Update on Chad Trade Options

Spor_tees

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want them to trade chad, but why does everyone think Benson.Bush would be such a great combo. There are pretty close to the same guy

Well... I wouldn't say that either of them are strictly bruisers. They are both fairly versatile for being downhill type RB's. But when you only have one of them, and that guy carries the ball 20-30 times in a game, it wears him down throughout the season.

Both of them together, keeps them both fresh, tires out a defense, and helps them both stay healthy for the entire season. I think Bush is more useful than Chad right now.

Still nothing I can find about a press conference.

I'm really hoping for this as I'm done with Chad and love what the second would provide us as well as freeing up taking a RB.

We should be so fortunate this would fall into our laps. Trade down in the first to get another pick in the first 3 rounds and I'm in heaven !!!

This is the only thing I've been able to find. Oh well...

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2009040...050374/1062/SPT

There have been a lot of rumors and speculation the past week about Chad Ocho Cinco's future with the Bengals.

First, he didn't show up for the beginning of offseason conditioning workouts on Monday. Then, Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports on Thursday had a list of 10 players who could be traded before the draft, with Ocho Cinco at No. 2

On Saturday, a blogger on BleacherReport.com reported the Raiders and Bengals are hammering out a trade to send Ocho Cinco to Oakland in exchange for running back Michael Bush and a second-round draft pick.

According to the blogger, Kushy Williams: "I got a quick minute to ask (new Raiders coach Tom) Cable about this trade, and he responded by saying this move makes them more flexible come draft day by taking care of a huge hole on offense."

Williams' report was deubunked by several media outlets, including the Enquirer.

According to the Oakland Tribune, Raiders owner Al Davis does not want to give up on Bush, a third-round pick out of Louisville in 2007.

Bengals spokesman Jack Brennan on Saturday said the team would not comment on speculative player moves.

The NFL Draft is April 25-26, and the Bengals have 11 picks, including the sixth overall.

- Joe Reedy

Thornton still seems pretty sure that something is going down as he chats back and forth with fans. He hasn't said anything about the Raiders specifically. But I thought this little quote was interesting. http://www.allproblogger.com/?p=1688

the longer it takes, the more teams will get involved to see what it would take to get chad, IF he is on the market. so waiting it out will be better for the bengals. teams are hearing of the report this weekend and I think the team will be getting more calls on monday. so bengal fans should hope they slow play it. if the raiders want him today, they will in a few days too. they only other guy they could trade for is anquan boldin, and the cards aren’t giving him up for that price. so be eeeeeeaaassssssyyyyy

The only thing with Thornton is he was going off the original report as well and made mention to the fact he hadn't heard anything about it.

I'm still hoping, but to tell you the truth, I don't really care about waiting. Give me the Raiders 2nd, Bush, and be done with Chad ??

DONE, DONE, and DONE. No looking back, no second guessing, nothing but smiles and one last:

F*CK YOU CHAD !!!

The only thing with Thornton is he was going off the original report as well and made mention to the fact he hadn't heard anything about it.

Well... he hints multiple times like he knows something. Saying that he hasn't heard specifically to the Raiders, and refusing to deny that he knows something, and being unwilling to talk about it until it happens.

Maybe he's a blowhard.

I'm still hoping, but to tell you the truth, I don't really care about waiting. Give me the Raiders 2nd, Bush, and be done with Chad ??

DONE, DONE, and DONE. No looking back, no second guessing, nothing but smiles and one last:

F*CK YOU CHAD !!!

There's my AB!!

My Favorite quote of this thread:

I loved Bush in college

On a serious note, those that are saying Benson is faster than Bush are wrong. Bush is a very unique athelete. I believe if we were to acquire him he would be the lead back by mid-season. Do this trade now if it's on the table, Mikey!!!

On another side note, "IF" and it would appear this isn't happening, the Raiders were to be willing to give a high second round pick AND a player, why do people still think it's so far out of the thought of reasonable that we could still get a first rounder for Chad ?? I'm not saying we would get top 5 or anything close to that, but bottom round first is well within reason.

Just my thoughts in looking at what's going on...

i'd rather have a young, proven RB and a low 2nd rounder than only a high 1st rounder.

I would have had this deal done when it was first mentioned if I had anything to do with it, so I get you there.

My point is, many believe Chad isn't worth a first BY ANY ACCOUNT. If that is the line of thought, how can they then think it's feasible to get a proven running back AND the 7th pick at the top of the second round ??

I would not be surprised to see one of the receiver hungry teams in the bottom of the 1st round (Philly, NYG) offer up their 1st for Chad, if they can't swing a trade for Boldin or Braylon. I agree that I would rather have a top 2nd round pick and Michael Bush than a late 1st, so it's not farfetched to think we could still get one 1st for Chad..

Chad still has some trade value and it'll be interesting to see how much he's worth. There are a few NFL East teams that are close enough to winning a Super Bowl that could take a 1st round gamble on Chad, but it's just that...A gamble. Those teams would most likely have to be convinced of a few things first:

1. That last year was an aberration, and he's still the player he was 2-3 years ago or at least could dramatically increase

a team's chances of winning a Super Bowl in the first year or two.

2. He will not be a locker room distraction and will mesh well with the bulk of the players already on the roster, especially

the QB.

3. He will be a better player 2-3 years from now than Percy Harvin, Hakeem Nicks, Kenny Britt and the other Top WR's in

this draft (after Crabtree, Maclin and Heyward Bey) who might be available in the mid to bottom portion of the 1st

round, at a less expensive price tag (assuming Chad will want his deal to be re-worked).

In this particular draft, one might say that a low 1st round pick is at least as valuable as a pick in the Top 10, especially for teams with fewer needs and a more talented roster than the Bengals. I personally believe that Chad's value was at an all-time high last offseason, when the Bengals passed on a prime opportunity to move him. You would have to think a guy like Tory Holt is at least as valuable as Chad (without the off-field stuff) and only the Bears, Jaguars and Ravens have brought him in for a visit, I believe. A 1st could still be a possibility for Chad in a trade, but I think a 2nd or less is far more likely.