Play of the game - Whitworth fumble recovery

walzav29

I think this showed the attitude change that was needed. I love this teams personality. There is NO WAY Levi would have hustled down like that. This year is going to be great. I though they looked rusty, and Palmer should have after so much time off. The new personality of this team will playoff. With Smith and Rey that should help the depth. Another corner is needed. Very encouraged.

It was nice for sure. Even nicer it was first stringers on the field for the play, not the guys on the cusp busting a gut to stay in the squad. Caldwell showed some jets to run him down from quite a way back and the for a built for comfort, not speed guy like Whit to come up with the recovery - kudos.

I liked both Caldwell and Whit's hustle on that play. I liked the way the D, in the person of Crocker, immediately delivered a payback hit after Sharper hammered Coles. I liked Chad fighting for big YAC. I liked Palmer staying in on a bum ankle.

In short, I liked how the team came to play. I remember one preseason game several years back (LeBeau era, IIRC) against Chicago in which the Bengals just got debacled, and afterwards Bengal players were basically crying in the press about those mean old Bears and how they were doing stunts and blitzes and it was just supposed to be preseason and the coaches hadn't installed all the protection packages wah wah wah.

Much better attitude and performance last night.

Whit did a nice job last night all around, and that fumble recovery was incredible for an olineman. But, I also gotta credit Fredo on his big catch. He didn't shoot straight for the sideline. He evaded the initial tackle, hustled and straddled the sideline very well and really tried to get to the promised land.

i think we might have a very very good thing brewing on D.

"Very, very? I just don't see enough depth to support that.

Agreed. Just don't let Hall, Joseph and Crocker get hurt.

If either Hall OR Joseph get hurt, they're in big trouble. There's literally no NFL caliber 3rd CB on this team. But that is why they are the Bengals, and not a team that wins more often.

The defense played about where we expected. The offense has some blocking issues. This was all expected, and it's just a matter of finding out if those weak areas they failed to address in the off-season, can keep them from a winning season and the playoffs, or not, I guess.

Coles & Caldwell made Awesome plays to stop the TD/Fumble...But Another big Shout out for whitworth who thundered down the field and didn't give up...I noticed alot times on turnovers Olinemen just jog Whitworth was going full steam and this is a preseason game even!

Dammit. I missed that one. I didn't have my Justin.tv link up in time out here in Arizona.

you missed a awesome hit.

i think we might have a very very good thing brewing on D.

"Very, very? I just don't see enough depth to support that.

Agreed. Just don't let Hall, Joseph and Crocker get hurt.

guys it was our backup safeties who missed their assignments and gave up the big passing plays. ndukewe got caught looking in the backfield on the long td play. white got burned by shockey, and lynch same as ndukewe. the bengals were playing 2 deep zone on lynch and ndukewe plays, the corners released the wr and the safeties never picked them up, that is the safties fault. except the rookie from that team up north, now he got toasted. jones should be ready by the start of the season and he will be a our 3rd corner.

Edited by cincy9275

i think the bengals D can handle losing one of the starters. if we get down 2-3 starters any where one D we are going to be hurting, as would any NFL team. i hope we never have to see any combination of fletcher or pope, trent, ndukwe, white and lynch on the field at the same time besides preseason. the again the saint were kind of cheap in that game, leaving in their starters to play against back ups. then playing most of the second half with a 17 year vet against guys who very likely to get cut or be p.s players.

Why the hell don't we use the money we threw at Mike Vick and go and sign a 3rd Corner? The Raiders just signed Manning so I know their is still talent out there. What is the hold up?

My guess is that there are some guys they like who they think will get caught up in a numbers game elsewhere. I look for them to sign a couple guys, maybe a corner and a tight end, once roster cutdowns start.