Which do you prefer eating while watching a game?

Spor_tees

Gold Star or that nasty Skyline? :lol:  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which taste better?

• Gold Star
    • Skyline
  2. 2. How do you like your Cincinnati Chili?

• In a bowl with Oyster crackers and cheese?
    • On a hot dog?
    • Chili Spaghetti?
    • In a burrito?
    • In a cream cheese and chili dip?

Most people around the country have no idea what Cincinnati style chili is all about unless they live in Ohio. Even some people in parts of Ohio couldn't tell you what it is. I love the stuff! Personally I prefer Gold Star chili, but that doesn't mean I would kick Skyline out of bed for eating crackers! :lol:

Lucky for me I have a Gold Star one block away from my house B) . But I still like Skyline better! :rolleyes:

Oh yeah anyone here ever eat at the Chili Company? They're awesome!!!

Gold Star, the official Chili of the Cincinnati Bengals, is #1... I prefer Chili Dogs with cheese, mustard, onion and drenched in Franks hot sauce.

Skyline's 3,4,5-ways are okay but their cheese coneys are horrible. I'm all about the hot sauce and their hot sauce, I think its tabasco, is too hot and doesn't compliment the coney.

s**t I want some coneys now!

Gold Star, the official Chili of the Cincinnati Bengals, is #1... I prefer Chili Dogs with cheese, mustard, onion and drenched in Franks hot sauce.

Skyline's 3,4,5-ways are okay but their cheese coneys are horrible. I'm all about the hot sauce and their hot sauce, I think its tabasco, is too hot and doesn't compliment the coney.

Holy CRAP! Something me and agreen agree on! I love Frank's Red Hot sauce...I put it on everything from coneys to eggs, to pizza, to you name it!

We should buy a can of each and send them to the board members over seas so they can try it for themselves...then see who they think taste best!

For you suburbanites, Blue Ash Chili in Blue Ash ain't half bad either. And don't forget Empress Chili, at various locations around the city.

I have never been to Blue Ash Chili parlor but I am told they make awesome deli sandwiches that have about a half pound of meat on each one.

Holy CRAP! Something me and agreen agree on! I love Frank's Red Hot sauce...I put it on everything from coneys to eggs, to pizza, to you name it!

We should buy a can of each and send them to the board members over seas so they can try it for themselves...then see who they think taste best!

I think that's a pretty good idea, but it's not the same from a can... I think the hot sauce selection by Skyline, and the fact that they use molasses or chocolate in their chili, is the reason Goldstar is superior for me.

I also use Franks on everything... Pizza, eggs/omelets, fried chicken, chicken sandwhiches and wing sauce. I just can't get enough Franks... Gold Star made a good move by going with the tangy Franks opposed to the spicy-hot tabasco.

Empress reminds me a lot of Goldstar.... Anyone ever try the coneys at Mike's Chili and Gyros in Hamilton? They give skyline a run for their money.

How in the world can Tabasco be considered too hot? I know this thread is dedicated to the beloved Cincinnati chili but if you want to experience hot and good try any family run Mexican restaurant's pork green chili. (My bad, any family run Mexican restaurant west of the Missisppi)

I think that's a pretty good idea, but it's not the same from a can... I think the hot sauce selection by Skyline, and the fact that they use molasses or chocolate in their chili, is the reason Goldstar is superior for me.

I also use Franks on everything... Pizza, eggs/omelets, fried chicken, chicken sandwhiches and wing sauce. I just can't get enough Franks... Gold Star made a good move by going with the tangy Franks opposed to the spicy-hot tabasco.

Empress reminds me a lot of Goldstar.... Anyone ever try the coneys at Mike's Chili and Gyros in Hamilton? They give skyline a run for their money.

My kids like their coneys. Me, not so much. I do like their chocolate cake, however.

Life is short, try White Castles + Skyline laid out like a pizza.

Years ago we used to get Cincy chili pizza's from IGA,they were pretty damn good!

I went with Skyline as my top pick.

I can eat any of the bunch but have always gravitated towards Skyline.

Make mine a 5 way with a couple phoney coneys! (or chili cheese sandwiches as they call em :rolleyes: )

Having lived down the street from the goldstar comissary in Mt. Washington (Moved it down by Lunken a few years ago)

the smell of Goldstar chili and onions at 5:30 in the morning as I woke for work was rather nauseating. :puke:

The thought of dipping a whitecastle in their chilidip is intriguing though. B)

For you suburbanites, Blue Ash Chili in Blue Ash ain't half bad either.

I was hoping someone would mention Blue Ash Chili. There is something about that place that just tastes so good. Between the two mentioned, I would go with Gold Star, but Skyline works in a pinch. For those of you who are able to hit up Blue Ash Chili, do yourself a favor and at least try it. I promise you won't be disappointed !!!

WHODEY !!!

Skyline Chili hands down! Though my wife likes Gold Star.

A 5 way with 2 Cheese Coneys and a Pepsi please, no need to even look at the menu.

Last time I was in the 'Nati I did everything but Skyline (LaRosa's, Graeters)

Here in Omaha they have these greasy Hotpocket things called Runzas and MY GOD are they awful!