Can the Bengals do us all a favor

volcom69

Please blow out some teams this year, i mean i enjoy all the close games, but im much to young for a heart attack. Three games in a row now that i almost fell over dead because of how close these games have been. So please blow out Clevland this week, and beat the teams you are supposed to by alot!!!! :)

I do need a blowout. My stomach starts hurting. This week will be tough too. Derek Anderson is an improvement over Quinn.

Well, Gus Frerotte was an improvement over Akili, too. :lol: If the Bengals choke in Cleveland, they will deserve any crap they get. Not seeing it here...

We know that the bengals are tough in close games that are easily losable. it will be interesting to see how they respond to a game where, especially after the last two, we should be highly favored to win. We need to play OUR football and not play at the same level of the browns. This is a really significant week for us.

i expect ced to run rampant all over the browns, and the d to hold cleaveland to fieldgoals. if this next game is close i would be seriously surprised, time to pad the stats.....

We know that the bengals are tough in close games that are easily losable. it will be interesting to see how they respond to a game where, especially after the last two, we should be highly favored to win. We need to play OUR football and not play at the same level of the browns. This is a really significant week for us.

Ditto, don't just show up expecting to win, but I don't think that this is that kinda team

Well, it would be nice to see the team put yesterday behind them and begin focusing right away. They have a chance to be 3-1 and 2-0 in the division heading into a showdown with the Ravens the following week. They can't afford a letdown against a Browns team that isn't that good.

I really will be looking for a big game from the Bengals come this Sunday. FOCUS !!!

I guess we will see the focus of the team this week, will they be looking forward to next week, or still in shock of Pitt game win, or will Marvin have this team focused and ready to play the Browns. I guess this will be up to Marvin to get these guys ready to play.

How about the Defense they had there worst game of the year against Pitt, can they come back and stop the big plays from happening, and i hope we shut them out that would be the best thing this defense could do to help them get there confidense back.

I would love to see Ced run for well over 100 yards, and Carson to maybe get a 300 yard game with a couple TDs and no Ints. Like i said lets see how focused they are, and if Marvin gets them ready to play.

Bengals open as 5.5 point road favorites...

/>http://www.gambling911.com/football-news/cincinnati-bengals-odds-be-slashed-092809.html

I checked the spread this morning, and it was at 4 points. This could grow as the week goes on.

Bottom line I want a win in Cleveland. If it's 14-10 so be it.

That being said, can we please beat the hell out of these guys?! There isn't anything even remotely hopeful being written about the browns and, after seeing bits of their play, i can understand why. The bengals have proven that they are mentally tougher in difficult situations than any team in recent memory from the queen city -- it's time to prove that's true in games we should win.

There's no reason this game can't be 35-0, and get there quick. We need another opening drive like we had in GB and some dominant D. Hope jumpy and odom can both manage multiple sack days, would love for leon to get a pick and Roy/Rey to light someone up.

This is a really, really significant game for the bengals. :bengal:

This was easily said heading into the game Sunday against the Steeler and with the win, it makes it even moreso heading against Cleveland this coming Sunday. If we win against the Browns, that statement will be at an even higher level going against the Ravens as we could (dare I say it) be undefeated in the division and in 1st place.

Simply said, I agree !!!

This was easily said heading into the game Sunday against the Steeler and with the win, it makes it even moreso heading against Cleveland this coming Sunday. If we win against the Browns, that statement will be at an even higher level going against the Ravens as we could (dare I say it) be undefeated in the division and in 1st place.

Simply said, I agree !!!

Don't want to get too ahead of myself here, either, but just imagine if the Ravens lose to new england and that other team who's name shall not be mentioned loses to the chargers. Oh, and we beat up cleveland.

I'm not saying . . . I'm just saying.

I don't want to see the Bengals play down to the level of the competition... but I'm not terribly concerned about them blowing anyone out either. Back in '02 when the Buckeyes won the championship, I don't think they won any of their games down the stetch by more than 7.

Did it take years off my life? Maybe... but more importantly they knew how to win the close ones... unlike Miami who was used to winning by 30.

I remember back in '05 when the Bemgals started out 4-0. There weren't a lot of bad things you could say. They were playing at a very high level. The offense was clicking, the defense was getting turnovers. I remember one analyst say something that most thought was nitpicking. He said... "They haven't had to come from behind yet."

Was that a good reason to not believe in them? Perhaps not... but I understand the sentiment. It's easy to look like a really strong team when you're always playing with the lead. But do you have the character to come together and snatch victory from the hands of your opponents in the 4th quarter, even when it appears hope is gone? The '09 Bengals do.