Final Thoughts on the game? Packers

Kazkal

-Odom is a Beast may not be fastest guy but 5 Sacks nice

-Defensive Was still key even with all Crockers yellow flags

-Carson had me worried early but hey can't hate on the 35 points he put up (7 for packers heh)

-Jeremi Looked good early and seemed to have some nice blocks on Cedrics early runs...Though He looked like a fish out of water on that catch but hey he still got 9 yards..

-Maualuga looked good with his sack & Forced Fumble

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-Carson had me worried early but hey can't hate on the 35 points he put up (7 for packers heh)

-Jeremi Looked good early and seemed to have some nice blocks on Cedrics early runs...Though He looked like a fish out of water on that catch but hey he still got 9 yards..

I agree what a HUGE win at lambo not easy to do. In fact is that our first time ever winning there?

I agree what a HUGE win at lambo not easy to do. In fact is that our first time ever winning there?

History was against us it's been quite some time since bengals have won at Lambeau not only that but 2-12 after a loss at PBS on away games so great win....If we can get rid of the yellow flags I actually look forward to the steelers game...

Maualuga had two forced fumbles and a sack. Odam has five sacks which gives him SEVEN on the year! Chad looked like the old Chad, and it was good to see Benson chew up 141 yards on the ground.

One problem not mentioned here. The amount of Yellow flags thrown against them. Do that next week against Pittsburg and they wont even sniff a close game with them. GB is a weak team right now. I would not party all that much just yet. Yes a good step in the right direction but carson needs to clean up a little more and the gaffs need to stop.

First ever regular season win at Lambeau. How many times has it happened they we beat an over .500 team on the road? Sure we've still got mistakes to clear up but this team has some guys who can play.

Our much maligned O-line controlled the line of scrimmage against a pretty good D, on the road no less. Suffice to say the D-line did the same.

Maualuga had two forced fumbles and a sack. Odam has five sacks which gives him SEVEN on the year! Chad looked like the old Chad, and it was good to see Benson chew up 141 yards on the ground.

One word: Beautiful!

One problem not mentioned here. The amount of Yellow flags thrown against them. Do that next week against Pittsburg and they wont even sniff a close game with them. GB is a weak team right now. I would not party all that much just yet. Yes a good step in the right direction but carson needs to clean up a little more and the gaffs need to stop.

No doubt they have to clean things up but actually that was mentioned in the game thread. Refs were insane today for both teams. Bengals had 100, Pack had 76. That's overactive officiating if you ask me.

A weak team? Funny how teams become weak only after they lose to the Bengals. Sorry Pal. I ain't puttin' up with that today. The Packers were huge, prohibitive favorites going into this game. I don't think there was more than one or two other NFL games today with a bigger pt spread. They were undefeated in exhibition play and won their opener. They have a guru coach brought in to direct the defense. Some pundits are picking them to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl.

Spare me with your propaganda

I'll start sorting them out this way:

OFFENSE:

Hard to complain, here, frankly. They rode out another of Carson's "rust" games, overcame two horrible mistakes, and put points on the board. As much maligning as the line takes, it generally gave Carson time to throw, and the holes for Benson were noteworthy.

As for Benson, great to see a Cincy running back run that hard again. He carried the team in the second half to that win.

Also pleased to see CJ's hard work get rewarded. A touchdown catch for all three WRs and some really important work by Caldwell over the middle to convert a few third downs. The receiving corp is wandering over to strength.

DEFENSE:

The effort from the front four was exemplary. And, as for Odom, it has been a LONG time since the Bengals have had a defensive lineman with that kind of motor who, when he gets to the QB, puts said QB on the ground. Malaluga's stick to force the fumble over the middle was a quiet hidden play-of-the-game type thing. Leon Hall completely removed Greg Jennings from this game. THAT is what a shutdown CB does.

SPECIAL TEAMS:

Frankly, this game was won (and almost lost at the end) on special teams. The two punt returns from Cosby saved and won the game. The first erasing Carson's initial mistake, and the last putting them in figgie range to go up 31-21. Sure-handed, and he gets upfield. Me likey. A lot. Huber was a monster. Backed up at the 9, that 56 yard punt he unleashed with an extra 10 yards tacked on for holding turned the tide of the game early in the 4th when the Bengals were up 7 and field position was slipping. Enormous kicks. He's a pure weapon. If not for the oopsie on the on-side teams, an A+ from this unit. Oh, and they can cover kicks, too. For a change.

All in all, the kind of effort that you wanted to see, and a rather improbable win in a place they just don't win. It is the kind of win that can be a springboard win, if they can find a way to finally exorcise the Steeler ghosts at PBS next week. And, at this point, I think they can. That they rebounded in this fashion after the bad luck from game 1 says a lot about their make-up as a team.

No doubt they have to clean things up but actually that was mentioned in the game thread. Refs were insane today for both teams. Bengals had 100, Pack had 76. That's overactive officiating if you ask me.

