Andre this week?

jonahdsage

Coming into cleveland think we'll see any jumbo packages with andre in as a second right tackle/tight end? Would love to see a 200 yard game out of cedric this week. I don't want to look past cleveland at all and think this could be a trap game. With all the points their defense is allowing, though, I think this could be a good spot to get andre some playing time. Thoughts?

Coming into cleveland think we'll see any jumbo packages with andre in as a second right tackle/tight end? Would love to see a 200 yard game out of cedric this week. I don't want to look past cleveland at all and think this could be a trap game. With all the points their defense is allowing, though, I think this could be a good spot to get andre some playing time. Thoughts?

Thoughts? Regardless if Smith see the field, if Benson racks up 100+ yards, the Bengals WILL win. If he goes over 200, we're talking blowout here.

I thought you meant Andre Caldwell, and I was like "Why the hell do we want Caldwell playing RT or TE." Silly me.

That being said, I am only okay with Andre playing RT it if J.T. O'Sullivan is playing quarterback, which would probably mean Benson has a 200+ game. But how about we just focus on taking the lead in the first quarter and not playing from behind on the last drives of the game? Get the W.

I thought you meant Andre Caldwell, and I was like "whay the hell do we want Caldwell playing RT or TE." Silly me.

The way the kid is going, I say f**k it, put him at RT anyway. He'll pancake the DEs all day. ^_^

Andre Caldwell for backup QB campaign starts here. More Florida WRs could follow his example of not sucking in the NFL. Harvin seems to be taking heed anyway. Hang your head in shame Chad Jackson.

Regarding the fat, unprofessional Andre, I guess so. If he's in good enough shape. If not then best to wait for a couple more weeks to put him out there. We don't want him straining a moob or something.

The way the Oline is starting to play together, I don't know if you mess with that, if there is a blowout, and if he is ready then why not, but I haven't seen anything to say he is ready, but I would aim for after the bye, still have to play Baltimore and Chicago...

The way the Oline is starting to play together, I don't know if you mess with that, if there is a blowout, and if he is ready then why not, but I haven't seen anything to say he is ready, but I would aim for after the bye, still have to play Baltimore and Chicago...

I was thinking the same thing last night. I feel like our line is playing well right now and I wonder how putting a rookie in when he may not be fully ready would impact things.

The idea that Andre Smith will never be an improvement, or we'd be better if he never played, is ridiculous and needs not be responded to more than this.

I still wouldn't mind having a healthy lead and seeing some time with Luigs and Andre on the line with kooistra and. . . those other linemen . . .

This has been discussed at great depth in other Andre Smith threads, but it bears repeating here.

To start, no, I don't think he's over his injury so it doesn't really matter. However.....

When he does get his first looks, it probably won't be at RT anyway. It will more than likely (as the coaches have mentioned) be as a blocking TE to get his feet wet with what the offensive line is doing. This same practice was used for both Big Willie and Levi Jones when they got their first snaps and is probably the same line of thought especially when you consider how much he has missed to this point.

It might indicate what we are planning on doing offensively when he is in the lineup that way, but the opposing defense would still have to find a way to stop it. I have no issues if and when that actually happens...

This has been discussed at great depth in other Andre Smith threads, but it bears repeating here.

To start, no, I don't think he's over his injury so it doesn't really matter. However.....

When he does get his first looks, it probably won't be at RT anyway. It will more than likely (as the coaches have mentioned) be as a blocking TE to get his feet wet with what the offensive line is doing. This same practice was used for both Big Willie and Levi Jones when they got their first snaps and is probably the same line of thought especially when you consider how much he has missed to this point.

It might indicate what we are planning on doing offensively when he is in the lineup that way, but the opposing defense would still have to find a way to stop it. I have no issues if and when that actually happens...

Agreed. The Bengals had a lot of success running the ball in the 2nd half when they had the uneven line with Roland in there as a 6th O-Lineman. I imagine that is something we will continue to see... and without a doubt it is where we will see Smith get his first snaps.

We are better off if he NEVER PLAYS!!! He has horrible footwork no work ethic.Should have drafted Oher as i said in here in march

Well, I will go ahead and disagree with you here as I probably did in March. I can't envision any scenario where it's better for a team if their 1st round draft pick never plays. In regards to his footwork and work ethic, I assume you are referring to the footwork and work ethic that had him rated as the top draft prospect for better than 5 months time prior to the combine. That being said, did he make some poor decisions ?? Of course he did, there's no denying it, but we drafted him and when he does get in the lineup, this team will be happy about it. Unless you see Collins as a better option long term. I'm simply saying, I don't...

