Five questions for OTAs

Agree wholeheartedly on RB's. That looks like an interesting scrum and I really hope that a couple of them step up and take the 2 backup jobs on merit rather than injuries to the others for a change.

The other position that intrigues me is LB. I'm wondering if they're going to continue with the Rey SSLB experiment and how that works out. I like Dhani and think the d is more stable (at least for now) with him in the middle. His quickness was a benefit last season and, despite age, I think he's filling the middle well.

That really ugly guy who wrote that piece forgot to include Bernard Scott

Barring injury, I think he will be the bright spot offensively for camp this year

On the previous comment, I want to see them keep Rey at MLB....SILB on 3-4 looks

Me too, keep Rey at MLB damnit. Why would you go with Jones over Rey??

Good work Greg...

Barring injury, I think he will be the bright spot offensively for camp this year

On the previous comment, I want to see them keep Rey at MLB....SILB on 3-4 looks

Yeah, I've been meaning to change that pic...

And you're right, I did forget Scott, unintentionally. It'll be a good fight. I like the looks of the RB competition this year. Lot of hungry guys there.

Good work Greg...

Thank you, greenie.

FWIW, I talk to my brother daily. :)

Good work Greg...

I am concerned with Rey's coverage ability and the fact that - with what essentially amounts to 2 rookies in that corps already - a veteran to stabilize it and call the plays would be important. I know everybody says Rey can cover and that he called all the formations at USC, I just don't believe it. I could be wrong, but I think he probably benefits from time to adjust and a more limited list of things to think about and can play more instinctively and, thus, provide a better impact at SS at the beginning of the season.

If they cannot stay injury free then the next question is do they have enough depth.

QB - of course not but then again few teams do

RB - feel good about our depth

WR - see RB

TE - Great Depth IMHO

OT - issues here because our depth will have to come from weakening other positions on the line

OG - same as Tackle

C - Question is do we have one starter caliber, we should have a bunch of guys but can anyone actually play

DE - Great Depth with Johnson in the fold

DT - for the first time I can remember a Bengals Defense has acceptable depth at this position

OLB - Good depth

MLB - Good depth if Maualuga can play

S - Best Depth I can remember

CB - BIG issue here, outside the rookie and David Jones we have lack of starter caliber talent

That really ugly guy who wrote that piece forgot to include Bernard Scott...

I wouldn't say Greg is ugly, but yeah....that is an unfortunate expression he's wearing in his picture. It sorta looks like he swallowed a fart. Then again, that's the expression most people have on their faces after meeting me so maybe farts have nothing to do with it.

BTW, I read Greg's bio and it mentions how he's been a reporter at Bengalzone.com for 4 years. That got me wondering about what it is we actually do here, and how it should be classified.

Am I a reporter? :lol:

That really ugly guy who wrote that piece forgot to include Bernard Scott...

I wouldn't say Greg is ugly, but yeah....that is an unfortunate expression he's wearing in his picture. It sorta looks like he swallowed a fart. Then again, that's the expression most people have on their faces after meeting me so maybe farts have nothing to do with it.

BTW, I read Greg's bio and it mentions how he's been a reporter at Bengalzone.com for 4 years. That got me wondering about what it is we actually do here, and how it should be classified.

Am I a reporter? :lol:

No, actually I said I've written on NFL for (was it four years?) for sites SUCH AS this one, which I've written a few articles for our faithful here. I wrote game previews and reviews for profootballnet.com for three years before it went tits up last year, though. I loved that site.

But, yeah, swallowing a fart is a decent way of putting it. Actually, if I could caption that pic, it'd be, 'Man, I feel a 'Hair' coming on!'

LOL

Am I a reporter?

Are you sure you want to open yourself to folks deciding what you are, Hair?

I have a gut feeling that the answers will suggest some alternate roles, none of them particularly, uhm, flattering :-)

I doubt anything anyone would say would actually bother him though.