Chris Henry RELEASED

According to my friend, a C.O. in the Hamilton Co. Jail; Henry is there and he is denying the charges... He's going to get me an autograph, lol.

If true, do you think Henry will be banned for life? This isn't drugs. If it were a drug charge, Henry would surely be banned for life.

Nah, he's a zero tolerance policy. Not just a zero tolerance policy for drugs.

He's done.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's who we replace him with. Guy has about the best numbers across the board for any WR. His height with his vert are pretty crazy. Had some injury issues as a senior, but when he came back he had close to 200 yds/gm. He's projected as a FA, but given his numbers I think we'd have to use our 6th Supp. to grab him. Given the dual Chris Henry/Chad situation, I also think we should go for someone more established earlier as well. Otherwise, we'll have to have great hopes for the FA crop to pay off.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=14632

Chad Schilens

Height: 6037

Weight: 208

40 Yrd Dash: 4.38

20 Yrd Dash: 2.52

10 Yrd Dash: 1.46 225 Lb. Bench Reps:

Vertical Jump: 43

Broad Jump: 10'03"

20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.25

3-Cone Drill: 6.84

Other intriguing WR options include:

Donnie Avery- Houston (but will go in 2nd or 3rd)

(mind blowing #'s) and just had a "lights out" pro day according to Brandt.

WR Donnie Avery (5-11 1/8, 182): Ran the 40 in 4.35 and 4.34, had a 37 ½-inch vertical jump, 10-foot, 6-inch long jump, 3.91 short shuttle, 6.30 cone drill, ran position drills.

Jerome Simpson - Coastal Carolina

Height: 6016

Weight: 199

40 Yrd Dash: 4.42

20 Yrd Dash: 2.57

10 Yrd Dash: 1.47 225 Lb. Bench Reps:

Vertical Jump: 37 1/2

Broad Jump: 11'04"

20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.52

3-Cone Drill: 7.08

Marcus Monk - Arkansas

Height: 6042

Weight: 222

40 Yrd Dash: 4.41

20 Yrd Dash: 2.55

10 Yrd Dash: 1.48 225 Lb. Bench Reps:

Vertical Jump: 36

Broad Jump:

20 Yrd Shuttle:

3-Cone Drill:

Arman Shields - Richmond

Can't find his numbers but they were near tops across the board at the Combine.

The Silver Lining of the Chad/Henry Thing: Our troubles are so high profile that I think many top tier FA's, knowing who they could have throwing them the ball and our now glaring need, will sign up here.

From "The Sound of Music"

Words by Oscar Hammerstein 2nd

Music by Richard Rodgers

There's a sad sort of clanging

From the clock in the hall

And the bells in the steeple too,

And up in the nurs'ry an absurd little bird

Is popping out to say "coocoo".

Regretfully they tell us,

But firmly they compel us

To say goodby to you.

So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehen, good night,

I hate to go and leave this pretty sight.

So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehen, adieu,

Adieu, adieu, to yieu and yieu and yieu.

So long, farewell, Au'voir, auf wiedersehen,

I'd like to stay and taste my first champagne

So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehen, goodbye,

I leave and heave a sigh and say goodbye,

Good bye

I'm glad to go,

I cannot tell a lie.

I flit, I float,

I fleetly flee, I fly.

The sun has gone to bed and so must I

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye,

Goodbye,

Goodbye,

Goodbye!

done.

well at least he had the blindingly good luck to do this BEFORE the draft...

mistaken identity....wow.

since he was not in a 15 jersey, I think we can all concede he is making progress.

I f I had to guess who is the most angry about this transgression, I'd guess it is Carson. oh, and maybe Chad is a bit jealous of the attention Chris is getting, too.

1. Per Curnette's blog the Bengals will have a comment on this after the 12pm trial today. This is different than their typical no comment. I say this is to say Goodbye which I assume most of you already figured.

2. What does cutting him now do to the cap as opposed to cutting him after June 2nd?

I have always been more towards, give the guy another chance but he deserves the lifetime ban along with Pac.

According to my friend, a C.O. in the Hamilton Co. Jail; Henry is there and he is denying the charges... He's going to get me an autograph, lol.

If true, do you think Henry will be banned for life? This isn't drugs. If it were a drug charge, Henry would surely be banned for life.

If this is true, I don't care if it's drugs or not... I want the dirtbag gone... Cincinnati doesn't need this crap anymore... I'm tired of all the drama queens we have on this team... Hell, if you can call it a team anymore <_< ...

According to .com via a Mike Brown press release, it's official, he's gone.

Good.

Time to move on. Thank God they finally realized that.

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6709

That noise you hear along with the vibrations your feeling in the floor is CJ jumping up and down, clapping his hands and talking sh%^t non stop.

