Looking forward to and point of concern

combatbengal

I watched the first two preseason games and yes I'm aware that this is only preseason and the score and outcome doesn't mean crap! However, I think our entire Def has improved drastically! These guys are getting to the QB, tackling, covering wide receivers, and stopping the run better then they have in years.

The offensive line has improved as well. QB has time to throw, and the backs have holes to run through. Chad seems to be more focused, and Henry has stepped hiss game up!

Concerns: Too many penalties and holding on to the rock! Another concern is we have no back-up place kicker. Chad was great but we can’t count on him during game decision FG’s!

So Penalties in preseason & a kicker who is simply resting....Great things to be concerned about vs previous years concerns

Considering our list of things NOT to worry about last year was non-existant, I'd say this is definately progress.

Oh My biggest concern though is not getting Andre Smith in anytime soon then watching one of our Tackles or down...That or Anthony Collins simply not filling the nitch that we drafted Andre for ala being a Dominate Run blocker then having to continue to wait for Andre to Sign then after he does play 30+ days of catchup...

Right now my biggest concern is the fact that Palmer once again proably wont play this week, hes had one start which he was ok, but in my opion needs more work. I thought this ankle business was not a big deal, but hear we go again with him out, and i feel he needs work with the wide recievers other wise its just like last year at the begining. I hate how they always make injuries around here seem like nothing and then it just lingers on and on.

I know its just preseason games, but i feel he needs the work he hardly played last year, and here we go again!

Looking forward to: winning the Super Bowl without ever signing Andre Smith.

Point of concern: Kazkal's head may explode.

Hope our tackles stay healthy on superbowl run ^_^ and collins has probowl season "trys to keep a strait face"

Just pokin' ya with a stick. :lol:

Looking forward to: winning the Super Bowl without ever signing Andre Smith.

Point of concern: Kazkal's head may explode.

Hope our tackles stay healthy on superbowl run ^_^ and collins has probowl season "trys to keep a strait face"

Just pokin' ya with a stick. :lol:

It's all good Hooiser I get your point of view,I don't think having Andre would make or break our season...Just would be nice to have him ready incase something bad happens :|

From what we saw at the end of last year and so far this preseason, if it takes Andre into the season to get signed and something happened to Collins, I'd be more than ok having Roland in there getting his time. He's big and can move. I wonder if he ever played any guard because I'm not the biggest fan of Livings.

From what we saw at the end of last year and so far this preseason, if it takes Andre into the season to get signed and something happened to Collins, I'd be more than ok having Roland in there getting his time. He's big and can move. I wonder if he ever played any guard because I'm not the biggest fan of Livings.

Yeah... I'm not liking Livings much either. Since the left side of the line is more about pass blocking than run blocking, I'm wondering if Collins wouldn't make a fantastic LG next to Whitworth. He could remain the backup LT and just move over a spot in the event of an injury. I think Collins is good enough to play in this league... I'm just not sure he's a LT.

I also haven't been paying that much attention concerning how Luigs is developing... or Shirley for that matter. Anyone been paying attention that closely to the preseason games?

Looking forward to: The defense. The front 7 and our secondary all seem to be about the best I can remember in a VERY long time.

Point of Concern: Carson and his developing timing with the WR's. There have been changes to the offensive playbook as well that you would think they would want to ensure are worked during the preseason. In looking at other preseason games, most teams starting QB's have been playing maybe 3 series. If Carson can't get out there for at least one, I'm concerned there may be something more to this.

As for Luigs and Shirley, I have heard the announcers make comments about seeing Luigs get some push and being able to hold his own, but have not heard Shirley's name mentioned. I did see him in the game getting some reps, but can't say as I paid him much attention. Not thinking that captures the whole picture by any stretch, just what i've heard and seen.

looking forward to; the entire team, we have a lot of talent on this team on both sides of the ball. mainly the defense, these guys are ball hawking and arriving with bad intentions.

concerned about; can this team over come the constant mistakes that has plagued them in the past. other than last season, talent wise the bengals have had their fair share and never really done anything with it. the one playoff game with the pressure on because of a cheap shot. the bengals lost their composer and the game. they have been 8-8 to many time never really able to get over the hump to reach the playoffs. things like marvin not being able to win the games that count down the stretch. losing home games. not beating teams with a plus .500 record. playing to the level of our competition. not finishing games. then bad coaching, play calling, time management, poor personal decisions. i just don't know if they can over come all this to make a playoff run.

Point of concern: I'm not sold on the running game at all yet.

Agreed. I've not been impressed by the line or by Benson. I've a lot of catching up to do here, but what I've read suggests many have very high hopes for Cedric and I just don't get it. I like his ability to make sharp cuts, but I haven't seen many broken tackles and I worry about fumbles.

Just re-watched the second half of the Pats/Bengals game, and, man, am I looking forward to watching Malaluga and Michael Johnson play. Toss in Sims. That's a nice young core to a much better defense than we have seen here in some time.

sims was really impressive. sideline to sideline. he's quick for such a stout boy.

but yeah, the other two were great as well, malaluga whiffed on one tfl. and there were times when johnson seemed to not be going full bore. overall the future looks bright on the defensive side of the ball.

Isn't anybody concerned about the TE position? I'm wondering if we'll even have enough healthy bodies to man the position.

Yea im alittle worried about it, i mean there out signing all these D Tackles but yet are forgetting about others like the TE and CB postion. I just hope there waiting till the cuts and then sign somebody decent.