Houston game a blackout?

fattyjay

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a feel to this thread like the Direct TV commercial with LL Cool J.

I was at the Bengals / Texans game and with the Bengals down by 7 with less than a minute Carson Palmer goes all, **cups hands around mouth**

CARSON PALMER !!!

and the Bengals win again with no time on the clock...

Man can we just win a game without having to rely on the last minute drives please lol lol. I mean they are fun but it kills me everyweek. Please let this be the game

I grasp the economy excuse, but I still don't think it's good enough. This fanbase infuriates me sometimes.

Just ordered two tickets.

Well would explain what seems be weak home field advantage,I don't know about everyone else but when I watch a non bengals game always seems twice as noisy as our games...Maybe just how stadium is built :|

I agree, just not rockin the same way others do! I never see visiting teams struggle with the noise! Extreme BOOOO to us for that! No such thing as a Jungle home advantage!

I'm going. My first trip to PBS. Anyone have advice on where to park? Also, I'm taking my wife in an attempt to turn her into a Bengal fan.

Park over in Newport, KY and take the ferry over. The parking lot is where Hooters and the Beer Cellar is in Newport. Get there early enough and you can get a parking meter space (don't have to pay the meter on Sunday) so you get free parking. If the meter spots are gone, it only costs around 5 or 10 bucks to park anyway. The ferry costs five bucks per person for a round trip ticket.

I always park there and leaving the game, we always beat the people that park in Cinci to interstate 471 by a mile. The traffic isn't nearly as bad if you get out ahead of everybody after the game.

You need to get there before noon to nab a parking space. Any later and you risk not getting a spot.

With strong sales Wednesday evening and Thursday morning, the Bengals are now holding out hope they can still sell out Sunday’s game against the Texans and lift the TV blackout. Indications are there has been enough of a surge that the club could apply for an extension and move the deadline from 1 p.m. Thursday to 1 p.m. Friday.

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Tix-update-Hope-alive/bc150055-891f-484f-8ef1-acd29df65545

Please sellout!

I don't want to come off as a jackass but I live in Columbus and won't be going. I've never been to the stadium and have no plans to ever attend a live game. I could probably afford it. Though I am a huge Bengals fan and I love the sport of football (played all through my youth as a tight end) I cannot see spending that kind of cash on Mike Brown. I don't think I have to explain my visceral hatred of the man to you guys, my fellow fans. There are a few times I'd have paid twice the asking price for a ticket to one of the games, but they are far outnumbered by the times I've been glad I didn't waste the money watching the Bengals lose 30-3 because of Mike Brown's cheap a**.

I don't want to come off as a jackass but I live in Columbus and won't be going. I've never been to the stadium and have no plans to ever attend a live game. I could probably afford it. Though I am a huge Bengals fan and I love the sport of football (played all through my youth as a tight end) I cannot see spending that kind of cash on Mike Brown. I don't think I have to explain my visceral hatred of the man to you guys, my fellow fans. There are a few times I'd have paid twice the asking price for a ticket to one of the games, but they are far outnumbered by the times I've been glad I didn't waste the money watching the Bengals lose 30-3 because of Mike Brown's cheap a**.

Things seem to be a little different now. Yeah, he's still old school, but since Marvin got here, I think a lot of things have changed. We've gotten free agents we wouldn't have gotten before. For the most part, we've drafted fairly well, especially this year. We've made better personnel decisions.

Buying tickets does put some money in Brown's pocket, but it also shows the players that we support them, and that's what this is about. This team has a chance to be better than the 2005 team and to do things it couldn't. Don't you want to be a part of that?

Things seem to be a little different now. Yeah, he's still old school, but since Marvin got here, I think a lot of things have changed. We've gotten free agents we wouldn't have gotten before. For the most part, we've drafted fairly well, especially this year. We've made better personnel decisions.

Buying tickets does put some money in Brown's pocket, but it also shows the players that we support them, and that's what this is about. This team has a chance to be better than the 2005 team and to do things it couldn't. Don't you want to be a part of that?

Respect Ron, I agree.

For the record, I do not support drunk driving.. All I said was that from a legal standpoint, they will not banish Henry or any other player for DUI. That's a personal matter that he fixed. I was upset but I was not against Henry for making that mistake. As a matter of fact, I will not drive a vehicle EVER with even a sip of alcohol.

If the game doesn't sell out I'm parking in Newport and taking the Ferry. Thanks for the advise whoever that was. I'll scalp a ticket if it doesn't sell out.

Thats fine. Just dont complain if the game doesnt sell out and isnt on tv. Mike and family arent going anywhere.

I dont care who my money goes to. But celebrating the Steeler loss at PB Stadium was well worth the price of admission.

I don't want to come off as a jackass but I live in Columbus and won't be going. I've never been to the stadium and have no plans to ever attend a live game. I could probably afford it. Though I am a huge Bengals fan and I love the sport of football (played all through my youth as a tight end) I cannot see spending that kind of cash on Mike Brown. I don't think I have to explain my visceral hatred of the man to you guys, my fellow fans.

I usually can't help but come off as a jackass. Regardless, I think it's safe to say nobody standing outside of your own livingroom or kitchen will care if you go to the game or not.

Somebody WILL fill your seat.

And even better, whoever shows up in your place will no doubt do a better job of cheering for the Bengals.

This may have been mentioned earlier but the Texans are the newest team in the league and there is no great history or rivalry between the two teams so that could be part of the reason too. I am sure that there are a lot of people that are used to having the home games on TV and really aren't interested in buying tickets because they never had to. Throw in the economy, some skeptics and prohibitive prices and you have what we have at this point. Hopefully someone will step up at the corporate level and take care of the rest of the seats.

BTW, did I hear that the Bears game is sold out?

A reader on PFT just blew my mind......

Raider Pride says:

October 15, 2009 4:49 PM

It is Cincinnati....

Perhaps they need to hire "Herb Tarlek" as Director of Sales.....

Which Reminds me.... I would have rather nailed Baily than Jennifer.

There was something about Baily that was more appealing then Jennifer's hogans

A reader on PFT just blew my mind......

Raider Pride says:

October 15, 2009 4:49 PM

It is Cincinnati....

Perhaps they need to hire "Herb Tarlek" as Director of Sales.....

Which Reminds me.... I would have rather nailed Baily than Jennifer.

There was something about Baily that was more appealing then Jennifer's hogans

I agree. Baily was way hotter...

According to Ocho Cinco - He will buy the remaining of the tickets to lift the black out for Sundays game... Via UStream.

If that's true, it's a real big step in lessening my hatred for the man. But my guess is that it's just more bulls**t.

I'm not sure I want to see him bail the fans out like that. Get off your butts and fill the stadium, people!

According to Ocho Cinco - He will buy the remaining of the tickets to lift the black out for Sundays game... Via UStream.

If that's true, it's a real big step in lessening my hatred for the man. But my guess is that it's just more bulls**t.

If he does that and spends a cool 100,000 just to make sure the game gets on tv...well he is legit then. That would be unprecedented. It would mean he is dedicated to the team and city and a contract extension should be discussed.

I dont see it happening but am very impressed at this years Chad. Just hope he stays on the medications or away from whatever was making him act the way he did last year.

I'm not sure I want to see him bail the fans out like that. Get off your butts and fill the stadium, people!

I am sure he will donate them to some charity or something and the seats will be full. Good man, Chad.