams will be able to get all the best free agents.

Also, with the cap gone there will also be no salary floor either so regular players won't get the guaranteed $280,000 a year.

Smaller market teams like us, Jacksonville, Buffalo, and Green Bay will be handicapped when trying to sign free agents.

I just don't see it going any other way.

Gee, thanks COB.

OK, there are several reasons to think the loss of a cap wouldn't be all that bad -- and might in fact be beneficial.

First, there are two issues here: the CBA and the owners' revenue-sharing agreement. The lack of a CBA has no impact on revenue-sharing, and in the NFL, 80%+ of total NFL revenues are shared. MLB shares a far, far smaller percentage of revenues. Right there, that helps prevent the whole Yankees/Reds scenario in football.

Second, as I mentioned here last year, the fact is that the "big market" teams in the NFL are already effectively uncapped. It's difficult to image how the lack of a cap would increase their ability to sign whomever they want.

Third, to put it simply, football isn't baseball. In baseball in makes sense to try to get the best 3-4 pitchers you can. With QBs? not so much. There's just less value to buying a bunch of high-priced players in the NFL, as Dan Snyder has amply demonstrated.

Fourth, the reality is that the NFL is up to its armpits in debt. Not every owner has been able to get as sweetheart a stadium deal as Mikey (see Jones, Jerry) while others have taken on big loans to buy teams, like Woody with the Jets. If the CBA goes away, you will see a lot of teams cut player spending to service debt.

Fifth, if the cap -- and the floor -- go away, EVERY owner will be looking to spend less and pocket more, not just Mikey. The increase in player salaries and crazy money passed out every March is due to the CBA mandating an increasing percentage of total revenues be passed along to players. The owners are dying to shovel that cash into their accounts. This is why Jerry Jones talks not about the CBA, but about redoing the revenue sharing deal. If THAT happens, then football could turn into baseball.

Gee, thanks COB.

OK, there are several reasons to think the loss of a cap wouldn't be all that bad -- and might in fact be beneficial.

First, there are two issues here: the CBA and the owners' revenue-sharing agreement. The lack of a CBA has no impact on revenue-sharing, and in the NFL, 80%+ of total NFL revenues are shared. MLB shares a far, far smaller percentage of revenues. Right there, that helps prevent the whole Yankees/Reds scenario in football.

Second, as I mentioned here last year, the fact is that the "big market" teams in the NFL are already effectively uncapped. It's difficult to image how the lack of a cap would increase their ability to sign whomever they want.

Third, to put it simply, football isn't baseball. In baseball in makes sense to try to get the best 3-4 pitchers you can. With QBs? not so much. There's just less value to buying a bunch of high-priced players in the NFL, as Dan Snyder has amply demonstrated.

Fourth, the reality is that the NFL is up to its armpits in debt. Not every owner has been able to get as sweetheart a stadium deal as Mikey (see Jones, Jerry) while others have taken on big loans to buy teams, like Woody with the Jets. If the CBA goes away, you will see a lot of teams cut player spending to service debt.

Fifth, if the cap -- and the floor -- go away, EVERY owner will be looking to spend less and pocket more, not just Mikey. The increase in player salaries and crazy money passed out every March is due to the CBA mandating an increasing percentage of total revenues be passed along to players. The owners are dying to shovel that cash into their accounts. This is why Jerry Jones talks not about the CBA, but about redoing the revenue sharing deal. If THAT happens, then football could turn into baseball.

Your welcome! Really good explanation, by the way. I'll try to remember it this time so I can explain it myself. Though my explanation will probably come out, "The Yankees and Red Sox... er, Jerry Jones... uh... revenue sharing causes the CBA to be redone in plaid."