I don't like being 26th against the pass

walzav29

The problem they are having is they are giving up way to many big passes for 20 or more yards. The only thing that will stop that is pressure, and they have not been getting consistant pressure on the QB. Zimmer went into the non blitz mode, and pisses me off he needs to blitz and blitz some more. The CBs are only as good as the pass rush.

I think the run defense needs to improve also, there were so many holes last week in the defense Harrison was running all over place, i was just thanking God that they maned up and stoped him in overtime. Guys can say its the offense fault, but the first game the offense sucked, but the defense did a great job, the Ravens always played good when there offense sucked. I just dont think the defense is all there yet, they have moved backwards instead of improving from week to week and i hope that soon stops. Please Zimmer stop play so conservative and blitz more.

The problem they are having is they are giving up way to many big passes for 20 or more yards. The only thing that will stop that is pressure, and they have not been getting consistant pressure on the QB. Zimmer went into the non blitz mode, and pisses me off he needs to blitz and blitz some more. The CBs are only as good as the pass rush.

I think the run defense needs to improve also, there were so many holes last week in the defense Harrison was running all over place, i was just thanking God that they maned up and stoped him in overtime. Guys can say its the offense fault, but the first game the offense sucked, but the defense did a great job, the Ravens always played good when there offense sucked. I just dont think the defense is all there yet, they have moved backwards instead of improving from week to week and i hope that soon stops. Please Zimmer stop play so conservative and blitz more.

I agree, sure...there is no doubt that our offense has sucked, but the record setting Ravens D years back won the Super Bowl with the worst offense ever created!

Agreed on needing more pressure,we lack speed at DE position we only have MJ outside that we have 4 DE's who weigh 280-300 lbs...

The worst part is i have not seen MJ make the plays i would like him too. I was hoping he would have had a bunch of sacks by now but that is not the case yet lol. So i hope he soon shows up, and get some nice pressure off the edge. The pass rush up the middle sucked last week, so i hope Tank gets back to help that, but i have not seen as much from Peko like i would like to see. Im not saying the defense is horrible, but they need some work also, and i think it starts with Zimmer and works its way down. They need to get Rey more involved also he only had 1 tackle last week, i know hes hurt, but blitz him a bunch in the game. I have watched every game from week to week over again, and the first week this defense was awsome, they were getting pressure like crazy breaking up passes, stoping the run. The second week was also pretty good gave up maybe a couple big pass plays but nothing crazy and held the GB run attack. The last two weeks have been bad, they couldnt get off blocks, not in the gap, and were giving up big plays. Im just thankful that they tightned up when they had to, otherwise the record would be different.

So they need to figure things out this week, otherwise it might not be good, and i know its just stats but we went from being 12th to being 17th over 2 weeks, Zimmer is playing a more bend dont break, but if it starts breaking there will be alot of points put on the board. So blitz more Zimmer dont sit back and wait... ATTACK!

In fact, without that weird play, they are 17th against the pass, allowing 220.5 yards a game. Not top 10, but not feel-bad-about-your-team 26th either.

Gotta look a little deeper at the stats sometimes...

The stat I like, and the most important one, is that the D is 10th in points allowed. This is why we're 3-1. Hopefully we keep up that top 10 spot and our offense should be able to find their own dicks soon enough. Maybe we even win by a full two scores one of these days.

The stat I like, and the most important one, is that the D is 10th in points allowed. This is why we're 3-1. Hopefully we keep up that top 10 spot and our offense should be able to find their own dicks soon enough. Maybe we even win by a full two scores one of these days.

I too like that stat, but lets hope the defense dosnt start to break, and give up alot of points. I think the talent is there to have a top 10 defense or close to it, but they have to start playing like one, and i think zimmer needs to start to play more aggresive. If they keep them out of the endzone all year then i am happy with that also.

I do wish they improve in the secondary, because if it weren't for 3 4th down conversions the record could be the other way, but it's not all there fault having to cover for so long, there are just too many big plays being given up...Since JSimpson can't get on the field as a WR, make him a project and switch him to CB...

I do wish they improve in the secondary, because if it weren't for 3 4th down conversions the record could be the other way, but it's not all there fault having to cover for so long

Improve the secondary!?! How about improving the goddam pass rush! I don't care who they are, defensive backs can't cover all day long, which is about the amount of time Derek Anderson was allowed in the pocket last Sunday.

The worst part is i have not seen MJ make the plays i would like him too. I was hoping he would have had a bunch of sacks by now but that is not the case yet

Well he doesn't have sacks or been shredding tackles he's still done some nice things Preassures,Tips his play on special teams and my favorite is watching him and his huge frame drop in coverage...Think Marvin finilly has his Hybrid DE/LB he has been wanting.

That's the defensive stat I like,Yards is bit overrated at times because we'll you may give up a 50 yard pass play on a drive...Team still may hold them to Zero,Turn the ball over or hold them to 3....More so when our defense is on the field so dang much because of all the 3 n outs.

Indeed Kazkal. Sure yards are a reasonable indicator but points win and lose you games, not yards.

More so when our defense is on the field so dang much because of all the 3 n outs.

Very good point and is what is actually happening. We're 17th in total yards given up and yet only 10th i n points allowed. The D is on the field a lot. However, when a stop has been needed so far this yr the D has usually come through.

The D's job is to give our offense a chance to win the game. They are 4/4 in that respect.

I do wish they improve in the secondary, because if it weren't for 3 4th down conversions the record could be the other way, but it's not all there fault having to cover for so long

Improve the secondary!?! How about improving the goddam pass rush! I don't care who they are, defensive backs can't cover all day long, which is about the amount of time Derek Anderson was allowed in the pocket last Sunday.

I agree with you about having to cover for so long, but they can play a little closer to the line of scrimmage, and not give up 5-6 yards on a short throw b/c they are playing 10 yards off...

I agree with you about having to cover for so long, but they can play a little closer to the line of scrimmage, and not give up 5-6 yards on a short throw b/c they are playing 10 yards off...

i stated this yesterday in the leon hall thread. the cb's have been giving a cushion that allows quick three steps and hit the slant for six yards. 3rd down conversion after third down conversion against the steelers and browns were completed this way. i have read a bunch of you saying its the big play, but i'm more concerned with the consistent 6 or 7 yards the db's give up. also billy the pass rush can not get there if the ball is out in 2 seconds. anderson didn't need "all day long" the ball was out in literally 2 seconds.

If you watch the Broncos game they were pressing the WR, something we havent seen much of then in the last couple games they have been giving them cushion for reasons unknown. I wish they would be more like that Broncos game aggresive and attack, instead of waiting for plays to happen and then tackle, and last game they were missing some tackles, and thats one thing they must do is tackle. I hated those days when Bres. was the coach and they were missing tackles left and right, cant do that anymore.

Are there things to improve on defense ?? Sure there are and I doubt you will find anyone that says, no there aren't.

That being said, if this defense continues to hold teams to FG's instead of TD's when they get into the redzone, we will always find ourselves in a position to win games. So while I'm unhappy with cetain things, I find myself VERY happy with things more important...