From a performance perspective, you hate to lose a guy like Henry. He could have been great. But he is just too much of a numbskull.

What a waste of talent.

As for the Bengals, good move. Their only one, really, IMO, but kudos for acting swiftly and decisively.

Redskins

Raiders. :lol:

Wow. I'm happy they released him. He's a piece of s**t.

However, I'm more happy with the way the organization handled it. They showed the rest of the team that "Hey, we're not going to put up with this s**t anymore. Phuck up, and you're gone." They didn't even wait for the NFL to hand down sanctions. Add this along with the way they are standing up to Chad, you've got to like the image this team is trying to give themselves.

From a performance perspective, you hate to lose a guy like Henry. He could have been great. But he is just too much of a numbskull.

What a waste of talent.

As for the Bengals, good move. Their only one, really, IMO, but kudos for acting swiftly and decisively.

Redskins

Raiders. :lol:

Knucklehead Henry will be a long term resident in some state lockup, that you can be sure. When his money runs out. Just hope he doesn't kill anyone before he takes up residence.

I wonder if WR now becomes a first round priority? I've never had much use for KnuckleHead but this year I had a glimmer of hope.

That noise you hear along with the vibrations your feeling in the floor is CJ jumping up and down, clapping his hands and talking sh%^t non stop.

Not so sure about that. Chris Mortensen was just asked what this means to the Bengals and he said it puts to an end any consideration the Bengals might have given in regards to trading Chad.

"They just lost one very good receiver. They won't lose two." --- Mort

Glad to see Chris is again driving around OTR in an Escalade with expired tags and thinking he won't draw any attention to himself. I guess they didn't find any drugs, underage hookers or hooch in his car, so, I guess that's progress.

And I can see the Goodell conspiratists are out in full force. Just like old times on Bingalszone.

:lol:

The Bengals today waived WR Chris Henry.

Bengals president Mike Brown issued the following statement:

"Chris Henry has forfeited his opportunity to pursue a career with the Bengals. His conduct can no longer be tolerated.

"The Bengals tried for an extended period of time to support Chris and his potentially bright career. We had hoped to guide him toward an appropriate standard of personal responsibility that this community would support and that would allow him to play in the NFL. We acknowledge those fans who had concerns about Chris; at the same time we tried to help a young man.

"But those efforts end today, as we move on with what is best for our team."

=======================================

WTF I just dont get it, any other team would have traded him ,now the Bengals get nothing out of him you can bet that Dallas ,the Ravens and any team that needs a WR will go after him.

Everybody that thinks its such a great idea to take a risk on the character problems its time to rethink.

I was one of the only guys that hated it when the Bengals drafted him because I saw his antics at WVU.

I think that Henry has some mental problems .

Having majored in psychology I know that people that are not right in the head often self medicate and I think that is why he is always drinking.

I know that when I went to Bengals Traing Camp I watched Henry sit on a cooler while all the rest of the guys were standing on the sidelines talking to eachother,laughing, I dont think I saw him talk to another player(or smile) the whole day.He just had a blank stare the whole time.It said to me that he felt inferior or better than everyone else and had trouble even talking to his teamates.

I think that he is the kind of person that drinks or gets high in order to feel normal.

At any rate, what he is accused of looks like a minor thing that would result in a fine.

I think that Marvin is just fed up and he may have had a call from the commish' saying that Henry is done .

Either way its sad because,Henry has talent , I just wish we could have got something out of him.

This surely puts the Bengals in bad spot as far as the draft goes.

Not so sure about that. Chris Mortensen was just asked what this means to the Bengals and he said it puts to an end any consideration the Bengals might have given in regards to trading Chad.

"They just lost one very good receiver. They won't lose two." --- Mort

Right -- so if Chad reverses his stance (again) on holding out, he arguably has more leverage. Not that it would matter, it will almost certainly be a cold day in hell before the Bengals give him a new deal (or a bronze locker or an executive suite at PBS or whatever it is he wants). But he could make things way uglier than they would have been otherwise.

you can bet that Dallas ,the Ravens and any team that needs a WR will go after him.

The likelyhood of Henry ever playing again is slim. We wouldn't have gotten jack outa him. You really think anyone outside of Oakland would've traded anything for a guy on borrowed time? Doubtful.

Oh and good f'ing riddance.

Right -- so if Chad reverses his stance (again) on holding out, he arguably has more leverage. Not that it would matter, it will almost certainly be a cold day in hell before the Bengals give him a new deal (or a bronze locker or an executive suite at PBS or whatever it is he wants). But he could make things way uglier than they would have been otherwise.

... I knew it!!!! ... it was Chad! He dressed up like Henry and committed the crime ... all to get Henry dismissed and now Chad has more leverage. Grrrrr. These guys will stop at nothing!!!!

:lol: