Practice Squad Announced

Red_Bengal

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Lynch-Pressley-lead-squad/a37f3706-275a-4e6a-b7e1-1ee7bd3414ed

The Bengals named their practice squad Sunday:

--TE Darius Hill (rookie; Ball State)

--HB James Johnson (first-year player; Kansas State)

--S Corey Lynch (second-year player; Appalachian State)

--DT Clinton McDonald (rookie; Memphis)

--FB Chris Pressley (rookie; Wisconsin)

--WR Maurice Purify (first-year player; Nebraska)

--G Jason Shirley (second-year player; Fresno State)

--LB Dan Skuta (rookie; Grand Valley State)

Good list I am glad we got shirley, lynch, and jeremi johnson insurance with pressley on the squad.

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Lynch-Pressley-lead-squad/a37f3706-275a-4e6a-b7e1-1ee7bd3414ed

The Bengals named their practice squad Sunday:

--TE Darius Hill (rookie; Ball State)

--HB James Johnson (first-year player; Kansas State)

--S Corey Lynch (second-year player; Appalachian State)

--DT Clinton McDonald (rookie; Memphis)

--FB Chris Pressley (rookie; Wisconsin)

--WR Maurice Purify (first-year player; Nebraska)

--G Jason Shirley (second-year player; Fresno State)

--LB Dan Skuta (rookie; Grand Valley State)

Good list I am glad we got shirley, lynch, and jeremi johnson insurance with pressley on the squad.

I am not sure you could have a better PS... diversity, talent and upside consindering.

Glad we were able to keep Shirley and McDonald. I think they both have potential. Pressley may develop in good blocking FB, but he's very one-dimensional and kind of stiff. I have liked Purify ever since he came out of Nebraska.

I wonder if any of the guys were not named to the practice squad because they got picked by other teams, or are exploring opportunities with other teams instead of agreeing to be on the bengals practice squad...guys like Fui or Fredie Brown.

Marvin white got picked up by the Cowboys.

We get Roy Williams they get Marvin White....Works for me I do hope he can continue a good career.

Don't really care about keeping Fui. What was going to do for us? He sort of a combo RB/FB. We don't need him at RB since we have plenty of better runners. And he is not a true blocking FB.

To continue to develop him as a blocker,because if he could block like Pressley did I'd have no question about him making it but fullback was new position he was a RB in college.

According to hobson, it doesn't sound as like we made any waiver claims. I would of liked them to try and get Mccaugley from Minnesota but, the Lions are using the number one waiver spot to claim all kinds of players.

SICK PS! Other then no Marvin White? WTF is up with that?

Don't really care about keeping Fui. What was going to do for us? He sort of a combo RB/FB. We don't need him at RB since we have plenty of better runners. And he is not a true blocking FB.

Don't really care about keeping Joe Wrong. What does he ever do for us? He sort of a combo idiot/annoyance. We don't need him as an idiot since we have plenty of better idiots. And he is not a true bitching annoyance.

According to hobson, it doesn't sound as like we made any waiver claims. I would of liked them to try and get Mccaugley from Minnesota but, the Lions are using the number one waiver spot to claim all kinds of players.

SICK PS! Other then no Marvin White? WTF is up with that?

1.) We couldn't practice Squad him he played in 2many games

2.)Dallas claimed him off waivers.

As many RBs as we have, I am very surprised that we put one of the PS

I would have liked to have seen Fui on the PS, very surprised he isn't. Nothing against JJ, just would rather have had Fui - we all (except maybe Agreen) need a little vakapuna sometimes

I also am suprised that we kept another S, and would expect that if the opportunity arises, we'll replace the S with a CB. Again, nothing against Mr Lynch, who seems like a heckuva nice person, just think with the team's defensive backfield skewed towards S over CB, we'd keep a CB on the PS

One guess for two weeks from now - Mathis is listed as the third C, I think he will be waived and added to the PS when Andre Smith is added to the regular roster, and I'd guess they will drop Lynch or Darius Hill at that time

As many RBs as we have, I am very surprised that we put one of the PS

I would have liked to have seen Fui on the PS, very surprised he isn't. Nothing against JJ, just would rather have had Fui - we all (except maybe Agreen) need a little vakapuna sometimes

I also am suprised that we kept another S, and would expect that if the opportunity arises, we'll replace the S with a CB. Again, nothing against Mr Lynch, who seems like a heckuva nice person, just think with the team's defensive backfield skewed towards S over CB, we'd keep a CB on the PS

One guess for two weeks from now - Mathis is listed as the third C, I think he will be waived and added to the PS when Andre Smith is added to the regular roster, and I'd guess they will drop Lynch or Darius Hill at that time

Ok genius. Please tell me in what world Evan Mathis, who has spent quite a bit of time as an NFL starter, is eligible for the practice squad.

Please use a little intelligence.