Quick survey

gregstephens

err...without naming names, what exactly is the basis for the name/nickname 'Fredo' in this context?

I musta missed something.....

A very abstract movie term which I have no use for. You might as well call him Gollum from "The Lord Of The Rings".

err...without naming names, what exactly is the basis for the name/nickname 'Fredo' in this context?

congrats on recovering from your 36 year coma.

C'mon...give 'em a break. Half the members here aren't even near that age.

A very abstract movie term which I have no use for. You might as well call him Gollum from "The Lord Of The Rings".

Oh you gotta be kidding. The greatest movie franchise in history. Flip 'Lord of the Rings'. To even compare the two is insane. And age is no excuse, cable tv plays these movies every other week.

The Godfather, check.

Now tell me why he is Fredo?

I'll play...even though Chad will always be Flava Flav to me.

Fredo was involved in a plot to kill his brother, weakly explaining he meant no harm but just wanted something of his own. By comparison, Chad now justifies turning on his own family members by saying he needs to do what right for Chad, a far different thing than simply doing what's right.

Learning of the plot on his life Fredo's brother lets him know he's aware of Fredo's duplicity. he kisses his brother while uttering..."You broke my heart." He then informs other family members that Fredo is dead to him, although no actual harm should come to Fredo until the death of their mother. Or in Chad's case until another wideout can be drafted.

Fredo, just like his brother Sonny is completely unable to control his emotions. However, in Chad & Fredo's example the lack of control is rooted in their weakness and immaturity. Meanwhile Sonny, like TJ Houshmandzadeh, are examples of utter competence wrapped in barely controlled rage.

Fredo attempts to overcome his cowardly ways by avenging Sonny's death, but in the attempt drops the handgun repeatedly before finally collapsing in a heap of blubbering weakness. Meanwhile, Chad was seen attempting to avenge the death of his own carefully crafted image, but for no reason whatsoever drops the football instead of scoring. He collapses on the turf and just sits there in stunned Fredo-like shock, unable to even look in the direction of the now fumbled chance for redemption. (To his lasting credit Fredo never fakes his own death, as Chad Johnson attempted to do after dropping a certain TD pass against the Bills.)

In the novels Fredo's character is described as gay or bi-sexual. His wife mocks him openly. By comparison, Chad Johnson dresses in garish colors and seems preoccupied by the choices he makes in shoes, uniforms, and oversized sport coats. And unlike the image of the rugged manly man Chad has also been known to dye his hair color, cut his hair in outlandish hairstyles, and decorate his face with golden jewelry. Thus its fair to assume Chad Johnson has unresolved sexual issues relating to gender preference. However, the long list of baby mommas and children born out of wedlock offer ample proof that Chad Johnson isn't gay. He simply dresses as they often do. (Fabulous!!!!)

Fredo, like Chad Johnson, eventually becomes a pathetic and tragic figure who is comfortable only with children. All adults in his inner circle grow tired of his weaknesses and lose all respect for him. Fredo spends his last days taking frequent boat rides and fishing trips with the young son of his brother....the only family member who still loves him. Eventually, after the death of their beloved mother, his brother Michael calls his son away and Fredo is left to take a boat ride with one of his brothers henchmen. He is shot in the back of the head and then tossed overboard....symbolically disappearing. However, he is not quickly forgotten even by the man who reluctantly orders his assassination, and the weight of the decision torments the very man who ordered the killing. And that's true because his brother still loved Fredo even though he knew he had to die.

FLAVA FLAV!!!!!!!!!

The Godfather, check.

Now tell me why he is Fredo?

I'll play...even though Chad will always be Flava Flav to me.

Fredo was involved in a plot to kill his brother, weakly explaining he meant no harm but just wanted something of his own. By comparison, Chad now justifies turning on his own family members by saying he needs to do what right for Chad, a far different thing than simply doing what's right.

Learning of the plot on his life Fredo's brother lets him know he's aware of Fredo's duplicity. he kisses his brother while uttering..."You broke my heart." He then informs other family members that Fredo is dead to him, although no actual harm should come to Fredo until the death of their mother. Or in Chad's case until another wideout can be drafted.

Fredo, just like his brother Sonny is completely unable to control his emotions. However, in Chad & Fredo's example the lack of control is rooted in their weakness and immaturity. Meanwhile Sonny, like TJ Houshmandzadeh, are examples of utter competence wrapped in barely controlled rage.

Fredo attempts to overcome his cowardly ways by avenging Sonny's death, but in the attempt drops the handgun repeatedly before finally collapsing in a heap of blubbering weakness. Meanwhile, Chad was seen attempting to avenge the death of his own carefully crafted image, but for no reason whatsoever drops the football instead of scoring. He collapses on the turf and just sits there in stunned Fredo-like shock, unable to even look in the direction of the now fumbled chance for redemption. (To his lasting credit Fredo never fakes his own death, as Chad Johnson attempted to do after dropping a certain TD pass against the Bills.)

In the novels Fredo's character is described as gay or bi-sexual. His wife mocks him openly. By comparison, Chad Johnson dresses in garish colors and seems preoccupied by the choices he makes in shoes, uniforms, and oversized sport coats. And unlike the image of the rugged manly man Chad has also been known to dye his hair color, cut his hair in outlandish hairstyles, and decorate his face with golden jewelry. Thus its fair to assume Chad Johnson has unresolved sexual issues relating to gender preference. However, the long list of baby mommas and children born out of wedlock offer ample proof that Chad Johnson isn't gay. He simply dresses as they often do. (Fabulous!!!!)

Fredo, like Chad Johnson, eventually becomes a pathetic and tragic figure who is comfortable only with children. All adults in his inner circle grow tired of his weaknesses and lose all respect for him. Fredo spends his last days taking frequent boat rides and fishing trips with the young son of his brother....the only family member who still loves him. Eventually, after the death of their beloved mother, his brother Michael calls his son away and Fredo is left to take a boat ride with one of his brothers henchmen. He is shot in the back of the head and then tossed overboard....symbolically disappearing. However, he is not quickly forgotten even by the man who reluctantly orders his assassination, and the weight of the decision torments the very man who ordered the killing. And that's true because his brother still loved Fredo even though he knew he had to die.

FLAVA FLAV!!!!!!!!!

Wow...I was just going on Michael's declaration that Fredo 'was dead to him', but I'm tremendously impressed. Lit major in college? You have that analytic way about you. Very nice.

I also like Flava Flav!!!!