The Forum has been upgraded.

Hey! Why is this thing blue? Don't you know the team colors are black and orange!?

Just kidding. I think the new forum looks great and so far seems easier to use and read. Thank you, Terry. I know you spent a lot of time and planning on this (probably a little cash as well). We knuckleheads that have very little to do but hang on here all day (and we know who we are :)) greatly appreciate this.

Looks good so far and definitely appreciate the continued effort put into this board for us with nothing better to do with time !!!

On a side note:

If any forum member comes across something that appears to be an issue, please PM one of the mods to bring it to our attention. Thanks alot !!!

Is there an "unread posts" feature in this new software?

Yes. In the upper right hand corner under the search bar is an option for "View New Content".

Or if there is a little icon of paper with an arrow on it next to the topic title, that should take you to any unread posts in that thread, or it least that's my experience is showing me thusly.

Thanks, but ---

The "view New Content" button returns results that are not sorted by date/time of most recent update

Ie you get a list of new content, but the newest item is not the first item, the second newest item is not the second newest, etc

True enough.

It's irrelevant for my needs, though. After sorting through all the new posts, I always click "Mark Board as Read". So, when I click on "View New Content", I'm interested in seeing all of it, regardless of which thread is the most current.

That said, I am curious as to how it's sorted.

Thanks, but ---

The "view New Content" button returns results that are not sorted by date/time of most recent update

Ie you get a list of new content, but the newest item is not the first item, the second newest item is not the second newest, etc

True enough.

It's irrelevant for my needs, though. After sorting through all the new posts, I always click "Mark Board as Read". So, when I click on "View New Content", I'm interested in seeing all of it, regardless of which thread is the most current.

That said, I am curious as to how it's sorted.

What i've found to this point is, I don't have to click the "Mark Board as Read" button as the board seems to be doing that if you just click back to whatever forum or the main page, all on its own. That's a nice addition as well. That and the highlighting the responses when you reply directly to someone as I have here.

so is the sort going to be fixed, or is this not considered an issue?

the way I previously got into this forum was through a link to latest posts, that limited my view only to those threads that had been updated since I last logged in.

We seem to have lost that functionality at this early point - and again, if I am wrong, np, correct me.

the way I previously got into this forum was through a link to latest posts, that limited my view only to those threads that had been updated since I last logged in.

We seem to have lost that functionality at this early point - and again, if I am wrong, np, correct me.

TJ, the issue has been brought up and they are trying to work out some of the bugs (so to speak). We'll let you know the final say when we get it.

Thanks for letting us know !!!

That's exactly what I do, and it still works just as it did with the old software.

It also appears to be sorting by newest posts to oldest. Not sure why it wasn't happening earlier.

That's exactly what I do, and it still works just as it did with the old software.

It also appears to be sorting by newest posts to oldest. Not sure why it wasn't happening earlier.

This thread is not appearing in the "view New Content' list - and this thread definitely should be appearing

This thread is not appearing in the "view New Content' list - and this thread definitely should be appearing

I'm not sure what to tell you. It's showing up for me. Did you click "Mark Board as Read" at the bottom? If not, try that to see if it kind of refreshes things and gets it working properly. Like I said, I always make a point to do that after I've read everything I'm interested in.

Attaching a pic to show that I'm not making it up :P

post-313-124595086695_thumb.jpg

after flushing my cookies and re-logging in, the only thread that shows up with updates today in the "view new content" list is the reds-Bluejays thread.

Everything else listed is from yesterday or older

and there are definitely other threads that have newer updates, including (but not limited to) this one

so this is definitely not working right for me

Not to bitch - I love BZ Forums - just hoping I can help work through the problem as i suspect I will not be the only one

If it helps - OS is XP, Browser is Firefox 3.0.11

after flushing my cookies and re-logging in, the only thread that shows up with updates today in the "view new content" list is the reds-Bluejays thread.

and there are definitely other threads that have newer updates, including (but not limited to) this one

Not to bitch - I love BZ Forums - just hoping I can help work through the problem as i suspect I will not be the only one

That's where I'm confused. If the Reds-Blue Jays thread is the only one that's been updated, then it's the only thread that should show up. Can you take a screen shot similar to the one I posted?

I've tried to reproduce your issue with older topics showing up in view new content. Once I hit the "Mark Forum as Read" link at the bottom of the page, everything was removed.

Also the new board is different than the last in regards to viewing latest content. The old way it would still show this thread on it even if you'd viewed it, it would just eliminate the new post icon. The new way will completely remove the link to the topic under the view new content if you have viewed the content since latest post. I hope that makes sense.