What AFCN team would you want to win the Super Bowl ??

This was a question asked of AFCN fans recently on ESPN and James Walker's blog and I thought it may stir some conversation here.

My answer is the Ravens and here is my thought process on this...

Once upon a time in the early 70's when I started going to games with my Dad, we would go to the other division games on the road and you would see the fans of the other division opponents come here. Back then things seemed more friendly and while there was always the expected ribbing, you didn't see fights or fans being complete assh*les. To tell you the truth, even the profanity was less back then as compared to going to see a game these days. Back then, I would always root for the AFC Central teams without much thought. I don't do that anymore... Why ??

The fans. The fans have become bigger idiots than I can ever remember. I mentioned it when I made it home for the Chiefs game last season and there was a Bengals fan that just tackled a Chiefs fan right into the seats, linebacker style. That sh*t wasn't funny, it was an assh*le thing to do and a big reason I wouldn't go see a game in any of our division opponents stadiums. Outside of that aspect, here are my other thoughts. The Steelers have won 6 now, so they could stand to take a year off of winning. The Browns are the Browns and I just can't stand that team, so the hate factor makes that an impossibility for me. Sure the Ravens have won the Super Bowl, but there is just something about that defense that I have always respected and they are the team I hate the least.

So, who would you want to win the Super Bowl if the Bengals couldn't ?? Yes, it has to be an AFCN team...

Have to agree with both the above posts. The Ravens are dirty rat-birds, but they are a quality team, they hate the Steelers as much as we do, and I wouldn't root for the Browns in a game against a high school team. In fact, when the Steelers play the Turds, I consider that a non-existent game, only justified as a game if the ground opens up, swallows both teams, thus ending the game in a tie.

That's like asking how you want to be killed!

Probably

1. Browns

I worked in NEO for a few years and still have friends there. Also, even though it is the Browns v2.0, I still have some allegiance to the fact that Paul Brown founded this franchise.

2. Ravens

Process of elimination. They are also Browns V1.0.

3. Steelers

I think I would have a lot more respect for their team and their accomplishments if their

fans weren't so ____________ (fill in the blank) and some of their players (past and present)

weren't such ________________ (fill in the blank).

Lord almighty. I guess I'd too have to say the Rats. The Browns are in the NFL to be smacked around and made fun of. The Stealers* and their fans can all drop the f**k dead for all I care.

This wasn't my original thought here, as I brought it over from the ESPN side of things, but I found it interesting and thought it would stir some conversation.

It's certainly a loaded question and as I mentioned before, I no longer root for ANY of the AFCN teams the way I use to. I simply don't ever want them to win ANYTHING.

But the question still stands...

As for how I want to be killed, I'll take a bullet to the dome. Anything else would probably be longer and more painful...

This wasn't my original thought here, as I brought it over from the ESPN side of things, but I found it interesting and thought it would stir some conversation.

It's certainly a loaded question and as I mentioned before, I no longer root for ANY of the AFCN teams the way I use to. I simply don't ever want them to win ANYTHING.

But the question still stands...

As for how I want to be killed, I'll take a bullet to the dome. Anything else would probably be longer and more painful...

Yeah, I'd actually root for ANY NFC team against one of our division rivals in the Super Bowl. Well, maybe not the Cowboys. I guess I'd root Cowboys over Steelers, Ravens over Cowboys, ground opening up and swallowing Cowboys against Browns.

As for as how I want to be killed, as opposed to just die, I gotta go same. Or a car wreck if death is instantaneous.

I at least respect the Steelers, so I would say the Steelers.

I deeply dislike the Browns, so I can NEVER root for them.

The Ravens....well, are just the Ravens.

The Steelers have been the model of consistency and you have to respect how they have conducted their business, 4 coaches in 40 years, consistent winners, best drafters in the NFL for the history of the draft because they have a plan and follow it. I don't like them but I respect them.

Wow, you guys are some shady hating bastards, at least Bengal Billy has his heart in the right place. I would root for you guys to win the super bowl if you made it, I didn't realize you guys hated the Browns that much. f**k the Ravens. You always root for the AFC to win the Superbowl unless of course the Ravens or Steelers are in it, my god, what a bunch of phonies.

