Brett is a Jet!

I keep losing more respect for Brett by the day. After 16 years in the same offense, Favre is now going to learn a new one. He's going to have his worst year, and probably retire again after. The Jets just screwed themselves.

I keep losing more respect for Brett by the day. After 16 years in the same offense, Favre is now going to learn a new one. He's going to have his worst year, and probably retire again after. The Jets just screwed themselves.

First thing you've said that I've ever agreed with... And I love Brett Favre, he's one of my favs all-time.

I expect the Jets to come in a solid last in that division. I don't care who you are, you can't come into a new offense 2/3rds of the way through camp when the whole team was behind the former QB and expect to compete, particularly in the AFC where you argueably have the top 4 or 5 teams in the NFL (New England, Indianapolis, San Diego, Pittsburgh I would rate above any team in the NFC and possibly Jacksonville as well)

I bet Favre tries to prove his worth by making some crazy plays like the one in overtime of the NFC Championship game last year. He jumped backwards and threw it to the Giants DB. Awesome!

Good luck to the Jets.

Can't wait for Monday night! It'll be all-Farve the whole night with a football game being played in the background. At least we don't have to listen to Madden choke on Brett's meat sausage, err, I mean ramble on and on about how big of a mistake the Packers made by getting rid of the greatest human being to ever live.

The Dolphins are now looking at Pennington and I honestly think he would do well there. That being said, the Jets took care of themselves by putting language in the contract that they would be compensated if Favre retires after this season and the Packers covered themselves by putting language in the deal that the Jets can't retrade Favre back into the Division he came from...

That being said, F*CK YOU FAVRE !!!

WHODEY !!!

Yeah, it's just weird the way this whole thing went down. But in the end, the Jets got worse, the Dolphins got a little better, and I think the Packers will be ok as long as Rodgers doesn't get hurt.....again.

Yeah, it's just weird the way this whole thing went down. But in the end, the Jets got worse, the Dolphins got a little better, and I think the Packers will be ok as long as Rodgers doesn't get hurt.....again.

What is really weird is that in week one of the regular season the New York Jets travel to Miami to play the Dolphins! Tell me Pennington won't be salivating at the prospect of up ending his old team. :lol:

I was fine with him until he unretired and started making all these ridiculous demands. Egomaniacal buttmunch.....

Did you consider he might be addicted to the game and it's glory? There is no 12 step program to get you off of this s**t. It likely makes crack seem like Hostess Twinkies!

I was fine with him until he unretired and started making all these ridiculous demands. Egomaniacal buttmunch.....

Did you consider he might be addicted to the game and it's glory? There is no 12 step program to get you off of this s**t. It likely makes crack seem like Hostess Twinkies!

Hmmm...crack. I mean...hmmmm...Hostess Twinkies.

No, cause most other people are able to walk away without doing the kind of stuff he has done. Yeah, you catch the retired players the next season saying they miss the game, but they don't unretire (except for Seau).

It really wasn't so much that fact that he unretired that bothered me. It's the way he did it. He demanded to be made the starter again. When that didn't happen, he demanded to be released. When that didn't happen, he demanded to be traded. He is a diva. And I can't stand divas....