Team to meet with Mendenhall

NJ29

Per KFFL...

Bengals | Team to meet with Mendenhall

Thu, 27 Mar 2008 09:59:19 -0700

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Cincinnati Bengals will meet with University of Illinois RB Rashard Mendenhall.

I don't know if this is a move they're looking at if they trade back, but Mendenhall is a beast. The only issue with me is cutting about 3 other running backs to make room. The idea of drafting a running back has somewhat grown on me.

Yeah, I don't think there's any way they can pass on one of them if they're there, but I'm getting more paranoid that it's not gonna happen. I like Ellis, but I've never seen him dominate people the way Dorsey does. I don't know if there's a scenario where Dorsey would freefall to us, I would go bats**t insane in my excitement if it happened.

The idea of drafting a running back has somewhat grown on me.

This draft is EXTREMELY deep in several areas, Running Back being tops. There will be a Tailback that can be developed, just like Rudi, available at the end of the 3rd or middle of the fourth round.

For whatever's growing on you, white vinegar is probably effective.

I don't know if there's a scenario where Dorsey would freefall to us, I would go bats**t insane in my excitement if it happened.

A REALLY bad visual . . . and not too weird. Dorsey will NOT be drafted by a 3 - 4 team - he's not a 0 technique guy, but an under-tackle, thereby eliminating Miami, St.Louis, Jets, Pats, and Baltimore. Of the remaining 3 -

Atlanta would be nuts to spend top 3 $$$ on an interior d-lineman , and Arthur Blank needs a GREAT PR move to get his fanbase back (Ryan, DMC, Chris Long)

Oakland just spent $500,000,000 or something on their d-line, although Davis may have forgotten that already (Mr. Senile to you!)

KC is the key - but Dorsey's reportedly 4th on their board behind Jake Long, DMC, and Sedrick Ellis.

Like they say in "Angels in the Outfield".....it COULD happen !!! :sure:

must be prepping for Ellis and Dorsey to be gone at 9...damn.

My thoughts exactly. That being said, Rashard is probably the only back in this draft I could live with in the #1 pick.

I'm still hoping for Ellis though. :bengal:

Trade Down !!!! For the Love of God Trade Down!!!!! :(:(

If a top tier DT isn't on the board at #9, I fully advocate this. :bengal:

Great. So, we're all in agreement then . . . B)

i am still on the fence with mendenhall. i have seen him play alot and his numbers are good. when you watch him play he just doen't seem all that great. then a 4.5 speed he not going to run away from anybody in the nfl. some may disagree with me but , i see him as another rudi with better hands and that not what we need at rb. i think he would to much of a risk at #9. if ellis, dorsey, both longs, mcfadden and gholston are gone which the chances are they will be. then we need to trade out of the top 20 and try to pick up more picks. i just don't see any players that would be worth top 10 money after the top 6 are gone. trade down, trade down and, then trade down again. get as many picks as you can mike and marvin!

Here's a list of other players the Bengals have interviewed or set up visits with...

Bengals | Team has private workout with T. Branch

Mon, 31 Mar 2008 10:27:27 -0700

Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports the Cincinnati Bengals had a private workout with Connecticut CB Tyvon Branch.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bengals | Bernadeau scheduled to visit in April

Sun, 30 Mar 2008 10:13:06 -0700

Josh Buchanan, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports Bentley OG Mackenzy Bernadeau is scheduled to visit the Cincinnati Bengals in April.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bengals | Sherry scheduled to visit

Sun, 30 Mar 2008 08:56:54 -0700

J.J. Pesavento, of Next Level Scouting, reports Villanova TE Matt Sherry is scheduled to visit the Cincinnati Bengals.

Bengals | Team to meet with Hardy

Fri, 28 Mar 2008 09:49:34 -0700

In an interview on SIRIUS NFL Radio The SIRIUS Blitz, University of Indiana WR James Hardy said he will meet with the Cincinnati Bengals.

Bengals | Team has talked with S. Johnson

Thu, 27 Mar 2008 21:55:35 -0700

Josh Buchanan, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports the Cincinnati Bengals have talked with University of Kentucky WR Steve Johnson.

Bengals | Team to meet with Molden

Thu, 27 Mar 2008 10:25:47 -0700

Josh Buchanan, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports the Cincinnati Bengals will meet with University of Eastern Kentucky CB Antwaun Molden.

Bengals | Team to meet with Mendenhall

Thu, 27 Mar 2008 09:59:19 -0700

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Cincinnati Bengals will meet with University of Illinois RB Rashard Mendenhall.

Bengals | Kuhn worked out for team

Wed, 26 Mar 2008 21:02:02 -0700

J.J. Pesavento, of Next Level Scouting, reports Louisville TE Scott Kuhn has worked out for the Cincinnati Bengals.

Bengals | Urrutia has worked out for team

Tue, 25 Mar 2008 00:30:38 -0700

J.J. Pesavento, of Next Level Scouting, reports Louisville WR Mario Urrutia has worked out individually for the Cincinnati Bengals.

I forget who it was that had the hard on for this kid, but he may not be alone. The Bengals just worked him out.... :lol:

Bengals | Lynch works out for team

Mon, 31 Mar 2008 23:56:05 -0700

Josh Buchanan, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports Appalachian State FS Corey Lynch worked out for Cincinnati Bengals defensive backs coach Kevin Coyle.

WHY DRAFT A RB??????????? WHY DRAFT A QB????? WE ALREADY HAVE 4 of each. This is almost funny it is so stupid, and it is just about what the browns will do.

I would almost rather they draft a Kicker in round one... ok maybe not. No RB is worthy of a top 10 pick except McFadden. Stewart from Oregon was up in the top, then with his surgery dropped. He is already injured and would work well in our RB core. I am so tired of the bengals draft strategy lately.

I would propose the idiots draft a GM first round, and scouts in every round after.

Sorry for the sarcasm but I have had it with the Bengals upper management.

These team meetings are all smoke screens

According to a source I trust implicitly, I am told that the entire process is a smoke screen, and that in reality the Bengals are not even going to exercise their draft picks this year. Management and coaching are confident of the players they currently have in-house, and in any event need to use what remaining cap space they have on extensions for players like TJ, Whitworth and Stacy, as well as to accommodate the return of injured/suspended guys like Odell and Perry. So we will be going to war with what we have.

Remember, you heard it here first! It's all just a big fake-out! Don't fall for it! :P