Favre a Viking

Ickey44

Report: Favre to get $12 million for one year

Posted by Mike Florio on August 18, 2009 11:24 AM ET

Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports reports that the Vikings will pay Brett Favre $12 million for one season of football with the team.

That matches the amount Favre earned in 2008 with the Jets, and it's only $1 million less than what Favre was due to make under the final year of his contract, which the Jets acquired last year via trade.

Cole's report contradicts past suggestions that Favre would receive an incentive-based contract that paid him based on his ability to play and/or his success.

So they let this guy sit out all of training camp and they're probably gonna make him the starter in Week 1. So this dumbass has two weeks to learn the offense and they expect him to take them to the playoffs? I'm so sick of this a**h***. And the Vikings just got played.

He's 40 years old, he's got a bum shoulder, and he doesn't know the offense. Real smart.

God I wish he'd go away. Now we get to hear the jock sniffers on ESPN talk about him 24/7 and during every MNF broadcast non-stop....again.

He has already ruined most of his "legacy" in the 2000's by becoming a below average QB who throws more INT's than anyone I've ever seen.

He has not been good for years now. It's just stupid.

Ok, anyone interested in any of the Vikings QB castoffs ?? Rosenfels isn't going anywhere, Jackson may ask for a trade, and there was another report about the Vikings trying to slide Booty through waivers to the practice squad. I don't think Booty makes it through waivers, but thought it was an interesting question.

Anyway, we all get to share in yet another year of the sports reporters talking about Favre with every breath they can muster. Sucks...

Booty would be great (bah-dum-tish!) but yeah, unlikely we get him. Jackson - sure, not conventional but he has some potential. With a lot of coaching and watching Carson he could be a decent backup. He's got a good arm and is fairly accurate. Just makes bonehead decisions. No idea whether he's coachable and it's just too much to go from Alambama (state or A&M?) to the NFL in 3 yrs or he's an idiot.

Oh and Bret, just f**k off. Also, learn how to say your name. No it isn't said how you say it because whichever retard from your family first incorrectly said Faaaaaarve was wrong and/or ignorant and it will always be wrong. You're just trying to continue the legacy of ignorance AND I WILL NOT STAND FOR IT!

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the 2009 season:

BrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrett

FarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarve

BrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettF

avreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavre

BrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrett

FavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavre

MichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichael

VickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVick

BrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrett

FavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavre

JayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJay

CutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutler

BrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrett

FarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarve

BrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrett

FavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutler &ct.

A diva, a crybaby and a labradildo. Sometimes I hate the NFL.

Gonna be a long year.

BrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettF

avreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavre

BrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrett

FavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavre

MichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichael

VickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVick

BrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrett

FavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavre

JayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJay

CutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutler

BrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrettFavreBrettFavreMichaelVickBrettFavreJayCutlerBrettFarveBrett

Gonna be a long year.

Ugh. Thankfully I barely watch ESPN, predominately due to this kind of thing.

I'll be at the Vikings game this year in Minneapolis, so I will be happy to see him add to his INT record in a loss to our Bengals !!!

Hey Army maybe a fan will run out and take the ball from him like the last time he played in Cincy with the Packers. What a Dunbass look he had on his face. LoL

Oh and Bret, just f**k off. Also, learn how to say your name. No it isn't said how you say it because whichever retard from your family first incorrectly said Faaaaaarve was wrong and/or ignorant and it will always be wrong. You're just trying to continue the legacy of ignorance AND I WILL NOT STAND FOR IT!

12million dollars for 6months of work doesn't seem to bad to me... :P ignorant ones would be the ones paying him 12million dollars.

TO START: I really think Brett should have retired as a Packer and think he was/is one of (if not THE) best QB ever.

That being said, I actually listened to his press conference yesterday and when asked what he thought about people that were getting sick of him not being able to make up his mind, he simply said, "Don't watch". I found that response pretty amusing personally and after listening to him talk, if he still has the desire to play and a team is willing to have him, why not ?? I don't have to agree wholeheartedly, but he said something else that I found intriguing. He was asked what he thought about people saying he was ruining his legacy as a QB. He responded by saying, "It's mine" and basically what he did was on him and no one else. I can respect that.

