If you want to rah-rah...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't understand . . .

It is to keep posters on both ends of the extreme from kitty-littering all over the threads.

You're a good poster here so you won't notice any difference.

Over at Redszone for example, they have a thread called If the Reds win, feel good here." That is not to keep fans from showing optimism in other threads. It is to keep all the blind optimism threads with no basis in fact or discussion from littering the board. Try it. Go there and start a thread called "Dude, the Reds f'n pwn the Cardinals!!!" and see where it ends up. And this is after we just took 2 out of 3 from the Cardinals I might add.

Its more directed at the "which difference maker do you think the Bengals will sign in free agency" or "will this be a top 10 defense?" kind of poster, which in turn makes certain other posters remind them of some basic facts that many other posters do not like to be reminded of.

This thread will die like all the rest but it coveys the sentiment of where the true broken record repetition truly stems from. Point being, you can't have an soP bash without a blind homer there to start some annoying thread title like "Bengals ranked 30th in power rankings, somebody must be bribing this guy ".

To review: No "We pwn Pissburgh" threads = no more "yeah right, who owns this f'n team again and what's his f'n track record again?" responses... ;) The thread should simply be moved here where it belongs, with the other nonsense, and it strengthens the board as a result.

Its more directed at the "which difference maker do you think the Bengals will sign in free agency" or "will this be a top 10 defense?" kind of poster,

Yeah, God forbid a someone on a fan message board post something optimistic about their team.

Understand that everyone? If you're a fan of the Cincinnati Bengals, don't think you're going to come in here and post something that might actually reflect any confidence in the organization.

After all, this is a Cincinnati Bengals message board. If you want to say something good about an organization, follow Bearcat's example and tell us all how great the Steelers are.

The Bengals will be winning the division this year, the team has filled every major hole, I liked that Bernard Scott was impressed with Rey and Smith. Palmer is 100% and this team is gonna roll!

I'm optimistic, but I think your Kool-Aid is spiked.

The Bengals will be winning the division this year, the team has filled every major hole, I liked that Bernard Scott was impressed with Rey and Smith. Palmer is 100% and this team is gonna roll!

I'm optimistic, but I think your Kool-Aid is spiked.

Yeah, it is, but that's EXACTLY what 'rah-rah' is (I forget who asked earlier), so it's all good.

I love what the team has done to this point, but understand the players they have gotten through the draft and free agency have yet to do a d*mn thing for the Bengals and everything to this point in time is "HOPE". Here's to hoping the "HOPE" turns into a playoff run this year. Sadly, I'm still thinking 8-8...

Sorry, that's all the Rah Rah I have. Must be Mike Brown's fault... <_<

Must be Mike Brown's fault... <_<

I loved all of the positive reactions during the draft and the subsequent signings of Roy & Brian . . . if there was a recurring theme, it can be summed up as "Mikey must be asleep, kidnapped, or locked in a closet". 20 years of history definitely can make an impression.

Rah-rah #1: So hears to more sleeping pills, no ransom, or throwing away the key !!!

Rah-rah #2: If the offensive line can gel early, I can see us making the playoffs . . . our first 2 opponents are just learning the 3 - 4 defense, followed by a 3 week trip through the 3 -4 AFC North.

U guys are acting if the Bengals didn't win in 2005. OT's have a pretty easy transistion to the Pro's compared to a QB or DT. Look at the Dolphins last year. 1-15 to 11-5. Pittsburgh has to go through the season with that target on their back. It's not that easy.

U guys are acting if the Bengals didn't win in 2005. OT's have a pretty easy transistion to the Pro's compared to a QB or DT. Look at the Dolphins last year. 1-15 to 11-5. Pittsburgh has to go through the season with that target on their back. It's not that easy.

Don't get me wrong, I hope you're right. I just don't see a turn around that fast. Their schedule is weaker this year and they've made great additions. But they also still have Ocho Noshow on the team still to distabilize any winning environment that will be created. The offensive line should be better, but we just don't know. We'll have three new starters on the line this year. How will they gel? Can they protect Carson and make holes for Cedric? We just don't know right now.

But on paper, we're a playoff team.

As Bengal fans we've seen the Bengals finish last and go to 2 Super Bowls the next season. I just believe that the O-line will be alot better, the young guys are getting more mature, the schedule is a little friendlier, the Ravens had some losses and Flacco will have a tougher time because teams will be aware of him, the Steelers will have teams gunning for them, and they haven't fixed that o-line.

