All things Ocho

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fredo?

Chad is following a pattern started long ago in Bengaldom.

If Chad is Fredo, then he is just the next in line of a bunch of other "Fredos."

Dillon

By the way, had this board been around for the Dillon departure, yeah, he'd gotten the 'Fredo' treatment. I understand he was tired of the losing culture, but you throw your Bengals jersey in the crowd and essentially give us the finger on the way out the door--yep, Fredo.

This isn't a fickle fan comment, as I've bled Orange through good and bad. It's a 'I'm tired of this clown' comment. You can join agreen in defending this turd, but history doesn't lie.

I wanted Chad gone 2 years ago. I still think he is nothing but bad for the team. So I am with you there.

But where we part ways in opinion is I believe that everybody has their breaking point, and that Chad's was at Halftime in that playoff game. He lost his s**t that day. And that was the last you ever heard of "hard working Chad sleeping on the couch at PBS so he has more time to watch film."

That was the point when he quit trying. And I don't condone his behavior. In fact, I think it sucks because it makes the Bengals worse for it. But we all know why, because we have seen so many before him reach the same breaking point.

Its kind of like working for a s**tty boss. You might come in there, guns-a-blazing. But after a few years of noticing even the boss doesn't seem to be giving 100 percent...well, its all downhill from there.

Now, you can talk about results and that is fine for another topic, but take Jerry Jones for example. Does he give 100 percent effort to the Dallas Cowboys? My take is that he does. Now what about Mike Brown?

That was the point when he quit trying. And I don't condone his behavior. In fact, I think it sucks because it makes the Bengals worse for it. But we all know why, because we have seen so many before him reach the same breaking point.

Then why don't all Bengal players reach that breaking point? Were Pickens, Dillon, and Chad uniquely competitive and the rest of the team didn't care as much? Or did players like Willie Anderson put their head down, keep their mouths shut, and try to change to attitude in the locker-room. I haven't seen that passion draining from Carson Palmer... so why Chad?

People who are controlled by their circumstances are weak. Chad was always weak. He is a weak minded douche bag who really believes that a change of scenery will be all that he needs. The problem is, his piss poor attitude and entitlement mentality follows him where ever he goes. If you want to fault the Bengals for this, the best way to do it is to blame them for continually taking fliers on weak minded players with 1st round talent but fall to the 2nd and 3rd round because they are a**h***s.

But to say that it isn't Chad's fault because "That's what losing does to someone" is an insult to every player in the NFL that has played for a losing organization, but decided to be a professional rather than spewing venom into every earhole they see.

Then why don't all Bengal players reach that breaking point?

Because everyone is wired differently. People react differently to the losing. Some serve out their rookie contract and walk quietly. Others go the "Fredo" or "Cancer" route. And the whole world of gray area in between.

Were Pickens, Dillon, and Chad uniquely competitive and the rest of the team didn't care as much? Or did players like Willie Anderson put their head down, keep their mouths shut, and try to change to attitude in the locker-room. I haven't seen that passion draining from Carson Palmer.

Agreed. Lots of different personalities. I don't see much prima-donna in Carson or Big Willie so I wouldn't expect that kind of behavior from either of them. I would add though that quite a few called Willie and TJ "traitors/cancers/Fredos" on their way out.

People who are controlled by their circumstances are weak. Chad was always weak. He is a weak minded douche bag who really believes that a change of scenery will be all that he needs. The problem is, his piss poor attitude and entitlement mentality follows him where ever he goes. If you want to fault the Bengals for this, the best way to do it is to blame them for continually taking fliers on weak minded players with 1st round talent but fall to the 2nd and 3rd round because they are a**h***s.

I agree with the bolded. But, I would just list that reason as a subcategory of the greater problem of not having a infrastructure or operations plan in place that is conducive to winning, and not having any plan to change this. Or, more simply, a losing environment. You can't argue that it is in place. Even Marvin said initially that he sought to change it. "The City doesn't make the team good or bad, the players and coaches make a team good or bad," I believe he said. But he forgot about the front office. If they aren't dealing, ain't nobody getting any cards.

We are talking about a franchise that is not on par with the rest of the NFL in so many ways that any time you mention any of them, it is beating a dead horse. Working for such a company and the duration of time working for said company will make different people react differently.

Assuming the Bengals front office continues its mind numbing refusal to change, the only real question is who will be the next Fredo?

But to say that it isn't Chad's fault because "That's what losing does to someone" is an insult to every player in the NFL that has played for a losing organization, but decided to be a professional rather than spewing venom into every earhole they see.

I think the Chad Johnsons of the world are an insult to the Willie Andersons of the world, I'll give you that.

...the greater problem of not having a infrastructure or operations plan in place that is conducive to winning, and not having any plan to change this. Or, more simply, a losing environment. You can't argue that it is in place. Even Marvin said initially that he sought to change it. "The City doesn't make the team good or bad, the players and coaches make a team good or bad," I believe he said. But he forgot about the front office. If they aren't dealing, ain't nobody getting any cards.

