Update on Chad Trade Options

Spor_tees

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is desperately in love with that stupid wavy icon. That appears to be his point.

Possible, but I'll let him answer for himself.

Here's the thing. I didn't follow the links. I watched Lapham on both programs and I know what he said. Mostly, I think this, I think that, and I haven't actually heard a thing. He did a great job of blasting away at Chad from start to finish, implied the Bengals would be willing to take almost anything in trade...from a 1st to a 3rd, and then finally admitted that neither of the two most powerful figures prowling the halls at PBS are actually committed to trading Chad and would want to much even if they did. Round and round he went and I loved every second of it. But besides blasting Chad, did he actually say anything?

Truthfully, minus some rant about how somebody blew somebody up or got blown up, does he EVER say anything? Although I appreciate his passion and enthusiasm for the Bengals, his constant negativity has grown to be very annoying.

He is desperately in love with that stupid wavy icon. That appears to be his point.

Possible, but I'll let him answer for himself.

Here's the thing. I didn't follow the links. I watched Lapham on both programs and I know what he said. Mostly, I think this, I think that, and I haven't actually heard a thing. He did a great job of blasting away at Chad from start to finish, implied the Bengals would be willing to take almost anything in trade...from a 1st to a 3rd, and then finally admitted that neither of the two most powerful figures prowling the halls at PBS are actually committed to trading Chad and would want to much even if they did. Round and round he went and I loved every second of it. But besides blasting Chad, did he actually say anything?

what do you want them to say, what do you want Marvin to say? I dont get where youre headed, do you want someone like NFL Live's John Clayton to report that Chad is being discussed in trades, you claimed that the poster ShulaSteakhouse wasnt accurate when he said that they were some discussions about Chad and I just put up 2 links about what Lapham is reporting as discussions, no one is going to get actual word for word from anyone inside the Bengals team and Steakhouse never says it actual fact that Mike Brown is holding up the trade, he says "Reportedly" meaning he heard a report from probably Lapham so I posted the links where Lapham says "Mike Brown is 50-50 on dealing Chad" I think there's some confusion, no one is saying anything factual all specualation, everything is speculation until it happens.

what do you want them to say, what do you want Marvin to say? I dont get where youre headed, do you want someone like NFL Live's John Clayton to report that Chad is being discussed in trades, you claimed that the poster ShulaSteakhouse wasnt accurate when he said that they were some discussions about Chad and I just put up 2 links about what Lapham is reporting as discussions, no one is going to get actual word for word from anyone inside the Bengals team and Steakhouse never says it actual fact that Mike Brown is holding up the trade, he says "Reportedly" meaning he heard a report from probably Lapham so I posted the links where Lapham says "Mike Brown is 50-50 on dealing Chad" I think there's some confusion, no one is saying anything factual all specualation, everything is speculation until it happens.

Sheesh, is that what's gotten your feathers in a fluff?

Here's my point. None of the so-called talking heads is actually claiming to have heard anything. Rather, they're all discussing trade possibilities and what Chad might be worth simply because everyone sees a potential trade to be had, and they want a story to talk about during these numbing empty days. But so far nobody is even bothering to claim they've heard trade whispers from anyone but other writers. In fact, the Eagle trade rumors seem to be based upon the fact the Eagles have a need at WR, two 1st round picks, and absolutely nothing else. It's even been suggested that Michael Smith invented the story out of whole cloth. So yeah, I responded to Shula's predictable opinion about how stupid Mike Brown was being by pointing out how Brown probably hasn't recieved a trade offer to consider, let alone turn down.

As for Laphams rant, which you so thoughtfully posted links to, he talked alot but what exactly did he say? Wasn't it something along the lines of..."I think this, I think that, and I haven't heard anything. Thanks for having me on the show, Rich."

First off, nothings wrong buddy, Im not upset or feathers ruffled or there's no point to be made, I think this is a simple misunderstanding. Once again a recap, Steakhouse mentioned "Reportedly", you mentioned "who says there's been any talks whatsoever?" I posted the links because I felt you were wondering "who says there's been any talks whatsoever?" you wanted to know my point, my point is "Lapham is reporting this" youre point is "who cares", Im like "what are we arguing about then", now at this point time for me to move on to more draft talk.

First off, nothings wrong buddy, Im not upset or feathers ruffled or there's no point to be made, I think this is a simple misunderstanding. Once again a recap, Steakhouse mentioned "Reportedly", you mentioned "who says there's been any talks whatsoever?" I posted the links because I felt you were wondering "who says there's been any talks whatsoever?" you wanted to know my point, my point is "Lapham is reporting this" youre point is "who cares", Im like "what are we arguing about then", now at this point time for me to move on to more draft talk.

