Quick Quiz...

Bearcat1975

What has Mike Brown done with the cap money he saved by cutting Rudi, Deltha and Willie?

<_<

Well to be fair what can you do with that money a few days before the season starts? It's not like a new free agency period begins after the season starts. SOP may be a tard when it comes to spending money on certain players but at least for the most part they do spend near the salary cap.

What has Mike Brown done with the cap money he saved by cutting Rudi, Deltha and Willie?

<_<

Suppossedly, the cap hit on trading Chad this year was the reason they didn't pull off the trade with Washington. They would have had to cut several veterans, which they ended up doing anyway, to make enough cap space to eat the $4M hit this year.

That was my point when he did it.

He pocketed the money if, he felt on the other hand that these players need to go he could have traded them and got something for them (draft choices) or cut them before free agency so he could have used the money to make his team better by signing free agents.

Brown does this stuff nearly every year.

I have been screaming about for years.

Ow shucks no one to spend the money on I just have to pocket it.

Its just like when ever a quality free agent visits Cincinnati( even in cases where the guy wanted to go to Cincinnati) Mike Brown Low Balls them to make sure they will not sigh.

Brown would rather pay a third tier free agent ten times what he is worth than pay a quality free agent top dollar.

That was my point when he did it.

He pocketed the money if, he felt on the other hand that these players need to go he could have traded them and got something for them (draft choices) or cut them before free agency so he could have used the money to make his team better by signing free agents.

Brown does this stuff nearly every year.

I have been screaming about for years.

Ow shucks no one to spend the money on I just have to pocket it.

Its just like when ever a quality free agent visits Cincinnati( even in cases where the guy wanted to go to Cincinnati) Mike Brown Low Balls them to make sure they will not sigh.

Brown would rather pay a third tier free agent ten times what he is worth than pay a quality free agent top dollar.

First of all, Brown wouldn't recognize "quality free agents" if they bit him.

Secondly, if you are an S-Corp, and you hire your ENTIRE family, and pay Large Salaries, you can make ALOT of money....AND take a loss, which gives the additional benefit of dodging taxes.

Most members of this forum probably paid more federal taxes than the Bengals.

Lastly, you don't know how hard it is to run an NFL Franchise, Skippy!

Interesting article on Mikey's finances: Brown family concedes years of conservative spending hurt team