Chad Johnson

bengalspride1219

isnt he injured.. why doesnt he just get his surgery now and sit out this season like hes suggesting palmer do?

Simple...in my theory. Two things, actually. One, he's afraid if he sits, he'll get outplayed by Henry, Caldwell or Simpson, thus reducing his perceived value to this team, and other teams, which means he can't get away with as much crap as he does now and reduces further the odds of a trade outta here.

Two, martyrdom...plain and simple.

He really has not been the problem this season, fellas.

Just sayin'.

No one said he was THE problem, as TJ says, there is no ONE problem. However, in terms of why Fredo doesn't shut it down, I think my answers are as good as any others, and probably more sensible than Fredo's actual reasons, since common sense and logic are not known to share his bed often.

He really has not been the problem this season, fellas.

Just sayin'.

No one said he was THE problem, as TJ says, there is no ONE problem. However, in terms of why Fredo doesn't shut it down, I think my answers are as good as any others, and probably more sensible than Fredo's actual reasons, since common sense and logic are not known to share his bed often.

Chad did his damage from January till August, now he's just watching. He wants out and will go nuts again this season. This is such a mess and soon to be a big financial mess, he just might get his wish with a new coach coming into town. Mark it down, Marvin is done in Cincy.

Look, he was an asshat of the first order all off-season.

But, since the season has started, it has been surprising how "normal" he has been, by and large. No on-field incidents. More or less sane locker-room quotes. He really has not been a distraction, like he can be, and like I would have expected him to be with this team in full melt-down mode.

So, in terms of in-season stuff for 2008, I really don't look and CJ and think "problem".

Look, he was an asshat of the first order all off-season.

But, since the season has started, it has been surprising how "normal" he has been, by and large. No on-field incidents. More or less sane locker-room quotes. He really has not been a distraction, like he can be, and like I would have expected him to be with this team in full melt-down mode.

So, in terms of in-season stuff for 2008, I really don't look and CJ and think "problem".

I don't look at him and think 'problem' either in terms of the off-field bullcrap. But I see that wide open, middle of the field drop he had yesterday (and others just like it during the season) where he would've picked up a sizeable gain and think 'problem'. I don't know if it's Fredo dogging it or just not got his head in the game, but he's making way too many mistakes for an 'elite' receiver, and it's one of the multitude of issues killing this team.

Well if any of you were watching the game, there were several occasions where you could see Chad pushing the refs. I was very surprised he didn't get flagged for it. I actually think his antics on the field, let's him get away with more when it comes to the refs than most players.

Don't get me wrong, the team should be rid of him, in order to turn the page.

But, again, looking at the 2008 on-field stinkfest underway, I don't assign even 1% of the blame to him. I do assign 100% of the blame to one of the worst offensive lines I have seen in these parts since the chuck and duck days of David Klingler. There is simply no time allowed the QB to throw, whoever the QB might be. That means there is then no consistency possible. Every offensive woe flows off of that.

So, no, I don't see CJ as a huge on-field issue at this point. The problems with that team on offense, including the broken franchise quarterback and the 2.whatever YPC for its running backs and the lack of big plays to its big play wide receivers all begin and end with a truly f**kawful offensive line.

Don't get me wrong, the team should be rid of him, in order to turn the page.

But, again, looking at the 2008 on-field stinkfest underway, I don't assign even 1% of the blame to him. I do assign 100% of the blame to one of the worst offensive lines I have seen in these parts since the chuck and duck days of David Klingler. There is simply no time allowed the QB to throw, whoever the QB might be. That means there is then no consistency possible. Every offensive woe flows off of that.

So, no, I don't see CJ as a huge on-field issue at this point. The problems with that team on offense, including the broken franchise quarterback and the 2.whatever YPC for its running backs and the lack of big plays to its big play wide receivers all begin and end with a truly f**kawful offensive line.

Yup yup yup.

Which is why the Bengals absolutely must get Collins into the game. We're 0-7 and sinking fast, and we ned to know whether he's for real or not. If he is, then between him, Whit and a real center (either FA or round 2 next April) the team might be able to turn it around up front quickly. If he isn't, then you write in "offensive tackle" in the first next year in the most indelible ink you can find.

i could find more fault with him before the bengals had the opportunity to trade him. they didn't, so now management has to lie it the bed its made for itself. let's face it, we have only a cursory knowledge of what happens behind closed doors, and what we think we know beyond the direct quotes essentially is rumour. with all that, the bengals felt the need to keep him around, so they get what they asked for.

aye, chad dropped a few. every receiver drops a few, even when the ball floats on a cloud right into their numbers. he's probably stunned the ball actually had a chance to leave fitz's hand, and when it does it's not thrown right to henry (who's thoroughly enjoying being the guy not double-teamed, i'm sure). i rather doubt someone like ohno loco lacks professional (and egotistical) pride and deliberately muffs a ball dropped right in his mitts.

you could basically force him to get surgery, just bench him and let the tirades ensue. but, i don't know how his contract is set up, he could get incentives for meeting certain goals, so having surgery may not may much financial sense right now. ah, who knows for sure?

Well, if they're plan is to keep Chad beyond this year they may as well put him on IR and get his shoulder fixed. The same for Palmer. The season is now officially over. They really need to see what they got in the young guys and start getting their draft plans ready based on those performances. Put Shirley, Collins, Simpson, Sims, and Caldwell in and see what happens.

isnt he injured.. why doesnt he just get his surgery now and sit out this season like hes suggesting palmer do?

Two reasons

#1 Say what you want about the guy and his attitude, BUT the guys is a friggin competitor, and he wants to be out there every week.

#2 The guy wants to be in the Hall someday, and since he's already in his 30's, he has a limited ammount of time to pad his stats.....duh...even a mediocre season of 50-60 catches....is still 50-60 more career catches. Sitting out means ZERO catches/yards. His Ego wont let him grasp that concept.

Two reasons

#1 Say what you want about the guy and his attitude, BUT the guys is a friggin competitor, and he wants to be out there every week.

#2 The guy wants to be in the Hall someday, and since he's already in his 30's, he has a limited ammount of time to pad his stats.....duh...even a mediocre season of 50-60 catches....is still 50-60 more career catches. Sitting out means ZERO catches/yards. His Ego wont let him grasp that concept.

#1 He wants to be out there every week, but not because he's a competitor. He's a glory hound. We have all seen too many times Fredo dogging plays in the past three seasons. Competitor's don't dog plays. They don't chew out their franchise quarterback on the sidelines. They don't go after their head coach at halftime during a playoff game that his team is winning (and yes, I think Shaun Smith's account of that is probably fairly accurate). His desire to be on the field is to soak the adulation of his fans.

#2 I hate to break this news flash to him, but Fredo isn't headed to the HOF. He's put up some decent yardage numbers the past three or four seasons, but not nearly enough td's. Plus, he's never been on a winning team. Plus, he has a bad reputation among the media as a crazy diva. Perhaps his ego won't let him grasp THAT concept. However, I dispute your point here. This mediocre season is worse for his (non-existent) HOF chances than sitting out and getting the surgery. If he plays a full season and gets 50-60 grabs and say three or four td's, I argue his own talent didn't lend to his other great seasons, but it was his quarterback and others around him. Take away the QB in Palmer, the o-line and the running game, Fredo isn't nearly as good as TJ, and it shows. If I were he, I'd sit to prevent exposing my own weaknesses.