Here's a different recap. Steakhouse says Mike Brown is an idiot for turning down a 1st round pick again. I wonder aloud where anyone, anyone at all, had spoken about the Bengals being involved in actual trade discussions, never mind responding to an actual contract offer. This prompts you to add links to a Dave Lapham interview in which he gives his opinions, but nothing solid enough to even qualify as smoke. So I ask what point you were trying to make. To which you reply you have no point. Just posting a link. And then a few posts later you remember what your point was supposed to be and start talking about something being said in the Lapham interview that relates to the stuid things Steakhouse had said. But of course you don't say what. Prompting me to ask yet again.....what's your point?

The Giants are "looking into" the possibility of acquiring Chad Johnson, according to ESPN's Matt Mosley.

However, Mosley calls New York more likely to stand pat and hope Hakeem Nicks falls to No. 29 in the draft, or the Giants take Rutgers WR Kenny Britt. The price tag for Ocho Cinco is expected to be at least one first-round pick.

From roto

Here's a different recap. Steakhouse says Mike Brown is an idiot for turning down a 1st round pick again. I wonder aloud where anyone, anyone at all, had spoken about the Bengals being involved in actual trade discussions, never mind responding to an actual contract offer. This prompts you to add links to a Dave Lapham interview in which he gives his opinions, but nothing solid enough to even qualify as smoke. So I ask what point you were trying to make. To which you reply you have no point. Just posting a link. And then a few posts later you remember what your point was supposed to be and start talking about something being said in the Lapham interview that relates to the stuid things Steakhouse had said. But of course you don't say what. Prompting me to ask yet again.....what's your point?

we're not getting anywhere, Im just trying to say that there are reports out there and you keep saying it's stupid, I dont care if theyre stupid reports, all the reports are stupid, do you understand what my point is, Im agreeing with you for christ sakes, do you want me to wash your feet too, I agree with you guy.

doh.gif

we're not getting anywhere, Im just trying to say that there are reports out there and you keep saying it's stupid....

No, I keep pointing out how all of the reports so far are entirelly media based and have yet to quote a single figure who actually has a paying NFL job. So far we've got writers quoting bloggers quoting some guy named Kushy Williams OR failing that....writers offering vaque statements about how they think there's been trade talk. Add it all up and I wonder if it even qualifies as smoke.

do you understand what my point is

Ice, I was more than willing to agree with your earlier remark about how you didn't have a point to make at all. So for the sake of harmony I'm more than willing to accept whatever point you're making now. In fact, I'll whip any man who says he doesn't agree with whatever point you're making. Or for that matter, not making.

If you girls are done crying.....

Sadly, I fear not.

Yeah, you and me both.

Anyways, I've been slagging through the internet searching for actual trade smoke and the following is as close I've gotten. I just listened to the podcast below from ESPN Radio 950 out of Philadelphia and in the bit Mike Missanelli interviews Michael Smith, the source of the latest Chad rumors. During the interview Smith repeats and attempts to clarify his earlier claim.

http://www.sr950.com/Audio/tabid/183/artic...hael-Smith.aspx

Here's a recap for those who can't be bothered.

Smith claims...."I know the Eagles are interested, but interest only gets you so far when you're talking about the Bengals and Mike Brown." Asked to clarify Smith admits the Bengals have made no final decision about whether to trade Chad at all, and to date haven't given his agent permission to openly peddle his client as trade bait.

As far as trade value, Smith guessed Chad was no longer worthy of a 1st round pick, but repeatedly refused to rule it out. When the host expessed some doubt about anything less than a 1st round pick being enough to get the job done Smith backpedals with..."I'd try my hardest not to"...before reluctantly admitting he'd probably surrender the higher pick if it were required.

Missanelli then counters by saying..."What I'm hearing is the offer is a 2nd and a 5th and Reggie Brown."

Missanelli then asks about Smith's relationship with McNabb and wondered if the current rumors had anything to do with McNabbs demand the Eagles show improvement before agreeing to sign a contract extension. Smith refuses to link the two things, but admits it would help. Both talking heads agreed the Eagles are a poorer team today than at seasons end.

The interview ends with Smith saying he hoped to speak again when...."Chad Ocho Cinco is an Eagle".

This would be about perfect. I hope Chad does go to the Eagles. Their insane fans will run out of patience with his bulls**t after about 15 minutes, then they'll start throwing stuff at him from the stands. Come on Eagles, please come and get Chad.

If you girls are done crying.....

Sadly, I fear not.

Yeah, you and me both.

