NFL Cuts - Another man's garbage.

kingwilly

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some interesting names out there right now.

Pitsburgh cut A.Q. Shipley and Carey Davis, who played in 14 games at FB for the Steelers last year. The word out of Pittsburgh is Davis is only an average blocker at best, but apparently he is an exceptional ST'er, so maybe he gets a look.

I'll pass on Leonard Pope. He was one of the reasons that Arizona offered Reggie Kelly more money than Cincinnati, when Kelly was a free agent. He has great size, but has always been regarded as more of a pass-catching TE.

The Falcons cut Doug Datish and Kynan Forney, who offer the versatility that Alexander loves.

I expect the Bengals to add another linemen or two, especially with Luigs looking more and more like a long-term project and Andre Smith out for a few weeks. I wouldn't be surprised to see another veteran DB added, as well.

Vikes cut Marcus McCauley who is a CB that was drafted in the 3rd round in '07. Vikes are also loaded at CB so he is probably another numbers cut.

he is a terrible cover-2 CB apparently.

The Ravens look to have made some tough cuts too,including 5th round TE Davon Drew. The 49ers also cut two pretty intriguing TEs:Bear Pascoe and Joe John Finley. Pascoe is a beast blocking. Also noted that the Falcons cut Aaron Kelly and a 5th round CB,William Middleton. The Iggle's CB Jack Iggie of Xbox infamy and Rod Hood couldn't be any worse than Geoff Pope,could they?

Who was that LB we had from FSU? His crime was theft, right?

Nicholson, I believe. Though his crimes were arguably less severe than the FSU WRs we've had who also saw theft charges.

AJ Nicholson had sexual assault problems and,as well, broke into a team-mate's apartment and stole things.

Vikes cut Marcus McCauley who is a CB that was drafted in the 3rd round in '07. Vikes are also loaded at CB so he is probably another numbers cut.

Gimme this guy. Now.

Young, some experience, excellent size (6-1) and speed (4.39)

he is a terrible cover-2 CB apparently.

Yeah, this is a man cover CB, not a zone guy like Keiwan was

Mike Mickens was cut by the Cowboys. Bring him in. Also, TE Scott Chandler. Former Bengals cut include Jeff Rowe by Seattle,Kevin Kaesviharn by Carolina,Deltha O'Neal by the Texans and Mario Urrutia by the Bucs.

Some interesting names out there right now.

Pitsburgh cut A.Q. Shipley and Carey Davis, who played in 14 games at FB for the Steelers last year. The word out of Pittsburgh is Davis is only an average blocker at best, but apparently he is an exceptional ST'er, so maybe he gets a look.

I'll pass on Leonard Pope. He was one of the reasons that Arizona offered Reggie Kelly more money than Cincinnati, when Kelly was a free agent. He has great size, but has always been regarded as more of a pass-catching TE.

The Falcons cut Doug Datish and Kynan Forney, who offer the versatility that Alexander loves.

I expect the Bengals to add another linemen or two, especially with Luigs looking more and more like a long-term project and Andre Smith out for a few weeks. I wouldn't be surprised to see another veteran DB added, as well.

Luigs is not a long term project. We don't need anymore linemen.