Cuts coming on Saturday/Rudi, Willie Gone

jjakq27

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah and I could see the Steelers pick up Rudi and run him up and down the field on our wonderful defense.....

Jets might want him more, they are down to two backs. Rudi will land somewhere.

I think his history of low energy workouts plus his no appearance preseason did him in. I remember Marvin speaking highly of him during the offseason and expecting him to have a big season.

Now lets see who else with a big contract is gone.

I agree with Shula about extensions, why now for TJ? Unless its a huge offer why would he and it won't be after the way Simpson has looked so far. I can see him starting next season. Then there is Caldwell.

I hate the move, but understand it. Mike Brown is cheap. He couldn't stand the idea of paying a backup almost 4 mill this year and over 4 mill the next. I think we'll be going into the season with 4 HB's (Perry, Watson, Dede, James Johson?). I think this move could spell the end of Jerimi Johnson too.

Yeah and I could see the Steelers pick up Rudi and run him up and down the field on our wonderful defense.....

Well, I did say possibly.....

My understanding is that his contract expires at the end of this year, and his FG/PAT accuracy is good, and his kickoffs have *started* to reach the end zone.....I think it is important to extend players who give you good quality production, both to keep such players and to motivate others to bring their A game in the hopes of being similarly rewarded

can someone fix the title please, obviously, his name is not Rdui...

The image in the sig is just a weird looking shot. Her features are not the "softest" but she is an attractive woman. Keep in mind she is an athlete and not a model....obviously.

Yeah, obviously. But c'mon, she bared everything in the pages of Playboy....including candid shots of her man-boobs and her very impressive goiter. To be fair, she didn't actually show her penis in the photos, but.......(voice trails off)

And it's not just a weird looking shot in the sig. That's how she always looks.

Not that it matters much, but I have to admit the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw the sig was..."Really? Amanda Beard? Somebody thinks shes a hottie? Really?"

This is sad to see him leave im still not a huge fan of Stacy in there but i guess he didnt want to take a pay cut, wow they are making moves but not sure im really liking them all though. I really hope they have something special up there sleeves cause so far this sucks i feel we are getting rid of great locker room and leader guys so i sure hope they have something going on.

Oh now the pride kicks in. I love Willie to death but I think the team showed him tremendous loyalty at the expense of letting Eric Steinbach walk and eventually end up with rival Cleveland. Their patience with him and Levi complicated a difficult injury plagued roster last season. He probably isnt going to get anything more than the Bengals probably offered him. But good luck to him anyway.

As for Rudi, I hate to see him go but Marvin seemed to show his frustration with him over the last few weeks. I am not really sure what was going on there. Had he become a quiet cancer? I hope not but who knows.

I want to thank Rudi for busting his tail and keeping his mouth shut when he could have been a jackass like Corey Dillon. His toughness and solid play helped this group rise to a level they had not achieved in a long time. His TD run to the pylon against Pittsburgh and Polamalu in Dec. 2005 and his long run against the 49ers in 2003 are two of my favorite Rudi moments. I wish him well.

For what it's worth there are only a couple of holdovers from LeBeau's team in 2002. TJ, Chad and Levi are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head. It's all Marvin's now.

i wont believe willie has been cut until its official curnette aint that reliable nothing on bengals.com, nfl.com espn or si

All cuts are due to the league by 4pm EST. We shall see.

I also wonder if they are going to make any moves and pick up any guys that were cut. I also think the practice squad will be named tomorrow.