Now, what I hate, as eluded to by Hoosier, is that all the media talks about is Favre. You can't turn on a sports show without hearing about it nonstop. That's what I could do without for this whole football season, but I know it won't be that way.

12million dollars for 6months of work doesn't seem to bad to me... :P ignorant ones would be the ones paying him 12million dollars.

That the Vikings are ignant does not excuse his nib's ignance. SO MUCH IGNANCE! 12M - have mercy.

/trembles with rage

If he was still playing, without having retired TWICE, I wouldn't have a problem with him. But every year for the last 4 or 5 years we've all "hung in the balance" waiting for the annual "Favre Retirement Watch" to end. I'm sick of hearing about him. If he wants to play then play, but don't screw over a bunch of teams by retiring and then unretiring. He's done it to the Packers and the Jets each of the last two years. In my book, that makes him an a**h***. When he did the Packers the way he did I lost all respect for him. He stuck it to the franchise and fan base that made him a football god.

I'll be glad when he's finally gone. I hope he sucks ass this year and the Vikings fail miserably. They would've done fine with Rosenfels at the helm.

If he was still playing, without having retired TWICE, I wouldn't have a problem with him. But every year for the last 4 or 5 years we've all "hung in the balance" waiting for the annual "Favre Retirement Watch" to end. I'm sick of hearing about him. If he wants to play then play, but don't screw over a bunch of teams by retiring and then unretiring. He's done it to the Packers and the Jets each of the last two years. In my book, that makes him an a**h***. When he did the Packers the way he did I lost all respect for him. He stuck it to the franchise and fan base that made him a football god.

I'll be glad when he's finally gone. I hope he sucks ass this year and the Vikings fail miserably. They would've done fine with Rosenfels at the helm.

I also get the whole "I'm retired", "No I'm not" issue and I share that as well. Either play or hang'em up. If you don't know, WAIT and then make your decision. However, while the Green Bay fans loved him while he was there and I think most still do, there were two players in that mix and the Packers front office was an equal part to why he left, so I can't place the whole blame on him. As for the Jets, they knew what they were getting themselves into when they threw themselves into the mix and it should have come as no suprise, so I have little to offer them. Honestly, I think the only person he hurts is himself, but like he said yesterday, that's for him to deal with. I tend to agree with him in that regard.

I do feel for the fans that have been waiting for him or the team's management to make decisions though.

Gonna be a long year.

You forgot to add in one or two TonyRomos and TOs. They may be on the backburner, but they ain't gone.

No wonder Fredo can't get no love outside of Twitter.

I also get the whole "I'm retired", "No I'm not" issue and I share that as well. Either play or hang'em up. If you don't know, WAIT and then make your decision. However, while the Green Bay fans loved him while he was there and I think most still do, there were two players in that mix and the Packers front office was an equal part to why he left, so I can't place the whole blame on him. As for the Jets, they knew what they were getting themselves into when they threw themselves into the mix and it should have come as no suprise, so I have little to offer them. Honestly, I think the only person he hurts is himself, but like he said yesterday, that's for him to deal with. I tend to agree with him in that regard.

I do feel for the fans that have been waiting for him or the team's management to make decisions though.

There were two players in the Green Bay thing, but the blame is still on Favre. He retired and the Packers moved on. They made Rodgers their starting QB and went through minicamps and started training camp and then Favre "all of the sudden" unretires? WTF? That totally screwed the Packers. I don't blame them for not wanted him back. They offered to let him come back but as a backup and Favre would have none of it. I still put all the blame on Favre here.

Either way, it's getting old. He's getting old. And to paraphrase you, Army: f**k BRETT FAVRE!!!

There were two players in the Green Bay thing, but the blame is still on Favre. He retired and the Packers moved on. They made Rodgers their starting QB and went through minicamps and started training camp and then Favre "all of the sudden" unretires? WTF? That totally screwed the Packers. I don't blame them for not wanted him back. They offered to let him come back but as a backup and Favre would have none of it. I still put all the blame on Favre here.

Either way, it's getting old. He's getting old. And to paraphrase you, Army: f**k BRETT FAVRE!!!

Fair enough I suppose and nice paraphrase there !!!

I brought up Jackson's situation there in the Palmer thread in the Bengals forum...