Final Thoughts on the game now that it's over?

Kazkal

Things I liked

-Offensive Line the Pass Protection seemed solid running was good at times seems lacking on the right though (Can't wait for Andre)

-Cedric Looks good & Fast

-I don't think Carson had that bad of a game 250 yards with INT coming off chads tip and other off game ending hail marry

-Defense looked great sure it was vs Kyle Orton but Broncos have a good offensive Line and some weapons at WR & TE....Only down side was Crocker & Williams costing the game going for the big hit vs the smart play.

Things I didn't

Penalties and dropped balls looked to be the biggest problem we had...

PS,Sorry If I shouldn't have made a new thread figure try get it all on one vs posting thoughts on 6 different threads or having to dig threw 26 pages...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Things I liked

-Offensive Line the Pass Protection seemed solid running was good at times seems lacking on the right though (Can't wait for Andre)

-Cedric Looks good & Fast

-I don't think Carson had that bad of a game 250 yards with INT coming off chads tip and other off game ending hail marry

-Defense looked great sure it was vs Kyle Orton but Broncos have a good offensive Line and some weapons at WR & TE....Only down side was Crocker & Williams costing the game going for the big hit vs the smart play.

Things I didn't

PS,Sorry If I shouldn't have made a new thread figure try get it all on one vs posting thoughts on 6 different threads or having to dig threw 26 pages...

Anyone- I was at the game. I really thought the second to last play was an int. Was it close - I know Denver hurried up so there was no review. SHould their have been?

Things I didn't

That's it?

Oh, come on.

You know you want to say it.

What's that?

OK, fine...I'll say it.

If they would have had Andre Smith at RT they would have won. ;)

Pfft So not what I was thinking...but would add to our weight advantage that we had!

Maybe, just maybe. If us Bengal fans would change our s**tty here we go again attitude it would catch on. You think Pitt, Ind, NE, GB, Dallas, NY fans turn on their teams so fast? It's bulls**t to assume we'll suck again because of 1 play. The Bengals will be fine. Just a crap loss!

Oh no doubt man it was heart breaking loss but I still like what I saw in the team today and hopes are high for greenbay...Hoping they have even bigger chip next week and stick it to them packers ;)

I think the final thought of the day is, can this team get over this or will it live with these guys next week and week after ect ect. Will they allow it to bother them so bad that there play will go backwards. I dont know the way this team play scares me, i was excited, but that excitment was ripped out of me on that last play. Im still speechless about that play

I'l guarantee we're the only fans in the NFL today that is writing off the team led by a Pro Bowl QB because of a loss. You think Carolina is boo-hooing? They got killed! Are we Men?

Carolina made the playoffs last year. And their starting QB hasn't lost like a million consecutive games like ours has.

Defense looked very, very stout. That last play was a fluke. We could run the same play ten times and it would result in 5 incompletions or 5 interceptions. Total fluke.

Feel relieved about pass protection, I was impressed.

Running game looked solid, too. Feel much better about our o-line

Things I didn't like?

Brat giving up on the run

Dropped passes

Botched FG

All of which, in my opinion, lead to no first half points. That PI call on chad was crap, too, by the way. He didn't even touch the guy

I'l guarantee we're the only fans in the NFL today that is writing off the team led by a Pro Bowl QB because of a loss. You think Carolina is boo-hooing? They got killed! Are we Men?

Carolina made the playoffs last year. And their starting QB hasn't lost like a million consecutive games like ours has.

Well San Diego, Minnesota, and Indianapolis all lost week 1 last year and went on to the playoffs. You can't just say every new season the Bngals suck, because it's a different team year to year. Palmer got hurt last year, so did Brady. Palmer is the 5th fastest guy in NFL history to throw for 100 td's. The guy is very good. When he get's his Super Bowl ring he will be great.

Maybe, just maybe. If us Bengal fans would change our s**tty here we go again attitude it would catch on.

Yeah, the Bengals stink because their fans stink. :rolleyes: Hair would agree, though.

You think Pitt, Ind, NE, GB, Dallas, NY fans turn on their teams so fast? It's bulls**t to assume we'll suck again because of 1 play. The Bengals will be fine. Just a crap loss!

Just a crap loss? Ah, yes, like so many others...look, I like the D. Not love, Denver's O stinks, but like. However, the O has nothing right now. Fitz got us an average of 13 points a game, for gawd's sake, and we couldn't even manage that today. Until they can tell their asses and elbows apart, we are sunk.

Obviously the fans don't control the games, but perception is reality. If it becomes 2nd nature to expect excellence it makes it easier. Like when Green Bay had that winning streak at home. You think that the expectation of them winning had no effect? Not 100% but it's a touch. Listen. The Bengals are a playoff team. They have the talent. It just needs to come together.

Obviously the fans don't control the games, but perception is reality. If it becomes 2nd nature to expect excellence it makes it easier. Like when Green Bay had that winning streak at home. You think that the expectation of them winning had no effect? Not 100% but it's a touch. Listen. The Bengals are a playoff team. They have the talent. It just needs to come together.

