Carl Banks is blasting Cincy

walzav29

They say the Bengals may go 1-7 by the bye week. They have too much talent to play this bad, the Ravens are a divisional opponent so they should have played better. Rookie RB, QB, and coach. Marvin Lewis is on the get fired watch. This could be a gory season. What would it take to get Bill Cowher?

They say the Bengals may go 1-7 by the bye week. They have too much talent to play this bad, the Ravens are a divisional opponent so they should have played better. Rookie RB, QB, and coach. Marvin Lewis is on the get fired watch. This could be a gory season. What would it take to get Bill Cowher?

Could not agree more.

Who knows. I did think 8-8 would be a decent season for this team - but I'm pessimistic at the best of times. Our lines just aren't strong enough. For that reason I think Marvin will be gone at the end of the year based on results, maybe before, and he'll deserve to. f**k off and take your "building a team from the outside in" or whatever nonsense with you. Even opinionated douchebags like me who are generally ignorant about life, let alone football, know you build strong lines and then get fancy pants skill guys in. Not the other way round.

Not sure we'll get Cowher. Just another grunt who will let MB make most of the decisions instead.

Or who knows, maybe we'll do quite well and sneak a playoff place? (Don't laugh)

This team plays way to soft offense and defense of side they have no hear no emotion what so ever. I love it how on the 4th and 1 play for the defense of side the guys were standing there with there hands on there hips how getting emotional jump around get excited. He is so right this team is filled with some talented people, some great number 1 picks, but they actully have to get a coach in here who can coach them up. What a joke.

Marvin Lewis won't get fired, he'd quit first.

These players have ZERO faith in ownership to support them, they will have a very hard time re-signing veteran stars for a while. TJ will not re-sign here for instance. Many of them got suckered after 2005. While yesterday's game was winnable at times, the Ravens are a bad team, and once the snowball starts rolling here with a few early losses, it'll be 100X harder to overcome the lack of morale amongst the players, who basically just quit yesterday. They have no faith in each other, their coaches, and most importantly, the owner. Most of them are playing for paychecks, personal pride in some cases, but most of them are just biding their time until they can get out. Palmer acts and plays like a guy who can't wait for retirement to come, he's set for life, I see no burning desire there to win or be great at all, seems he'd rather be at home watching sitcoms. He's been Bengalized.

Let's look at the bigger picture and pay attention to history, every single coach under Mike Brown has failed, why do some of you continue to think that's the problem? (and I am not saying this coaching staff is necessarily a good one - but some of them are very capable with the right personnel moves being made consistently).

IMHO, the only thing that will change this football club into a winning prospect is the supporters voting with their wallets and not buying tickets or merchandise.

MB is obviously not intellegent enough to understand that by producing a winning team you actually generate MORE profits by increased ticket and merchandise sales!

For me, if I heard my HC saying or implying it's not his job to motivate the players he be would receiving a curt phone call that said...'my office - now' !! He would also be getting exactly the same call after Sunday's woeful display of inadequate football, and would be asked WTF his OC is doing!!!

I also think ML will walk. He obviously can't do the job he is paid to do...effectively manage a football team...but as he is doing a great job deflecting all the flack away from Mikey boy he won't get fired any time soon.

I just wish someone at this club would have a passion to succeed.

IMHO, the only thing that will change this football club into a winning prospect is the supporters voting with their wallets and not buying tickets or merchandise.

MB is obviously not intellegent enough to understand that by producing a winning team you actually generate MORE profits by increased ticket and merchandise sales!

For me, if I heard my HC saying or implying it's not his job to motivate the players he be would receiving a curt phone call that said...'my office - now' !! He would also be getting exactly the same call after Sunday's woeful display of inadequate football, and would be asked WTF his OC is doing!!!

I also think ML will walk. He obviously can't do the job he is paid to do...effectively manage a football team...but as he is doing a great job deflecting all the flack away from Mikey boy he won't get fired any time soon.

We did that. There was more public unrest in this city towards Mike Brown in 2001-2002 than at anytime I can remember. Mikey made changes, brought in Marvin Lewis, the team won and then somehow Mikey got his hands into the operation again and f**ked it up to hell again.

There is not much hope, sadly. Unfortunately Mike Brown needs to pass away for there to be changes made. Very morbid, I know, but it's true.

Folks might quit going but it won't be to the point of the old Houston Oilers - or the Marlins. I don't know what it is about the tri-state - maybe people here are just huge sports finatics - but MB will still get fans in the stadium.

MB is very intelligent - he's not a sports genius but he is a very good business man. He's operating in a small market with different dynamics than New England, New York, Chicago, etc. I'm sure he has a very good sense for how many dollars he needs to put into the organization in order to make X amount of profit and I'll bet he knows that the risk/reward for creating a superbowl team is not their for him. He's comfortable.

ML won't walk for two reasons 1) he's making a good paycheck and 2) where's he going to go? His next employer will no doubt look at his track record here and base their decision on whether or not to hire him on what he's done.

In short - get used to it, gents...

ML won't walk for two reasons 1) he's making a good paycheck and 2) where's he going to go? His next employer will no doubt look at his track record here and base their decision on whether or not to hire him on what he's done.

I disagree. I think Marvin's fed up with this organization and is looking for a way out. How long is he under contract?

He is a joke. He made his money while the original LT was high on coke. I bleed Orange and Black. Screw him.

If Lewis does leave though, it's time to bring in Marty Schottenheimer. Hell yes.

He is a joke. He made his money while the original LT was high on coke. I bleed Orange and Black. Screw him.

If Lewis does leave though, it's time to bring in Marty Schottenheimer. Hell yes.

I disagree. I think Marvin's fed up with this organization and is looking for a way out. How long is he under contract?

At this point I think you can clock it on a calendar.

All hail Marty

Damn..new guys coming out of the woodwork! Welcome fellow fans fed up with SOP!

F that. Marty is an old-azz man.

Bring in Jason Garrett.

Clean house and get a real O-line & RB coach, and O-coordinator.

enough is enough.

I have heard, "we did not pay well enough, we will get better" one time too many.

Bingo!