Anyways, I've been slagging through the internet searching for actual trade smoke and the following is as close I've gotten. I just listened to the podcast below from ESPN Radio 950 out of Philadelphia and in the bit Mike Missanelli interviews Michael Smith, the source of the latest Chad rumors. During the interview Smith repeats and attempts to clarify his earlier claim.

http://www.sr950.com/Audio/tabid/183/artic...hael-Smith.aspx

Here's a recap for those who can't be bothered.

Smith claims...."I know the Eagles are interested, but interest only gets you so far when you're talking about the Bengals and Mike Brown." Asked to clarify Smith admits the Bengals have made no final decision about whether to trade Chad at all, and to date haven't given his agent permission to openly peddle his client as trade bait.

As far as trade value, Smith guessed Chad was no longer worthy of a 1st round pick, but repeatedly refused to rule it out. When the host expessed some doubt about anything less than a 1st round pick being enough to get the job done Smith backpedals with..."I'd try my hardest not to"...before reluctantly admitting he'd probably surrender the higher pick if it were required.

Missanelli then counters by saying..."What I'm hearing is the offer is a 2nd and a 5th and Reggie Brown."

Missanelli then asks about Smith's relationship with McNabb and wondered if the current rumors had anything to do with McNabbs demand the Eagles show improvement before agreeing to sign a contract extension. Smith refuses to link the two things, but admits it would help. Both talking heads agreed the Eagles are a poorer team today than at seasons end.

The interview ends with Smith saying he hoped to speak again when...."Chad Ocho Cinco is an Eagle".

sounds like another rant to me

jeeez brown just hurry up and trade his ass so we can get on with our lives and let the team start afresh without a loud mouth ahole that doesnt walk the walk well he didnt last year thats for sure.

A second and a fifth with that BUM Reggie Brown. He would be the fifth receiver on our team. If we can't get a first for Chad then we need to just keep him. After this season we will be able to get a 1st when he puts up another 1200 plus yard season!

more speculation if you asked me

the latest from Ochogate

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2009041...120325/1062/SPT

Ocho Cinco unlikely to be traded

Bengals insider: Lewis expects wideout in stripes

With the draft two weekends away, the amount of e-mail from curious fans has increased. And most of it has focused on one player, Chad Ocho Cinco, and one question: Will he be traded?

The short answer is probably not. Barring a major change of course, he will be here after draft weekend and should be in Georgetown, Ky., for training camp.

Since Ocho Cinco did not show for the voluntary offseason workout program March 30, the rumor mill has increased about the wide receiver's future with the team. Things went into overdrive last Saturday when a blogger had Ocho Cinco traded to the Raiders for a second-round pick and running back Michael Bush.

Then on Tuesday, Michael Smith of ESPN reported that the Eagles would have an interest if Ocho Cinco were on the market.

Amid the speculation on Ocho Cinco, here are a couple key points to remember:

The primary people, agent Drew Rosenhaus and Ocho Cinco, are not saying anything. Last year, both were telling every media outlet within shouting distance that they wanted out of Cincinnati. This year Rosenhaus is staying true to his word by working behind the scenes and staying quiet.

According to ESPN.com, the Bengals' salary-cap hit would be $4.87 million. It is a high figure, but not a crippling amount that might preclude a trade from happening.

Whenever he's been asked, Bengals coach Marvin Lewis has said he expects Ocho Cinco to be here and that he should have a good season. But at the league meetings a couple weeks ago, Lewis also said something that can be construed as a personal challenge to Ocho Cinco:

"In order to get back to being the Chad Johnson that everybody feared, he was a guy who worked very, very hard at his craft. And if you don't do that, it falls away very quickly and people forget about you."

So will Ocho Cinco be traded? Unlike last year, when there was a zero percent chance, it's slightly possible. There is only one person who is going to make the final decision, and that is club president Mike Brown.

HappyWave.gif

more speculation if you asked me

Exactly. :lol:

Simply put, the trade rant between Missanelli and Smith is as specific as any I could find, but still represents nothing more than one media dink talking to another. No team officials or players are quoted. Furthermore, the rumored offer that Missanelli mentions just so happens to include Reggie Brown, a disappointing young player who has been included in nearly every Philly/Chad trade rumor floated in the last two years. In fact, I'm not sure the latest rumored offer is any different from those we read about last year.

So again, the rumors currently being floated barely qualify as smoke, right?

Well I think Chad has two years left on his deal(correct me if I am wrong) so I expect Mikey to wait until his last year on his deal to move him, when he has little or no value.\

f**k YOU MIKE BROWN AND f**k YOUR COUCH

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2415464

according to this he is sign through the 2010 season...with a option for 2011. If next year really ends up being uncapped, maybe the best time to cut him or trade him will be next season, so his cap hit won't mean crap.