I think their were some bogus calls. Is it just me or did CBS do a horrible job of replaying these controversial calls? I didn't see any of Crocker's penalties. That one PI late in the game I thought he made a great hit

Oline played immence in my eyes 1 sack and that was on a blown assignment opened holes for ced to get 141 yards. They can only get better.

Dline was outstanding antwan, rivers, rey, hall, JJ all played great

Huber is a god no doubt

if we improve and get rid of these penalties (not having Ed's crew do our games is a start)I can see a playoff spot on the horizon.

A weak team? Funny how teams become weak only after they lose to the Bengals. Sorry Pal. I ain't puttin' up with that today.

Good point. Worth repeating.

As you well know, us Bengal fans put up with enough warranted s**t all year long and I'm tired of it. Don't give me that revisionist history crap today

I think their were some bogus calls. Is it just me or did CBS do a horrible job of replaying these controversial calls? I didn't see any of Crocker's penalties. That one PI late in the game I thought he made a great hit

I saw some but not all of the calls. I did see that Crocker PI & that was BS. Fortunately the refs were screwing both teams today. There was a late PI call against GB I thought was BS too.

I saw some but not all of the calls. I did see that Crocker PI & that was BS. Fortunately the refs were screwing both teams today. There was a late PI call against GB I thought was BS too.

What came around, went around. I'm good when it works out that way.

I don't remember any PI call against GB. Do you remember which Bengal he was covering?

Oh, and it was lost in the game thread, and I meant to put it in my initial write-up, but I will set it out seperately here.

Lav Coles with the play of the game and maybe the season for hustling to follow Coats on that 3rd and 34 and come up with the lucky fumble forward recovery. That was pure hustle, and the kind of thing that I really appreciate seeing from guys wearing Bengals stripes. That was outstanding.

That's Hochuli. I think he calls penalties just for the attention. Dude loves the sound of his own voice. Glad to get a W after a squirrelly yellow flag game like that.

Lav Coles with the play of the game and maybe the season for hustling to follow Coats on that 3rd and 34 and come up with the lucky fumble forward recovery. That was pure hustle, and the kind of thing that I really appreciate seeing from guys wearing Bengals stripes. That was outstanding.

Hence as much as some posters hate it why Coles is a starter & Henry isn't....He Hustles on plays like that one or interceptions Just incase the worst case scenario happens...He's not jussling and getting in fights with cornerbacks risking getting flagged guy may only have like 30 yards in 2 games but I'm still glad he's a bengal..

I'm sold on this D. Good D-line. The fat guys in the middle must be doing something right for one of our DEs to have a chance of getting pressure on the QB. I like our LBs and hope we find the final piece of the puzzle next offseason there. Our secondary is still a weakness, in particular the safeties and lack of depth at CB. They haven't been left out to dry. Another indication that the front 7 have been doing a good job. Not having to try and cover NFL receivers for about 8 seconds each snap really helps the DBs out.

Zimmer has done a great job. Not just with personnel but also I think our position coaches are largely unchanged. He seems to have changed the atmosphere all round on D. The players, the scheme and the attitude of players and staff alike.

As for the O - wow, still some huge issues but they moved the ball this week. particular nod to Ced who showed he has first rnd talent, maybe not 4 overall but he's been bringing it and not always behind good blocking. JJ, I'm sorry I called you fat. Run and pass blocking would be so much uglier without you. Nice to see the old Chad back, ditch the holding/false start pens though. Henry - more catches like that in the end zone and you might move up the pecking order in time. We really need TEs, although they were OKish today. Coles brings hustle and desire and is a great type of player to have on this team. Caldwell is maturing into a very good player. Athletic but more importantly his situational awareness is very good. He'll only get better. In a couple of yrs, TJ will be out of the league, Caldwell will just be starting. Shame he's a Gator but meh, I'll let him off.

Play calling is still bland and leaves a lot to be desired and someone, I don't care who, really needs to start crushing testicles if players keep on giving damn near or over a hundred yards away in penalties each and every game. That's a frigging TD drive from your own 1 yd line. Unacceptable.

In short, execution was still iffy at times, to say the least but the attitude the players on O showed after last week's lost wasn't just lip service. The attitude and desire was much better. 31 points against what many 'experts' consider a decentish if not great D is a step in the right direction.

Very happy overall. 1-1 is much nicer than 0-2 which is what I feared going into today's game.

I'm done.

Another guy who i thought had a great game was Mathis filling in for Livings, i thought Mathis did a great job today, and even A. Collins had a great game today. The defense is still alittle bit away from being scary, but they did good today. Palmer was alittle scary at times, but made up for it so im not really sure what to think of him at this point, but i think he'll back to normal pretty soon.

Another guy who i thought had a great game was Mathis filling in for Livings, i thought Mathis did a great job today, and even A. Collins had a great game today. The defense is still alittle bit away from being scary, but they did good today. Palmer was alittle scary at times, but made up for it so im not really sure what to think of him at this point, but i think he'll back to normal pretty soon.

Mathis looked good kinda made me wonder why Livings is starting ahead of him...