Hancock Review

Most reviews are mixed for this film and i thought it was going to be bad because of them, but i could not be more wrong. This film had an amazing beginning and an extremely quick start, the plot causes the direction of the film to stray from action to comedy to drama to romance and it really tries to juggle alot of things near the end, but a great performance by the entire cast made it a great summer film. Truly one of Smith's best IMO.

8/10

GREAT movie. I thought it was funny, not too romantic, and had a pretty good storyline. The ending was pretty good and it definitely sets up a sequel. Will Smith was funny as HELL. The twist was cool. It's worth checking out for sure.

8/10

I want to see this one, the idea is original and Will Smith is a great actor.

GREAT movie. I thought it was funny, not too romantic, and had a pretty good storyline. The ending was pretty good and it definitely sets up a sequel. Will Smith was funny as HELL. The twist was cool. It's worth checking out for sure.

8/10

Will Smith is a great actor. I used to not like him so much, but after The Pursuit of Happiness and I am Legend he is one of my favorite entertainers (not one of my favorite actors, that's another topic). Will can hold a scene for over 45 minutes himself (I am Legend) or make you laugh your ass of (Hitch).

8/10

Will Smith is a great actor. I used to not like him so much, but after The Pursuit of Happiness and I am Legend he is one of my favorite entertainers (not one of my favorite actors, that's another topic). Will can hold a scene for over 45 minutes himself (I am Legend) or make you laugh your ass of (Hitch).

Hes been one of my favs since MIB and Independance Day, top 5 of my fav actors are;

(no particular order)

Will Smith

Tom Hanks

Terrance Howard

Robert Deniro

Al Pacino

Nice list. Terrance is good, but still not a top dog yet.

Here's my top 5 (in order):

Johnny Depp

Tom Hanks

Denzel Washington

Leonardo Dicaprio

Nicholas Cage

Morgan Freeman should be in any top 5 as well.

Honorable mentions:

Bruce Willis

Jack Nicholson

Matt Damon

Kevin Spacey

Joaquin Phoenix

Christian Bale (I really like this one)

Mel Gibson

Samuel L Jackson (It's a love/hate situation)

Tom Cruise

Forest Whitaker

Nice list. Terrance is good, but still not a top dog yet.

Here's my top 5 (in order):

Johnny Depp

Tom Hanks

Denzel Washington

Leonardo Dicaprio

Nicholas Cage

Morgan Freeman should be in any top 5 as well.

Honorable mentions:

Bruce Willis

Jack Nicholson

Matt Damon

Kevin Spacey

Joaquin Phoenix

Christian Bale (I really like this one)

Mel Gibson

Samuel L Jackson (It's a love/hate situation)

Tom Cruise

Forest Whitaker

Yeah my next 5 would defn include;

Bale, Denzel, Forest, Spacey, and tom cruise (even though hes a fckin wacko)

5 favorite actors? I'll take a stab at it, though I suspect my list is more influenced by the roles they've chosen than acting ability.

Denzel Washington - Man On Fire. A frickin' tour de force.

Sean Penn - I just like the way he constantly mouths off about stuff he doesn't know anything about. His acting consists of slicking his hair back, leaning close to the other person in the scene and speaking very quietly. But I still like his movies.

Paul Giammati - Ever see American Splendor? This fellow picks roles, then pulls them off the way Sean Penn wishes he could.

Nick Nolte - Colonel Gordon Tall in The Thin Red Line. Awesome. The movie came out in '98, the same year as Saving Private Ryan, so it was understandably eclipsed by that film. But Nolte's performance in Thin Red Line was worth checking out. The movie is one of the best.

Matt Damon - I don't know anything about acting, but he makes this list based on the Bourne movies alone.

Next weekend "The Dark Knight" debuts.

The-Dark-Knight-Batman-1230.jpg

It looks like the best so far to me.

Already got my tickets lol (no i realy don't but i will see it on friday, and possibly take the day off work lol)

Next weekend "The Dark Knight" debuts.

The-Dark-Knight-Batman-1230.jpg

It looks like the best so far to me.

Already got my tickets lol (no i realy don't but i will see it on friday, and possibly take the day off work lol)

Let us know how it is. This new Joker looks really insane. Even better than Nicholson was.

joker_wizardfull.jpgjoker-jack.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Caught Hancock as the bottom half of the double bill at the local drive-in last night (Wall-e was the first feature...fun but not the OMG transcendent movie all the reviews would have you believe).

Will Smith was Will Smith. He always strikes me as a guy whose role in any flick can be summed up as "Will Smith plays [insert role here]" Same character, different schtick. That's OK, I like his schtick.

Bottom line: great concept, lousy execution. The film just doesn't go anywhere, yet at the same time leaves so many possibilities in its wake. It reminds me a whole lot of the Bruce Willis superhero film Unbreakable. Though that film went nowhere for exactly the opposite reason: it just sits around, while Hancock goes haywire from the start -- but after a dozen scenes of his clumsy takeoffs and landings you are wondering if there is any more...and there really isn't.

Unbreakable was supposed to be the first of a trilogy that never got made. Hopefully Hancock doesn't meet the same fate -- clearly a sequel is set up -- but I wouldn't count on it.

Unbreakable was one of the worst movies I ever saw. Horrible. After two hours of nothing, the movie finally seemed like it might start to get good, then it ended.

Yeah, pacing was turgid, but the real problem IMHO was Willis. Like Smith, you see him on the screen and you have expectations X, Y and Z. Instead you got [insert some letter from an unknown alien language here]. Tighten the movie up, add some action and get a guy who can convey the idea of a superhero who knows he's different, but has spent half his life denying his abilities and having his life all f**ked up as a result. Instead we got Willis playing the "superhero as borderline retard."

Smith, OTOH, is good for Hancock, but the action is dialed up to 10 and by the end of the flick you are sitting there going, that made no f**king sense at all.