I actually have a soft spot for the Browns. At least the current Browns. The franchise that is now the Ravens I have never liked simply because of the way Art Modell did Paul Brown and then ditched the entire city of Cleveland in 95. I felt bad for Cleveland fans because they are a loyal group and they had their team taken away and replaced with an expansion team.

I simply can't stand the Steelers. Their fans are arrogant, annoying, and stupid. Four of their six Superbowl trophies were tainted with steroid use. I just don't like them. I actually admire the way the franchise is run. They draft well. They don't overpay for free agents and when they do lose someone they never have a problem with someone stepping in and filling their role capably. But their fans totally ruin the team.

So, given all of the above, I would have to root for the Browns IF the Bengals couldn't make it.

If the Art Modell hadn't screwed Paul Brown over, the Bengals wouldn't exist, and I'd likely be a Browns fan (at least they are in Ohio).

It's a rivalry because of proximity, but because of the Ohio connection I'd prefer the Browns over the other two options.

I feel like a lot of hatred for the Browns is because misery loves company. If the Browns won the Superbowl, then the Bengals would be alone in the AFCN as the one team to never acheive anything of note. That's not a good enough reason for me, even though I understand it.

I hate the Briwns because of the rivalry, but not nearly as much as the Steelers, and the Ravens just seem like pieces of s**t. They always have.

I always root for the AFC in SB's except when the Steelers are in it so they would be last on my list, seeing that I wanted the Ravens to beat the Steelers last year in the championship game you have my answer...

• 2 weeks later...

The RAVENS?

The f'n dirtybird Ravens led by the "acquitted" murderer?

The Ravens... unreal.

AT least pick someone outside the AFC North.

Pick the Texans, for example,, perhaps because they have never even been to the playoffs, or even had a winning record. But they are on back to back "non-losing" seasons. Only Bengals fans know the difference between a losing record and a "non-winning" record without even having to think about it. So we should be able to relate to the Texans.

But the Ravens?

For shame... For shame...

The RAVENS?

The f'n dirtybird Ravens led by the "acquitted" murderer?

The Ravens... unreal.

Pick the Texans, for example,, perhaps because they have never even been to the playoffs, or even had a winning record. But they are on back to back "non-losing" seasons. Only Bengals fans know the difference between a losing record and a "non-winning" record without even having to think about it. So we should be able to relate to the Texans.

But the Ravens?

For shame... For shame...

Read the title post again Momabear, stupidity just oozes from your posts.

You sure you wanna put your IQ score up against Army's? At least he can follow directions. I suggest you read the title of the thread again. And you wonder why people call you stupid.

You sure you wanna put your IQ score up against Army's? At least he can follow directions. I suggest you read the title of the thread again. And you wonder why people call you stupid.

First he mistakenly writes about Alex's sister having cancer, and now he completely misses the core point of a thread?

I guess MommaBearCat must have reading comprehension problems that couldn't be corrected in military school, ehh?

lol got me there.

Still, I could never gush over the Ravens like I have just read.

Some serious man love there... :)

Also, if it was a race to reply to this thread after you realized I missed the "North" part, whose junk goes up whose at the finish line?

I'm thinking ArmyBengal penetrates the rest of you while HOF rubs one out in the corner. Tell me I'm wrong.

lol got me there.

Like that's the first time....

Still, I could never gush over the Ravens like I have just read.

There was no gushing. He said he rooted for the Ravens to win over the Steelers. That's called picking your poison, not gushing.

Some serious man love there... :)

I'll defer that to you since that seems to be your only area of expertise.

Also, if it was a race to reply to this thread after you realized I missed the "North" part, whose junk goes up whose at the finish line?

I'm thinking ArmyBengal penetrates the rest of you while HOF rubs one out in the corner. Tell me I'm wrong.

I'm sure you're salivating at the thought. Dreams give us hope, don't they? But I'll take pleasure in dashing your dreams. You are the only one out of the closet here, so your little fantasy will never happen.

lol got me there.

You couldn't have just left it at that and been done huh ??

Had you done that, no one else would have said much of anything as we have all missed something simple like that.

The difference is, you have to come back and continue being the way you always are.

Still don't get it do you ??