The Shaun Alexander Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also just seen this, i dont like the way he plays though, i believe his Oline was his fire.

The offensive line is every good backs fire to some degree. They can't open the holes for themselves.

I believe that, but his Oline was exceptionally good, and i believe all good backs can still gain yards even when the holes close by either going around the hole or trucking right through it, i don't see Alexander do either of these things.

wait, Rudi and Shaun in the same backfield sounds like a 2.7 YPC nightmare. No thanks.

I do think Rudi has more upside than Shaun but only barely. Shaun has been injured for most of the last 2 years. Rudi is just slowing down. Neither have much left in the tank.

Shaun will turn up in a place like NYJ or Carolina or Chicago or Detroit or Houston....aka football purgatory.

The Seattle Seahawks released Shaun Alexander. This would be a great fit for the Bengals. Him and Rudi in the back field would be fierce!

I see you have a time machine and are here from the year 2003. Welcome to 2008, sir. I hope you enjoy your stay.

The Seattle Seahawks released Shaun Alexander. This would be a great fit for the Bengals. Him and Rudi in the back field would be fierce!

If we could get him cheap, I say bring him in for a look-see.

Sounds relatively riskless to sign him to a minimalist deal. Further, it let's us focus more on Defense in the draft.

If we could get him cheap, I say bring him in for a look-see.

Sounds relatively riskless to sign him to a minimalist deal. Further, it let's us focus more on Defense in the draft.

Since we have Thurman back, I say we can go WR earlier.

With the non- early selection of a RB I think the chance that the Bengals sign Shuan Alexander are pretty high.

I am not so sure he is not washed up but ,you have he could do the Chris Perry swing pass type of plays.

Shaun would be coming home to Cincinnati so that might push him to a little better performance

What do you guys think? I think they may have already had a deal in place with him.

Wait, I forgot, we're the Begnals nobody thinks that far ahead.

No harm in giving him a tryout, and if he's willing to sign for vet min, why not?

Frankly, at this point, he is more likely to produce for us than any remaining draftable RB

That said, I don't think the FO is smart enough to bring him in for a look-see.....or to know to stop pulling on a door clearly labeled "Push"

We'er not getting a running back. We have too many players and money their already. Maybe Rudi's not a 1,400 yd back anymore, but combine Irons, Perry and, Watson and I think we're just fine.

We need consistent offense from an RB again. I think that was a huge factor to our record last year - the lack of ground attack!

This isnt the answer. More mileage than rudi, he is completely washed up. Although he did seem to give up when he got his contract, so maybe putting him on a 1 year deal would light another fire under him until a replacement steps up.

I still have faith in Irons or Perry to become our future at RB. Or we rotate the 3 of them and have a nice RBBC.