I'll agree that several of the moves in the office have marred the Marvin era... but to act like the Bengals in the Marvin era has simply been more of the same is silly.

In 2003, Marvin turned the team from 2-14 to 8-8.

In 2004, 8-8 again with Palmer's first year starting.

In 2005, Playoff appearance.

In 2006, Bad calls and bad bounces resulted in another 8-8 season. Easily it should have been a playoff season.

In 2007, Let the downhill slide begin with a 7-9 season.

But that nowhere near resembles the 90's. Chad has nothing to complain about. He enjoyed his most productive seasons on a team that was in the hunt for the playoffs more often than not. The fact that he is a cancer can't be attributed to multiple losing seasons. He lost his mind at half time in a playoff game for Christ's sake. He went off the handle demanding a trade long before anyone expected the Bengals to be as bad as they were last year.

He's an ass. Yes, winning often cures poor attitudes... but that doesn't work for T.O. and I'm thinking it doesn't work for Chad either. Any time he faces the slightest bit of adversity, he cries like a bitch and shows his true colors as the selfish, narcissistic p***y he is.

He's an ass. Yes, winning often cures poor attitudes... but that doesn't work for T.O. and I'm thinking it doesn't work for Chad either. Any time he faces the slightest bit of adversity, he cries like a bitch and shows his true colors as the selfish, narcissistic p***y he is.

The only way chad probably will be happy is a brand new contract,WR's all about the dollar signs....

...the greater problem of not having a infrastructure or operations plan in place that is conducive to winning, and not having any plan to change this. Or, more simply, a losing environment. You can't argue that it is in place. Even Marvin said initially that he sought to change it. "The City doesn't make the team good or bad, the players and coaches make a team good or bad," I believe he said. But he forgot about the front office. If they aren't dealing, ain't nobody getting any cards.

I'll agree that several of the moves in the office have marred the Marvin era... but to act like the Bengals in the Marvin era has simply been more of the same is silly.

In 2003, Marvin turned the team from 2-14 to 8-8.

In 2004, 8-8 again with Palmer's first year starting.

In 2005, Playoff appearance.

In 2006, Bad calls and bad bounces resulted in another 8-8 season. Easily it should have been a playoff season.

In 2007, Let the downhill slide begin with a 7-9 season.

But that nowhere near resembles the 90's. Chad has nothing to complain about. He enjoyed his most productive seasons on a team that was in the hunt for the playoffs more often than not. The fact that he is a cancer can't be attributed to multiple losing seasons. He lost his mind at half time in a playoff game for Christ's sake. He went off the handle demanding a trade long before anyone expected the Bengals to be as bad as they were last year.

I think this is what Marv was talking about. They thought they arrived in 05. They didn't realize it they didn't, so Marvin got rid of almost all of them and started over.

Fredo?

If Chad is Fredo, then he is just the next in line of a bunch of other "Fredos."

So Bearcat is the latest Chad apologist? Well isn't that a shocker.

Sheesh, is there no ass pipe this guy won't tounge as he wages his "enlightened idiots" war against evil Mike?

I understand why there are never any good expectations about the Bengals, but the NFL has created a level playing field. The Cardinals owner is just as bad as Mike Brown. The Bengals did make the playoffs in 05, they are having a very active offseason where it seems that Marvin is learning from past mistakes. They are getting younger guys. With the right attitude he likes. This is going to be a great year. You might as well enjoy it now. Why wait until they prove it? I'm telling you they're going to the playoffs.

Fredo?

So Bearcat is the latest Chad apologist? Well isn't that a shocker.

Once again, not what I said. At all.

Are you being deliberately deceptive or are you just that f**king stupid? :lol:

I forgot. What did Lee Johnson say?

"Mike Brown throws around nickles as if they were manhole covers."

BTW, this post should excite Bearcat....due the manhole reference.

That's not what he said. He said Bengal Fans should sell their season tickets.

Speaking of "Misinformation and lies." :huh:

As to the manhole comment...aren't you then one with his head up Mike Brown's ass? ;)

That's all you, money.

I agree. I never said it was like it was in the 1990s. I was grading on a pass/fail either there is a system in place conducive to winning, or an system in place conducive to losing.

Is it as bad as the 90s? Certainly not. But we have just as many playoff wins, I'll put it that way.

I understand why there are never any good expectations about the Bengals, but the NFL has created a level playing field. The Cardinals owner is just as bad as Mike Brown. The Bengals did make the playoffs in 05, they are having a very active offseason where it seems that Marvin is learning from past mistakes. They are getting younger guys. With the right attitude he likes. This is going to be a great year. You might as well enjoy it now. Why wait until they prove it? I'm telling you they're going to the playoffs.

Time out...I created this thread with you in mind and you go and make a post that has NO REFERENCE to Fredo whatso-freaking-ever???

Are you trying to be difficult?

:lol: