Bengals give Abilene Christian RB private workout

Here are his stats for the last two seasons:

2007 2,165 Yds on 251 carries 35 rushing TDs and 46 catches for 565 Yds and 4 receiving TDs

2008 2,156 Yds on 266 carries 28 rushing TDs and 47 catches for 826 Yds and 6 receiving TDs

Combine results: 5'9" 200 lbs., 40 time is 4.56, 21 reps, 36" vertical, short shuttle was 4.08, and cone drill was 6.82

It looks like we are still looking for that shifty receiving back that Chris Perry was supposed to be. The short shuttle and the cone drill results were the best results of the running backs that were listed.

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2009RB.php

2/23/09: Talented, but arrested four times in the past few years. A word to the wise - if you want to get arrested, do it after you sign a big NFL contract!

Four arrests?

Wow.

I've got to admit I'm amazed they're still looking at these types of guys. Considering all they've been through, and the damage done to their already miserable reputation, well......wouldn't you read the bio and just move on to the next guy?

It is very surprising, especially since RB seems to be a postion where backups are abundant.

Four arrests?

Wow.

I've got to admit I'm amazed they're still looking at these types of guys. Considering all they've been through, and the damage done to their already miserable reputation, well......wouldn't you read the bio and just move on to the next guy?

Absolutely baffling why they would even consider a guy like this. Baffling...

Believe what you want, Odell is still in town. Needless to say, he's staying low these days.

For those of you who are in the know, Willie T. in Evanston told me.

No word if he's working out or even attempting to make somebody's team.

As far as Slim goes, my only hope is that he masters the out route as effectively as he's mastered the Olde E.

So far, so good is all I can say.

He sure as hell doesn't need assistance in handling Newport valets, though.

Believe what you want, Odell is still in town. Needless to say, he's staying low these days.

As far as Slim goes, my only hope is that he masters the out route as effectively as he's mastered the Olde E.

Last we heard of Odell he was in court for his assault on a guy at a waterpark...whatever happened with that?

Willie T has more in common with Harvey the Rabbit than Huggy Bear

Indeed.

He's a reliable source, nonetheless. There are some things going on with the Jackson/Monticello crew that had relocated to the 'Nati with O.T., to say the least.

Almost forgot, Marvin didn't really want him back and Mike overruled him. I guess we can put those #51 jerseys in the back of the closet...unless you got a Corey Mays one customized.

Love the reports from the imaginary sources.

keep'em coming

This report just in from the Bengals warroom:

One of the Bengals 4 scouts took time to attend the University of Mother Mary of the Blind's pro day. Here's the results:

The Senior QB was noted as not being able to hit the side of a barn when throwing. He is 6'4, 245, so there's still a shot.

Their Junior Running Back that declared early suffered an injury after running into the training cart. He was untouched.

The Bengals scout was quoted as to say the workouts were impressive, but wouldn't say where these two fell in their rankings.

More to follow...

Last I heard of Odell he was in jail for assualt in Sandusky. OH.

Last I heard of Odell he was in jail for assualt in Sandusky. OH.

Did you get that from Willie T. in Evanston, Harvey the Rabbit, or Fred from "Drop Dead Fred"?

Your attack on my credibilty is noted, as is your impressive knowledge of fictional characters.

Geez.

Get a life.

I'm only sharing information I've learned through Odell's brother and it's your prerogative to acknowledge or dismiss it. I really don't care either way. Continuing on this the way you are is both childish and utterly ridiculous.