We are better off if he NEVER PLAYS!!! He has horrible footwork no work ethic.Should have drafted Oher as i said in here in march

Either the coaches saw something in him different to you, or they just ignored you. Either way we got we what got and we go with that.

He has good footwork? You have to be kidding? If he had good footwork he would play left tackle. A right tackle is not worth the 6th pick in the draft. Would we had been better off if Akili didnt play? YES!!!,Klingler? YES. Wilkinson? Yes. I could go on. We have the talent to be a very good team, but with the coaching, we dont. Marvin has had one winning season since 03!!! Bratkowski is pathetic and our owner, well lets just say his record speaks for itself. I believe Oher is starting and playing in Baltimore. But then again they signed him and he was in camp and he was in shape. Nothing good comes of giving a out of shape football player millions of dollars!!!! As for the experts they also believed Tony Mandarich was the next Munoz. Andre is another Fat freddie childress!!!!

He has good footwork? You have to be kidding? If he had good footwork he would play left tackle. A right tackle is not worth the 6th pick in the draft. Would we had been better off if Akili didnt play? YES!!!,Klingler? YES. Wilkinson? Yes. I could go on. We have the talent to be a very good team, but with the coaching, we dont. Marvin has had one winning season since 03!!! Bratkowski is pathetic and our owner, well lets just say his record speaks for itself. I believe Oher is starting and playing in Baltimore. But then again they signed him and he was in camp and he was in shape. Nothing good comes of giving a out of shape football player millions of dollars!!!! As for the experts they also believed Tony Mandarich was the next Munoz. Andre is another Fat freddie childress!!!!

You know, snap judgments without a shred of evidence are not real convincing supporting facts for an argument.

Example: From the way you sound on this subject, you are a football moron. You obviously did not pay any attention to Andre's college tape and seem to be closer to a troll than an actual Bengals fan.

Not to say that Andre cant be a big old bust, but I am willing to let him get on the field and see if he can continue being a very dominant OT while transitioning to the pro level. Just seems reasonable to actually have seen the man play before you label him a bust.

Wait... Mike Brown is a bad owner ?? What's that you say ?? We've only had one winning season with Marvin ?? Huh ?? Bratkowski has trouble playcalling ??

GODD*MNIT HOW LONG HAS THIS BEEN GOING ON AND WHY DIDN"T ANYONE EVER LET ME KNOW THIS BEFORE ???

Really dude ?? Get over yourself... Another transfer to MikeBrownSucks.com or WDR.com waiting to happen...

I think after we see Andre play we'll all be saying 'man, imagine if he had gotten in sooner . . . '

If we get up on Cleveland (say 35-3 in the 3rd qtr) I saw we put him and JT in, see how the ol' boy does.

Regardless, if we don't have the game in hand by the start of the 4th I'll throw a hissy fit.

Whoa reality check there man. This team isn't "that" good and I don't think we'll know how good they are for another 3-4 weeks.

They could be 0-3 just as easily as they could be 2-1 or 3-0, they aren't fooling anybody. I'm not complaining, just keeping it real.

Wow, better off if he NEVER plays? Doubt it.

His footwork is good enough that until his brain got the best of him, he was often considered the No. 1 pick. Did you even watch him at Alabama? Doubt it. He played left tackle there and his footwork was never, ever questioned. If he does not work out, SoP only has himself and his daughter to blame.

Try again troll. Maybe you can tell us how bad a pick Rey was as well?

I think after we see Andre play we'll all be saying 'man, imagine if he had gotten in sooner . . . '

If we get up on Cleveland (say 35-3 in the 3rd qtr) I saw we put him and JT in, see how the ol' boy does.

Regardless, if we don't have the game in hand by the start of the 4th I'll throw a hissy fit.

Whoa reality check there man. This team isn't "that" good and I don't think we'll know how good they are for another 3-4 weeks.

They could be 0-3 just as easily as they could be 2-1 or 3-0, they aren't fooling anybody. I'm not complaining, just keeping it real.

I agree with the reality check -- maybe I should have capitalized the IF there. What i'm saying is if we manage to blow out cleveland and have the game in hand I would rather see him get playing time in that situation than playing the bears or vikings which have a much less potential for blow out.

I don't think it's unreasonable to think that the Bengals will put a lot of points on the board this Sunday, though. Don't think it's unreasonable at all. Saying that the Bengals' will be leading the AFCN going into week 6, now that requires a bit of a reality check. Though, again, not out of the realm of possibility. Our defense and special teams will keep us in many a game this season and I just don't see cleveland's "defense" posing a huge threat to our offense -- assuming we don't have a mental melt down.

I for one am pretty excited to see Andre on the field -- I just don't want it to be in a situation that really matters the first time.