Bernard Scott

TJJackson

DeDe's going to be fighting for his NFL life in a few short weeks. Does anyone feel like Leonard is a "lock" for the backup RB spot?

Personally, I do not.

If Fui shows he can handle the rock in camp, I think Leonard will be out the door, especially with reports I've read stating that Jeremi is in pretty good shape right now.

especially with reports I've read stating that Jeremi is in pretty good shape right now.

Where did you read that?!?!? I just read on the .com yesterday that he hasn't even seen the field yet because he's had to work with nothing but the trainers. I personally don't think Jeremi makes the team this year. Surely, someone will emerge from the group of FB's we have that will be more reliable than Johnson.

especially with reports I've read stating that Jeremi is in pretty good shape right now.

Where did you read that?!?!? I just read on the .com yesterday that he hasn't even seen the field yet because he's had to work with nothing but the trainers. I personally don't think Jeremi makes the team this year. Surely, someone will emerge from the group of FB's we have that will be more reliable than Johnson.

If Jeremi is in good shape, he can still be a very good FB for us. I just hate always wondering if he fell off the deep end and landed in a mountain sized pile of Twinkies. He's been unreliable in that aspect and I would hate to lose some of the other guys only to have him eat his way off the team.

Bernard Scott is going to make this team as it appears right now, but it should prove to be one hell of a camp battle !!!

We'll I'm hoping Chris Pressley wins out myself though I wouldn't mind keeping him and Fui....

DeDe's going to be fighting for his NFL life in a few short weeks

-Ya well hopefully he can stay healthy because personally I think Bernard is going to beat him out for the small speedy back roll.

Does anyone feel like Leonard is a "lock" for the backup RB spot?

I think he has pretty good chance and I don't feel he'll be beat out...he's a great blocker,a Good runner & he can catch..I think he'll earn the Kenny Watson Role and Bernard will be the explosive change of pace running back we been looking for.

Scott makes this team unless injured, a la Ki-Jana or Irons.

DeDe could also make this team, as we have a solid bell-cow back in Benson. Leonard better show some amazing hands and blocking ability, as that is all he'll be asked to do.

I think Kenny Watson goes the way of Thornton. A good guy and sometimes adequate player but now older and facing young, cheap players who have similar, if not better, skills.

Scott could be a real difference maker...just want to see him in live action against NFL speed...he could use 15 pounds of muscle as well.

Leonard better show some amazing hands and blocking ability, as that is all he'll be asked to do.

Yep... and he's already shown that he has that ability in the NFL.

Scott could be a real difference maker...just want to see him in live action against NFL speed...he could use 15 pounds of muscle as well.

Yeah, he could put on some more weight for sure. I'm still not sure how they plan to use him though. It sounds like he'll be able to contribute to ST's which will certainly help the team. He might be a change of pace back to keep Benson's legs fresh while Leonard will be primarily a 3rd down back. It will depend entirely on how much Scott's natural ability translates to the NFL game.

Regardless, this RB corps the Bengals have right now is definitely boom or bust - and the potential they all have is the highest in recent memory. Let's just hope they live up to it... because none of them are truly proven. They all just have loads of talent that we all want to see in action. I suspect most fans would be quite content if they ended up living up to half of their potential.

i think we'll be keeping benson, leonard, scott at HB, with vakapuna and johnson taking over FB duties.

Agreed, except for keeping Johnson. The Bengals normally only keep one FB on the roster, and I seriously doubt it will be Johnson. He's had too many weight issues and I think Marvin's tired of fighting with him about it.

I believe that it is the hope of the coaching staff that Leonard (yeah, I have the right name this time) will become the backup at both RB and FB

In which case yeah, you need only keep 4 RBs - 2 RB, 1 FB, and Leonard

You'd only keep a fifth RB in this case if one of the remaining RB/FBs is absolutely stellar on special teams, in which case you can't keep as many WRs