As Bengal fans we've seen the Bengals finish last and go to 2 Super Bowls the next season. I just believe that the O-line will be alot better, the young guys are getting more mature, the schedule is a little friendlier, the Ravens had some losses and Flacco will have a tougher time because teams will be aware of him, the Steelers will have teams gunning for them, and they haven't fixed that o-line.

I'm still wondering where all the love for Flacco with the media came from, I understand the Matt Ryan affection but Flacco played the Trent Dilfer role last year. He was not winning games with his arm but he was playing just good enough not to take them out of games. I guess because he was a rookie doing what it took seven years for Trent Dilfer to do was impressive in that aspect, but the media is grouping him with Matt Ryan like he was handling stuff last year. I say gang up on that run game and make him beat you this year on his shoulders and I would love the Bengals odds in that game.

I'm still wondering where all the love for Flacco with the media came from, I understand the Matt Ryan affection but Flacco played the Trent Dilfer role last year. He was not winning games with his arm but he was playing just good enough not to take them out of games. I guess because he was a rookie doing what it took seven years for Trent Dilfer to do was impressive in that aspect, but the media is grouping him with Matt Ryan like he was handling stuff last year. I say gang up on that run game and make him beat you this year on his shoulders and I would love the Bengals odds in that game.

That's the truth. QBs get too much credit for W/L sometimes. When you've got a stout running game and defense, it doesn't take much. Kind of how my head explodes when the talking heads say that Kyle Orton led the Bears to the Super Bowl. No...they drug his sorry ass there with defense.

Of course, as we proved last year, Flacco can beat you with his legs, too. Got to be the worst play of all last year.

2005 was 4 years ago.

"I see better than I hear." -Marvin Lewis

2005 was 4 years ago.

2005 was ancient history and therefore not worthy of consideration?

That's funny, because you sure mention the losing records that came before 2005 an awful lot.

2005 was 4 years ago.

That's funny, because you sure mention the losing records that came before 2005 an awful lot.

Nope. But the 4 that came after 2005 are certainly applicable.

Nice try though.

2005 was 4 years ago.

Nope. But the 4 that came after 2005 are certainly applicable.

Nice try though.

2005 was 3 years ago. The Bengals went 8-8 in '06, 7-9 in '07, and 4-11-1 in '08.

That is 2 losing seasons since '05, not 4... and last year was a clear rebuilding year.

"Nice try though."

2005 was 3 years ago. The Bengals went 8-8 in '06, 7-9 in '07, and 4-11-1 in '08.

That is 2 losing seasons since '05, not 4...

Actually that is 3 non-winning seasons since 05, not 4. But its true, I stand corrected.

and last year was a clear rebuilding year.

"Nice try though."

Last year turned into a rebuilding year because the Bengals did not address the glaring holes on the oline during the offseason and Carson got killed because of it.

This season we start a rookie at LT and a rookie or 2nd year man with no experience at Center. These are the two most important positions on the oline as far as protecting Palmer. The LT protects his blind side and the C calls out the blitz pickups. And we will basically have 2 rookies starting there. Whether the Bengals had any options this offseason to upgrade the oline is debatable. But nothing was done, outside of the draft. That cannot be argued (rationally).

In my opinion that makes for another short year for Carson. Hope I'm wrong though.

Last year turned into a rebuilding year because the Bengals did not address the glaring holes on the oline during the offseason and Carson got killed because of it.

This season we start a rookie at LT and a rookie or 2nd year man with no experience at Center. These are the two most important positions on the oline as far as protecting Palmer. The LT protects his blind side and the C calls out the blitz pickups. And we will basically have 2 rookies starting there. Whether the Bengals had any options this offseason to upgrade the oline is debatable. But nothing was done, outside of the draft. That cannot be argued (rationally).

In my opinion that makes for another short year for Carson. Hope I'm wrong though.

last year they did nothing in the offseason to improve the o-line.

Got it.

This year they drafted 2 guys that project as starters.

Okay.

This year is just as bad as last year.

Okay.....wait a minute......what ???

I love your comment that "nothing was done, outside of the draft." For a team that has consistently professed the philosophy that you build through the draft, especially for the most important positions, your comment sounds a lot like "nothing was done-except everything."

While there is a grain of truth to much of what you have to say, it's these particular nuggets that stand out to me. I mean, they clearly brought in a number of free agents, they just did so at positions you didn't prefer. It's fair to say you can't expect rookies to come in and play at the highest level right away, but it's not really fair to say that there were FA's who would come in and play at the highest level at these positions either.