Believe me, I understand. Win and it all goes away. The problem the Bengals have is that first word: "Win."

Maybe, just maybe. If us Bengal fans would change our s**tty here we go again attitude it would catch on. You think Pitt, Ind, NE, GB, Dallas, NY fans turn on their teams so fast? It's bulls**t to assume we'll suck again because of 1 play. The Bengals will be fine. Just a crap loss!

Fans of Pitt, Ind, NE, GB, Dallas, and NY have no reason to turn on their teams....their teams almost always win. I will never turn on the Bengals, but I can see why some fans do. The Bengals have been losing since 1991. Thats a long time folks, and it gets old. They had the one playoff year, and some 8-8 season sprinkled in, but for the most part the Bengals just lose and lose some more. Its not the fans having the "here we go again" attitude that worries me. Its not like the fans play the games out there. BUT, what does worry me is not knowing if the players can recover from the shock of what just happened today, and how will it affect them for the rest of the season.

Well we can all say the defense was great today, and if they won that game it would have been because of the defense, but in reality it was the defense that lost this game in the end. Now they should have not been in that situation but they were and the defense blew it which sucks. The defense played a crappy offense from the Broncos, i just wonder how they will look against a good offense like GreenBay. All in all im just not happy with this lose, and this season worries me alittle bit with the way it opened.

Well we can all say the defense was great today, and if they won that game it would have been because of the defense, but in reality it was the defense that lost this game in the end. Now they should have not been in that situation but they were and the defense blew it which sucks. The defense played a crappy offense from the Broncos, i just wonder how they will look against a good offense like GreenBay. All in all im just not happy with this lose, and this season worries me alittle bit with the way it opened.

A couple things.

"They should not have been in that situation..."

It's the NFL. We can play the ifs and buts game but the truth is almost all games are decided by less than a TD. Very few teams can afford a gift TD with 20 secs left. If you're a Denver fan you're saying we shouldn't have been in that situation because Orton shouldn't have taken that sack and they should have kicked the FG putting the game out of reach. It's not like the Bengals were in the red zone all day. Other than the botched FG they weren't close to scoring

"...the defense blew it..."

No they didn't. You can't defend that sort of play. Good defenses converge to the ball and the Bengals D had that one covered well. It was just horrible luck. And that's what's so frustrating about this for Bengal fans. We're used to blaming ownership, officials or coaches but in this case it's just bad, bad luck.

Why do these things happen to the Bengals but things like Immaculate receptions happen to the Steelers? Even when the Steelers screw up like Jerome Bettis' fumble in the playoff game vs Indy they still win. I don't get it.

I'm sure this has been said more than once since the game but I need to vent...

I feel like such a freakin sucker for beleiving that this team would be anything other than the joke I saw today. This schleprock organization is all we can expect forever or until the team moves or until God comes down and miracles us some new ownership.

Pathetic and predictable to the point of being hilarious.

Do you REALLY think they look better than last season? We played a team we should have beat soundly (on paper) and lost at home.

By the way...what channel/time is the game on next Sunday?

A couple things.

It's the NFL. We can play the ifs and buts game but the truth is almost all games are decided by less than a TD. Very few teams can afford a gift TD with 20 secs left. If you're a Denver fan you're saying we shouldn't have been in that situation because Orton shouldn't have taken that sack and they should have kicked the FG putting the game out of reach. It's not like the Bengals were in the red zone all day. Other than the botched FG they weren't close to scoring

No they didn't. You can't defend that sort of play. Good defenses converge to the ball and the Bengals D had that one covered well. It was just horrible luck. And that's what's so frustrating about this for Bengal fans. We're used to blaming ownership, officials or coaches but in this case it's just bad, bad luck.

Why do these things happen to the Bengals but things like Immaculate receptions happen to the Steelers? Even when the Steelers screw up like Jerome Bettis' fumble in the playoff game vs Indy they still win. I don't get it.

Ok i guess i worded alot of what i said wrong today, im not blaming the defense it just sucks that they play great all day then on that last play this is what happens. I was mad, and still mad so i guess i worded things wrong, because im not putin all the blame on the defense at all. I guess im just ticked about everything that has happend today.

Ok i guess i worded alot of what i said wrong today, im not blaming the defense it just sucks that they play great all day then on that last play this is what happens. I was mad, and still mad so i guess i worded things wrong, because im not putin all the blame on the defense at all. I guess im just ticked about everything that has happend today.

Feel free to vent any way you like. I understand. I'm a Bengal fan. I feel like I want to break something right now. I don't take anything said right now personally.

A couple things.

It's the NFL. We can play the ifs and buts game but the truth is almost all games are decided by less than a TD. Very few teams can afford a gift TD with 20 secs left.

Especially if they can only score a single TD. We aren't talking about about the "standard" 24-21 type of game. This is a clear case of an incompetent offense. The Denver D is not Baltimore. We had plenty of chances for points. And we blew them again and again. It's not like we got 2 or 3 or 4 scores and just got out-shot in a shootout. This is a case of we can't score. Sorry, but I find that an important difference.

No they didn't.

Agreed.